Well I do like to mix things up a bit so this weeks something different is an MDF tag. I did this piece for a workshop with Gloria and the lovely ladies of Diss. I started by covering one of the CE MDF Tags in white crackle decoupage paper from Craft Consortium using Cosmic Shimmer Matt glue and seal. I didn't seal over the top as with these papers you don't need to, if using other brands of Decoupage paper you may need to add a seal over the top so that the stamping and embossing has a surface to cling to.
Next I stamped the Mondays Child poem form my clear stamp set of the same name, onto the tag using perfect medium and heat set it using CS detail white embossing powder. I then stamped the snowflakes and stars from my snowdrops set in black archival around the left hand side. I added dots of cosmic white dimensional PVA on some of the snowflakes and stars to add texture.
A little dark but in real life there is a soft white and silver shine, honest!
Ingredients:
Card Size: Tag
Colours: White, Black & Silver
Stamps: JL Mondays child & Snowdrop elements
Embossing:Detail white embossing powder
Inks: Perfect Medium, CS True White detail embossing powder
Embellishments: None
Enjoy...
For any of my stamp sets please Click HERE
Morning John, this is a gorgeous tag and really love these stamps.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Stunning ...love this one
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, I saw you doing the papers and MDF on Hochanda and really enjoyed it, I have done some of this before and liked it, very therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
lovely tag
ReplyDeleteHi JOhn,
ReplyDeleteLove this tag from your show on Hochanda. Nice to hear hoe it was made. Lovely tag for any gift.
Anne M xxx
A pretty tag John, but I'm not going into MDF! I've got enough stash.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John, I saw this on TV and loved it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, What a fabulous tag this is !! I especially love the crackle paper you have used, so realistic.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely tag, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is gorgeous I would love to see it in the flesh. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John ,love this tag it is stunning. I really like your stamps.Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful, the embossed text looks as though it is stamped on glass, it really stands out.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great tag, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely, such a great idea.
:-)
Lorna D
This is lovely, John, but like Jan MDF is something I don't do!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteTruly lovely and stylish piece of decor.
Looks terrific.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John, lovely idea and its different, I like that. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely idea and its different, I like that. Luv jxxx
ReplyDeleteNice idea love the crackle.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John, this MDF project is fab, love the very vintage, monotone colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this tag, it's great.
I love all your stamps, having trouble where to store them now as I have pretty much most of them now lol.
Have a great day
Maggie
Morning John, have not used MDF but will really have to have a try as this is a lovely tag.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Nice to see something different. It is a lovely tag. Agree with the reluctance of some others to go down the MDF route, space being optimum amongst other reasons!!!! I can say from experience though using decoupage paper and different paints on MDF is great fun.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely project, would love to have a go at mdf, but haven't got the energy for card making at the minute but I'll get there one day I hope.
Hugs
Linda xx
Hi John. This is such a pretty tag and perfect for a cold wintery day like this morning, although it does seem to be brightening up this afternoon. It is nice to see that the PVA glue dots work on the decoupage papers as I have tried them on pearl and satin card before and they don't hold their shape and flatten out as they dry. There must be enough texture on the papers for them to hold on to. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John the tag is so very pretty and would make a wonderful keepsake gift.
ReplyDeleteAnd the brilliant thing is that it doesn't sound as fiddly or difficult as it looks which is perfect for me lol
Hello John
ReplyDeleteThe tag is beautiful and perfect for a February/March birthday.
I know we are not having a proper winter ...........yet..........but this reminds me of a snowy winters day.
Lol Barbara W xx
fab project ,looks great,Laura O
ReplyDeleteWell my previous comments seems to have disappeared. Wonderful project John. But I think it would be way beyond my comfort zone.
ReplyDeleteLike this idea John and I do like working with MDF. will give it a try.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWould look lovely on any mantlepiece, a great design :-)
T x
Stunning tag
ReplyDeleteCarol