Due to the problems with pictures disappearing form my blog I can't be sure if I have shared this card but I don't think so lol
I stared by making a sheet of pixie powdered watercolour card using the Burnt Orange and straw yellow colours. I sprayed water all over the card and took a print off using a piece of bright white card. I used a pice of blue white seam binding to mop up the excess liquid which creates the beautiful shaded ribbon used on the front.
I started by cutting a square of bright white foundation card with the linear elegance edger die. I rotated the die 90' and cut it again repeating the process until I got the square pattern around the edges. Next I cut the edges of this piece using the edge die from the same set. I backed this with the watercolour card show that the patterns and colour shows through the die cuts.
I then cut the outline and detail die ( dos 1 and 2) from the Tahiti die set in bright white and backed it with more of the pixie powdered paper. I cut the die again in reverse with pixie front and white background and rotated it behind the first die cut. If you look carefully you can see this opposing out its more obvious in real life!
I cut the next dies in the set in white, backed with the paper and layered these up with foam tape.
I tied a messy bow using the seam binding I made and added nasturtiums over this cut in the pixie paper and topped with the open petal dies in white adding stamens in the centre. I cut the autumn leaf trio swirls in the pixie pare and added these behind the flowers.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card Thank You.
take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't see any of your piccies a few weeks ago but I definitely haven't seen this one. I would have remembered it. Makes me feel like Spring might be round the corner. Great card. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting.
D xx
Good morning John another pretty card I love the colours you have used
ReplyDeleteI have loads of pixie powders but never used them but after seeing what you do with them it's time I got them out.
Your design is absolutely beautiful.
Have a lovely day
Debs xxx
Morning John, a gorgeous card so springlike like Deborah never used my pixie powders yet really must get them out and give them a go now I am home.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful, love the pixie colours.
ReplyDeleteAnnette x
What a lovely card John.Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is a lovely bright and cheerful card, reminds me that Spring might be coming any time soon. Love Rosemarie X
ReplyDeleteHi John, a beautiful card, love colours to remind us Spring is on it's way. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeletePretty card today, I love the spring colours.
I missed your post yesterday, I was poorly all day, feeling a bit better today thankfully.
Could do without babysitting grandchildren today, but their parents have to work.
Hope you are enjoying your visit to Frankfurt.
Maggie
Morning John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful spring card.Love it.
Jan
Morning John
ReplyDeleteLovely card today, I have not seen it before.
Hope Frankfurt was a huge success.
Love and crafty hugs to all,
Tina T xxxxx
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, Really gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and such pretty colours.
Chris xx
Good morning John, oh what a smashing card to greet us on this wet and dismal morning, talk about bring a ray of sunshine into our lives, you certainly have. Love the way you picked up the excess with the ribbon to make it colour match too. Another one to add to my list.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Good Morning John wow that is truly fabulous just want I needed on a cold wet drizzly Monday Morning. I love the colour its so full of sunshine and hope. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. Love the way you've made a border. I've used that die to make a background, but must try the border. I had a go with pixie powders this weekend. Not sure I got it right - must practise more!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous I love playing with PP's
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love the cheerful colours.
B xx
Hi John. This is such a pretty card. I love the way you can get such variation in tones of the same colours with pixie powders which adds so much more interest than using just coloured card. This technique even works for the bow.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
What a gorgeous card, John. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Doesn't matter if you have shared it before John, it is gorgeous, lovely colours, so very spring like and an elegant design, Kate x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove your card, such a pretty design.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNo, you hadn't shared this before 😉. Gorgeous summery shades to warm a dull day and a terrific design too.
Ang x
Beautiful card and colours.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John what a lovely fresh spring card for this dull day love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteOh yes John spring is just around corner that's what this card saying love it
ReplyDeleteThank you love June horrocks xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletepositively singing to me, this card is. BEAUTIFUL.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John
ReplyDeleteI love this very pretty and spring like card, in fact I think it's stunning!
June x
What a lovely colour and design John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Stunning John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteThis imho is absolutely stunning. I love the fresh spring yellow theme colour and everything else about it. I do not have Tahiti yet but that and the border, tag & corner dies from this set are hopefully what I will be able to afford at the end of next month. There are so many dies I need to complete sets (only have one in the Indian Ocean set so far), and now Sue has bought out a new set - I keep trying not to look or at least to not like them but its impossible lol.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Helen xx
Oh I just love everything about this card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Oh I just love everything about this card John.
ReplyDeleteLove Valxxx
Wow John what a fabulous card, and for someone who is not usually a yellow person, I love this the colour is so pretty and the whole design just brilliant.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John this card is so pretty & spring like with the lovely yellow shades I love the taxi to die it's on my ever increasing wishlist!
ReplyDeleteHi John, such a pretty card today. Love hiw you use the edger dies.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I would have remembered this card if I had seen it before, it's gorgeous, love the colours. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHaven't seen this card before John. It is beautiful. Have the dies or similar so must give it a go. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLovely card today. It reminds me of the daffodils that bloom in the Spring. It's been a long winter. Surely Spring is around the corner! Wishing you a blessed week.
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card in beautiful bright colours having its first airing today. Thank you John. Craft Owl by the Sea, north Norfolk
ReplyDeletegorgeous card john xx i love the colour of this xx a very cheery colour xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card john x really pretty dies and colours x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it and the dies are amazing. I haven't seen it before. Did you ever find out what happened to your pictures? Enjoy the rest of your time in Frankfurt. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteJohn this is so stunning, i love the beautiful
ReplyDeletecolours form the pixie powder background.
Another beautiful card to brighten the day with thoughts of spring.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh what a very gorgeous card and it's really a very pretty colour and design too.
Love the pixie powder background too.
I have just used pixie pwders and gilding polish on bubble wrap and it came out really lovely.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hello John,
ReplyDeletePhotos may disappear but we shall remain! Lol!
Lovely card! Thank you.
Love Myra
Gorgeous card :)
ReplyDelete