As Lisa Horton mentioned on her recent Graphmaster show on Hochanda I attended a workshop with her at CE Towers and ended up buying the whole set of pens as I loved them so much. This has meant that I have been trying more colouring and thought I would share a coloured image or card every Saturday.
I stared with the garden song stamp to die for that matches the Bora Bora die. I stamped the image using
black ink and coloured it using the following Graphmaster pens
Flowers yellow 45 & 47 and warm grey 4. leaves green 48 & 59. Outline Warm Grey 4 cream 36 & yellow ochre 101.
I used the warm grey for the centre with a little of the cream 36 around the edges .
A simple image to start as there isn't a great deal of space for shading but Im pleased with this as a first attempt!
More colouring next week,
Enjoy...
Morning John, a very pretty card and great colouring looking forward to seeing them on Saturday's.
ReplyDeleteNancyd d xx
Great card, could easily be used for a man too. Love the colouring.
ReplyDeleteOff to Stratford on Avon today for the weekend with a group of friends so likely to be a noisy time.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a nice card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove your colouring I have this stamp and Bora Bora die It's great
Jan
Great card John, I love Kraft card with black and white!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn B x
Great card John and I love your colouring. Looking forward to seeing more.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
B xx
Hi John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your colouring project, it is great that you have learnt a new technique that once again you have shared. Lovely card.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
A lovely card John. Your use of craft card has helped me a lot - as I have a whole pile of it and have only used it for card blanks. Embossed panels is a great idea. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Great card, lovely colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Love this card John it's a beauty love your colouring also I'm going to try to improve mystamping this year
ReplyDeleteThanks John xxxxxx love June horrocks xxxx
Morning John, beautiful card and the colouring is a real treat, Lisa is certainly a good teacher.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hello John, such a pretty card, and great colouring, would love to see some more. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card today, I like your use of craft card, I have a load here and now know (sort of) what I can do with it.
Love the colouring, the flowers are lovely.
Back to finishing off the quilt I've been making today, can't go to our usual Saturday class today so have to be occupied lol.
Enjoy your day
Maggie
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAs you know, I bought some markers recently (different brand)but mainly to colour gems/pearls and card edges as I admire coloured pieces but never thought it was for me.
Seeing this lovely card, has made me think I should at least give it a try.
You'll be busy but have a great weekend.
Ang x
Hi John, I keep meaning to get into this colouring, perhaps now is the time. Lovely card. Have a great weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, John. I agree with Jan, the Kraft card is so effective. I enjoy colouring with alcohol pens but must do more. Off to Colemans shortly - could be an expensive trip!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteHi John. A lovely card today and interesting to see how the colouring makes the sentiment really pop. I am so pleased you are enjoying using the markers as much as I do.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John. Great colouring. Not opened my pens yet, they are 2nd on the list. 1st is Sue's weaving dies following Julias great demos yesterday. Both are having to wait until tomorrow as taking Grandies to panto this afto (oh no you're not, oh yes I am). SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John a lovely card, but as I am not great at colouring mine would never look like this.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John. Lovely card and colouring. Love Valxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLovely card and colour combo
June x
Good Morning John well done on the colouring it does mean lots of practice but you are definitely doing a stunning job on those flowers. A really gorgeous card today love thw whole design. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration John, this is one of four Stamps to die for, I received as Christmas gifts, so you have tempted me to play.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card your colouring is amazing they must be good pens if you bought the whole set in one go. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John xx
ReplyDeleteGreat theme for a Saturday I don't colour So I will enjoy seeing this Lovely card for the first one
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. The pens look very inviting, but I have tons of the other alcohol markers to use up first.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Lovely John. Another string to your bow now that you've polished up your colouring techniques! Look forward to seeing more on future Saturdays.
ReplyDeleteJohn, can't say that I enjoy coloring. I find it so time consuming but if it is done properly it does look very nice. I guess what I am saying is that I have not been happy with my results when it comes to coloring.
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteI used to do lots of colouring but it has been put on the back burner lately! I do like it combined with Dies! Your card is lovely. Looking forward to seeing more.
Love Myra
Good job on your coloring on this card. Looking forward to more of the same in the future.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Your colouring is brilliant. I have both the die and stamp but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Perhaps next week. Thank you for sharing this card with us.
ReplyDeleteJohn this is absolutely beautiful and your colouring looks
ReplyDeleteperfect to me. I really love the stamp you used.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the flowers.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather