Happy Sunday,
I'm hoping that this card isn't a taste of things to come with snowflakes everywhere! however I did think they are appropriate for a February birthday as the chances are usually pretty high!
I started by spreading polar white sparkle texture paste through the snowflake flurry mask onto acetate ( yes I do seem to have used a lot of acetate so far this year). I waited for this to dry and then cut an oval aperture using some of the Creative Expressions festive dies. I added a thin border around to neaten the edges made using more ovals from the festive die range.
I added this to a frame cut in coconut white with the double pierced squares range of dies by creative Expressions. I then foam mounted this onto a cobalt piece which I had spread more of the polar white sparkle texture paste this time through the wavy mask. This, to me, creates a really pleasing background of the different patterns in white over the blue.
I added the sentiment from my winters child clear stamp set stamped onto a layer of the pierced flags die cut. I made up a flower in felt ( sorry Mrs D) using the classic folder flower die and added this with a black and natural jute bow.
Finally I added a couple of stick pins I had made and added the spray to the side of the card. a few layers, well I do like my layers, and card finished.
To see what the rest of the design team have come up with this week or month then click HERE
Enjoy...
Stunning card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, a beautiful card and very appropriate for Scotland we had snow yesterday not a lot but a bit off a flurry.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a nice bright card.
take care Kitty.
Hi John. Although I've not been commenting of late having had an operatoion which has affected my typing hand, I have been looking and admiring every day. Your talent knows no bounds John and ths card is no exception. Absolutely stunning and would be great for a male card minus the flowers.
ReplyDeleteLove Val in Spain x
love card ,think I need to get the wavy stebcil
ReplyDeletelove card ,think I need to get the wavy stebcil
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteManaged to get the wavy stencil and it arrived yesterday! It snowed here in Sheffield last night but it has gone this morning -great I've got to drive for work!
Lovely card and have a great day!
Anne M xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the techniques you have used.
Whenever I try to die cut through acetate it doesn't work, I have got some of the heat resistant acetate I'm hope it will be bette to use. I heard you say you use the heat resistant acetate.
Have a great day
Maggir
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really beautiful card, I love the large gold gems on your stick pins.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. I must use more acetate it is so versatile. I hope you are having a wonderful time in Frankfurt. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, .I love this card .You seem to get it just right stunning.Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card, the background is brilliant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, sorry a bit late this morning. I so like todays card, I love working with acetate so you are onto a winner with me, it adds real dimension to cards, add postage so I tend to make them for give away rather then posted ones. I am going to have to invest in the snowflake flurry mask as I don't have that one.
ReplyDeleteBy the way at craft club last Wednesday we did your other card using the February sentiment like this one, - it was in periwinkle blue with the oval cut out using the snowflake lattice die, I so enjoyed doing this and so did the other members of the class, I went round cutting it the wrong way but amended it easily, so know what I did wrong for next time, it really does look lovely so I am in favour of the snowflakes for the winter cards too. Oh dear am I waffling again..................don't answer that. hehe!!!
Anyway my breakfast is now ready so catch you later.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Stunning effect John looks great, xxx
ReplyDeleteLove this card John, classy!!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Good morning John, I love it. It's gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first saw this I think it was one of Sues cards or it could have been yours. I thought the stencil was a die!!!
I know loopy!!! Acetate looks fabulous but I don't think it would work die cutting it. I know vellum or parchment works and looks beautiful!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, A gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, I think the card is stunning and so right for a Feb birthday. It is cold or snowy on my birthday every year without fail! Doesn't acetate and texture paste give a fab result. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteI do like the wavy mask - I think I might have to invest. Love the card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, this card is superb, love the sparkle texture paste on the acetate and card. I do hope we do not get heavy snow. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card. I do like this wavy stencil.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Good morning John. Wow! A real stunner today. Now my acetates have arrived, I must experiment.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteReally stunning.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
Lydia
X
Hi John. Don't know what it is about the wavy mask, but I love all cards made using it. I love the colours you have used. SueL x
ReplyDeleteClassy card. We had a little snow here in North Derbyshire yesterday, but glad to say it didn't hang around.
ReplyDeleteI love the overlay of acetate. It's very effective. I recently bought some acetate to try some of your techniques. But today I am going to have a go at my very first shaker card!
ReplyDeleteClassy card John, lovely .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today, genius idea with using the texture pastevon Acetate as you could have a load made up ready to use on any card base, that way you could have one afternoon of 'messy crafting' and have a load of fabulous back grounds made up in advance!
That Wavy mask is fabulous, I managed to get it at last, as it was so popular it seemed to be sold out everywhere!!
Have a lovely day everyone!
Hugs
Sandra xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI sincerely hope we will be snow-free until next "winter", albeit seasons as we knew them have definitely disappeared with climate change well and truly on the way. My clematis is in full bloom, my penstemon have never stopped flowering all through Nov/Dec/Jan., and when I look out of the kitchen window my beautiful peach rose has not stopped flowering (albeit only one or two blooms now). Enough of that, back to toays FAB card. I love it (and yes, you've used loads of acetate this year - I'm not sorry for that at all.
Have a good Sunday,
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card John, but do hope we do not see any more snow this year.
ReplyDeleteLove the way you have used the acetate to add another dimension to the card.
Wendyx
A super card John, no snow down here either please, not a fan myself.....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card and colours, love the wavy mask.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hello John
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card today and loving the dark colour with white.
This colour combo would be great for a man's card.....minus the flowers!
I love the stick pins you have made, they really compliment the rest of the card.
Lol Barbara W xx
What a very pretty card John, it could be something to do with the fact that it is blue and white! I love how pretty the snowflakes look when placed over the blue and white waves.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Love this card John. Must look for that wavy mask.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful layering with the acetate. You have obviously had more success die cutting your acetate than I have.
Marvellous card!
Ang x
Beautiful card John, that wavy mask is so popular and leaves a makes a gorgeous background.
ReplyDelete