Happy Thursday,
I'm into my first full day at Paperworld in Germany today setting up the Creative Expressions stand. Follow me on Instagram or Facebook to see pictures of the stand going together and the show!
Today's card is using similar dies to yesterdays and is, in its own way dramatic, but the switch to a main coconut white card front really settles this!
I stared b cutting the outline die from the Love Hearts diagonal die into a 5" x 7" piece of coconut white foundation card. I then carefully placed all three cut pieces into the Victorian Tiles 5 x 7 embossing folder and embossed the pieces. Next I removed the strip from the centre of the diagonal cut and covers the pattern with enchanted gold metallic gilding polish.
I added a piece of red behind this which I had cut with the detail die form the Love Hearts set. I foam mounted the white pieces above this and , using the edge die with this set, I cut and added 2 borders of black.
For the main element I cut the detail centre die form the Tessa die in red then in the white. This gives the red detail and the fall away form the white piece fits perfectly in the centre. I stamped the sentiment ( I love this draft font and have used it on loads of my own clear stamp sets) and backed the piece in black.
I made up the three smallest poppies in the requisite poppies set colouring the edges of the petals with archival ink in black and a mini smoothie. I added a 3mm black pearl in the centre and arranged these on a spray of the Olive Branch die cut in black.
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSimply Stunning. Enjoy your day.
Jan
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card today. I love this colour combination. It really stands out.
Hope you aren't having to work too hard.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Very nice card John.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John a lovely card. I hope all is going well in Germany xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Take care Kitty.
Morning John, oh yes love this one, how amazing this card looks.
ReplyDeleteI have been following you on facebook and the stand looks great, lots of hard work for you all setting it up, hope you sell lots and lots of things but leave some for us.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Amazing, the colours are striking.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card today, very striking!!!!!
Hope your crafting in Germany goes well. - enjoy!!!
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxx
Good morning John, beautiful card and lovely in these colours.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Gorgeous card, very striking colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the dies are amazing especially the poppies. Have fun I am looking forward to seeing all your photos. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love this colour combination, really great card. Don't work too hard. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, I love these colours together, good luck today.
ReplyDeleteChris xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card. The poppies really pop.
B xx
Hi John. Despite what I said yesterday, this card really works, possibly because the large expanse of plain card is white and has a bit of interest as it has been embossed. Love it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Gorgeous John, hope you are behaving yourself in Frankfurt. Say Hi to Giedre. xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
X
Morning John,a gorgeous card,good luck with your German endeavour.Nancy xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, John. Hope the show goes well.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning.
Enjoy the show, and you need to get for lunch.
Ein bier und bratwurst mit pommes frites and don't forget the senf on the bratwurst.
Wish I was there I love Germany, lived there for many years.
Enjoy
Maggie
A beautiful card. I love red, white and black. Hope you're having a great time there at the show.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John a real fabulous design today and very striking in those colours. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John.
ReplyDeleteMorning John love this card it's stunning
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxx
Morning John, This card is stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John Gorgeous card I love those poppies!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John Gorgeous card I love those poppies!
ReplyDeleteHi John. Very dramatic colours and I still think the poppies dies are my favourite. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi john, great card, love the poppies. Hope you enjoy Paperworld, I am sure you will gain lots more followers as you really deserve to
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis is a very striking card today and i love the dramatic nature of it in the red black and white. The black (don't tell Sue as i am not a black lover as she knows, heehee hee)just makes this card pop and where as i wouldn't normally go for a card like this as it is modern to my normal taste, but don't leave it lying down if i'm around as you might just go home without it. Barbara if you're around this shop pinch this beauty for me, lol. Thank you flower,
love and crafty hugs
Norah (glenochil Village)
This is an absolutely stunning card. The colour combination gives it a simple but striking look and I adore Poppies anytime.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day and hope the show is going well
Hugs
Helen xx
Very striking card John would suit everything from Valentines to remembrance. Have a good time at the show love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteFantastic card john x hope you're having fun x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hello John, striking card, hope you are having fun in Frankfurt . But does that mean we won't see you on Sat at Newbury, shame as you are always so entertaining !!
ReplyDeleteBesties from Anne & Rita
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card. I love it!
Have a great time in Frankfurt.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. It is a beautiful and dramatic colour
June x
Beautiful card John Hope the day went well
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Enjoy the show. I too was wondering if you are going to be at Newbury as THe Art of Craft says you are. Hope so.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very lovely card, and the design is really super.
Love the wonderful poppies and the colours.
Just perfect for a Valentines card.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Now this is dramatic but absolutely gorgeous, i love the heart diagonal die.
ReplyDeleteYesterday would look just as stunning done with the white too.
I can't see the show stand being set up as i am not on facebook but i do hope you are enjoying yourself.
Totally stunning John, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card today once again! You have been very busy but according to lots of reports on .Sue's blog your Stnd looks great! I don't do Facebook so it's nice to learn from others.
Take care,
Love Myra
Love this design John. Gorgeous poppies. Hope show goes well.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteGot here better late than never.
This has the look of Christmas about it to me, not sure why but a superb card nonetheless.
Ang x