Happy Sunday,
Today is the last day of the Creative Expressions takeover weekend over on Hochanda ( sky 663, Freeview 85 or online at www.hochanda.com) I have 2 shows today continuing the Configurations dies offer shows, Im on at 10am and 1pm.
I thought I really should share a card / demo from this weekends shows today so I chose one of my favourites.
I know this colour combination is one that divides however I love the effect of the rich Teal, Black and White together.
I stared by cutting a piece of teal foundations card top 5" x 7" and I then cut the edger die from the labyrinth diagonal die across the bottom. I then cut the lattice form the die across the piece a little further up. I added cosmic white 3D Pearl Accents to all the junctions on the lattice.
I then added a piece of black behind this cut using the outline die that comes in the set. I added the whole piece to a 5" x 7" piece of coconut white card.
For the main element I simply cut the Daisy Cluster die in black adding white daisies behind using the die that comes in the set. I simply arranged these together to make the wreath and added a pearl embellishment and bow to the centre to finish.
I will be showing lost of techniques on using smaller dies in todays shows especially how we can build whole cards from small dies. Join me at 10am!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.
One day I will catch up on all the shows.
Take care Kitty.
Your demos have been great. That teal card is an amazing colour.
ReplyDeleteYou'll all be ready for a G and T at the end of the weekend!
Jan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteMore great shows yesterday,loved them.Great card but not my favourite colour.
Jan
Well I love teal, black and white so for me this card is fabulous. Won't be able to watch today's shows so will have to get on catch up later.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
I love those colours. Really enjoying the shows, and it's great to see some older dies being used. I've resolved that I'm going to get out my older dies and give them some action!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card & colours.
I have enjoyed all the shows I have managed to watch.
Have a great day
Maggie
Good morning John another gorgeous card I love this card and the colours
ReplyDeleteAnd design are wonderful. I enjoyed watching Hochanda yesterday and I'm lookin
Forward to today's shows.
Have a lovely day
Debs xxx
Lovely card John. Loving all the shows and looking forward to todays.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Hi John. I saw this one on your show, I love these colours together. Very much enjoyed the shows so far, so much fun and ideas. You will need a long rest after this weekend. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John and crafters all,
ReplyDeleteLovely card and I think these colours look fantastic together. Not everyone loves reds,pinks and purples - me I love monochromatic or tone on tone!!
Looking forward to today's shows, Sky+
is set as I am out a bit today, after the week I have had.
I have really enjoyed the Hochanda takeover, absolutely fabulous darling!
Love and crafty hugs to all
Tina T xxxx
Lovely card John, still catching up on the shows. xxx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteI'm good with teal anytime. Saw this on the show and thought it was terrific.
It's been a great weekend of shows but I'll bet you'll be glad to get home this afternoon lol!
Ang x
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the design and the colours you have used. I made a card with the daisy cluster die set on Friday it is very pretty. I have enjoyed the shows so far and I am looking forward to today. Enjoy your day today I hope you get some time to relax. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteI love this card, John. The colours are great. Have been enjoying the shows. Ideal day for crafting and watching today as it raining here.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Stunning card, fantastic design & gorgeous colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, a beautiful card I managed to catch one of your shows yesterday we only get wifi at the pool so it is difficult but it was with Dave it is the first I've seen him on Hochanda but he looked right at home as always.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, oh how wonderful this card is, and what a fabulous time I have had watching the Hochanda shows, I am going to be glued to the PC again today, looking forward to all of them again. I know you must all be exhausted but we love these types of programmes because you get to see so many more projects.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
I love this colour combination! Especially great for male cards (the flowers could be substituted for something different) The shows have been brilliant and very inspiring
ReplyDeleteHi John. Loved this card when I watched you make it. Got to sit on my hands today so I don't buy more stuff. SueL x
ReplyDeleteLove this card john x really enjoying the shows and really appreciate all the ideas and demos x thankyou john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, some gret shows yesterday, thanks to the CE gang.
Lydia
X
Pretty card John.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John xx
ReplyDeleteFab card John. Thoroughly enjoyed your shows yesterday. Thank you for sharing your hints and tips with us.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
Gorgeous card John in one of my favourite colours. Brill shows yesterday, saw some and recorded them all, as I'll be doing today. Have a safe journey home later today. Xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a gorgeous card, have loved the shows so far, so will enjoy the rest today. Hope they go as well as yesterday. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John you really did such a brilliant job of this one on Hochanda and your right I love the colours to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI like the style of this card, though for me the button on the bow seems to make it too dominant for the rest of the card. However take the bow away and its another wow in my opinion John. Sorry but I have to tell as I see John lol.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen
Hi John. I saw you make this one on TV yesterday. Such a nice design as I like cards to be either random or a-symmetrical and I still love the teal card. Back to the TV as I don't want to miss anything.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Morning John, really enjoyed yesterday watching you all on the television but was not able to watch all the shows. You always give so many helpful hints and tips. Love the card today but would choose a different colour I think.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
stunning card John ,great colour ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteWell John, I for one love that card and those colours. Haven't watched everything yet as getting the products is not important (already have what I want to have), but am impressed with all the tips dished out by everyone on the team. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love the colour combination, card is fantastic too!
Thanks for inspiration
Hugs
Sandra
Xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the design and colours for this card
June x
This is goegeous john, i love the colours and the entire design.
ReplyDeleteNeed to catch up on the shows as it been hubby's 60th birthday this weekend and had a party. So been so busy and all i wanted to do was watch the shows lol
Lovely card John. Not had chance to watch your shows today yet but will watch later. Did try to watch one on the iPad on rewind but part way through it froze and couldn't get it to start again. What I did see was very helpful. Thank you. Will try again later.
ReplyDelete