As I always say with this colour choice I know its not everyones cup of tea but I can't stop posting these cards as I just love the colour sorry!
I stared by cutting the Dorado gemini using the bottom edge die from a long strip of the Teal Foundation card. I added a piece of coconut white card the same size cut at the bottom using the outline die and added the teal on top. I then cut a larger strip of black and cut a thin border using just the outline bottom die.
Next I cut the detail die form the Tessa Die into the top of the teal card adding the next outline die in the set. I then cut into the white layering the next die in the set and added the black back panel with foam tape behind.
For the base layer I embossed apiece of coconut white card with the victorian tile embossing folder and highlighted the embossing using the graphite gilding polish. Finally I added layers of the black and white and a stretched tag of white and black form the aperture.
Enjoy...
Personally I love the colour and the card is fantastic. Hope you had a good day yesterday.
ReplyDeleteHappy crafting.
D xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card but I would make it in a different colour.
Jan
Morning John, please don't apologise for the colour, yes it is not everyone's cup of tea as you say but if it is not to someones liking they can always substitute a different colour to suit the recipient. I like how you have made this one.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Don't stop using the teal John it's a gorgeous colour. Thanks for you inspiration xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is gorgeous, I also love the colour.
Keep up the great work
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe colour is great, the card is stunning and would look beautiful in any colour.
Take care
Chris xx
Good morning John what a beautiful card and like you I love this colour
ReplyDeleteAnd the design is wonderful.
Have a lovely day
Debs xxx
Love this colour and the card.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Good morning John and crafters all
ReplyDeleteLove card, lovely colour and design.
Please continue using it, every one has a favourite colour and this happens to be yours!!!
Hope you enjoyed your craft day yesterday.
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Stunning card-love this colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Great card. I love teal it is a lovely colour to work with. Good for man cards too. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteLove both the colour and the card.Hope this publishes as I'm still having problems.Joyce xx
ReplyDeleteKeep the teal cards coming please - they look stunning.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
The next perfect card from the HOCHANDA-presentation. The reason why I bought TESSA :-)
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThis is my "go to" colour when making cards for men. The gilding polish on the bottom layer makes the difference on this card.
B xx
Teal is one of my two favourite colours John, and this card is gorgeous. Xx
ReplyDeleteLove the colour combination you have used here, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Not my most fave, as you know mine are lilac and pinks, but a lovely design, xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the card and colour
ReplyDeleteGood morning John I'm in the camp liking the colour! Not sure about the tag on this one but like the rest love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love the structure of the card, but I am afraid I am mot a lover of the Teal colour.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
I love the colour John it's brill thank you for sharing your gift
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks xxxxx
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteI too love the teal and the design!
June x
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card, such a good use of the dies. Thank you for showing us.
Hugs, Rose
I love this colour combo and you've used the dies brilliantly Really shows both off
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is a beautiful card but it does look blue on my iPad but I do like the teal as I us it a lot.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I like those colours - they're very effective - and it's a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x I really like the teal colour and the dies are beautiful x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, don't be sorry I love teal and it is your blog and you can do what ever you want to do, we are simply guests in your creative work space.
ReplyDeleteLori from Canada
Hi John,long time since I commented,but back online again now. I loved the takeover weekend and delighted to see the dorado card again,still one of my all time favourites. Love todays card and again one of my favourite dies.Take care and I hope to see you back at inspirations again some time. Love Barbara D x
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely card today. I love the way the Dorado die flap nestles in so nicely with the embossing folder, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
John this is another beautiful card, i love this colour
ReplyDeletebut just a little less.
Do love the design though.
Good Evening John, a really gorgeous card I do love your colour combination and the design. hugs Shirleyxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design and the colours are beautiful. I will miss seeing you at the Newbury Craft show. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today and I am a fan of Teal.
Love the design of this card John but as Wendy says my choice would be lilacs and pinks. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou know teal is always a winner for me so teamed with this super design, love it ! Just missing a sentiment, unless I'm not seeing it on the black tag lol!
Ang x