Happy Monday,
I have had a few questions about The Creative ExpressionsBearded Pansy die designed by Sue Wilson and how to use it. I was asked a few times at my demo at the Newbury paper show on Saturday so I made these flowers to demonstrate how they can look. I thought it would be nice to work these into a card and so this is what I came up with.
I stated by using Indigo Mist and Lilac Whisper colour cloud to make a Bokah background using the mini smoothies to make circles of the colours over a piece of white card. Next I placed the outline die over this piece and taped them down to places where the colours seemed to fit. After cutting I cut the outline and the detail, die from Coconut White foundation card and shaded through the dies using the same 2 colours to give the effect of the shaded petals as shown. Next I simply glued these together to give the white outlines and the shade petals.
I then stamped the orange blossom leaves stamps to die for in indigo mist colour cloud and cut them out with the matching die. I then shaded the foliage with the lilac whisper colour cloud then shaped the leaves.
To make up the card I cut the background die from the Cathedral background die and cut this in the middle. I then adhered each piece to a square of wisteria foundation card to make a square. I stamped the sentiment from my Mondays child clear stamp set, in blue violet archival ink onto coconut white card. I cut this out using the decorative frames form the Italian collection. I shaded through the die, and round the sentiment, using more of the lilac whisper and mounted this onto a circle of wisteria card. I then arranged the pansies around the bottom left of this frame adding the foliage which I had cut into sprigs so that I could tuck these between the flowers.
I made up the card using wisteria and coconut white card using the double pierced squares. I embossed the back panel, whilst in the die, with the leafy quad embossing folder and added pearl moon gilding wax to add some shine.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 21 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Wisteria Foundation card
Dies: Italian decorative Frames, Bearded Pansies, Orange Blossom, Leaves, Cathedral Background, Double Pierced Squares
Stamps: JL Mondays Child
Embossing: Leafy Quad
Inks: CS Colour Cloud blending Ink - Lilac Whisper & Indigo Mist, Blue Violet Archival Ink.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card. Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI have sruggled with this die too. I watched Sue do something with it on tv and I love your technique too. Very useful . Thanks
Anne M xxx
Morning John, a beautiful card and love the colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card, love the pansies. Your bokah technique is brilliant, something I shall certainly be using not just once.
Hugs, Rose
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I saw you making these pansies on Saturday they are very pretty. That is another die set for my wish list. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card today, I was wondering how to do the pansies, thank you for explaining it all to us.
Have a great day.
Maggie
Morning John, hope you are feeling better. What a beautiful display of pansies, the way you have used the colouring for them is stunning, you can almost smell the perfume coming off of them. I like the way you have also made this card using the Cathedral background die and the Monday's child stamps, really beautiful.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card just lovely .
Elaine H X
Very pretty
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. The pansies look so pretty.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
pansies or poppies always a winner for me ,beautiful card
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI hope you have managedto get rid of that cough and cold that you have been suffering with!
Love the colours you have used on today's card, those bearded pansies look quite realistic!!
Thanks for the inspiration,
Hugs
Sandra xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe pansies are gorgeous, what a clever idea to Bokeh them.
B xx
Hi John your card is out standing. Thank you for explaining it all to us. Glad to be back had no internet.Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteThe pansies look great on that background, John. A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI Love Your Tremendous Card I Love The Fabulous Flower Die, And The Colour Palette You've Have Used.
When Watching Yourself On Hochanda You Came Up With Some Truly Terrific Tips And Techniques One Which I Will Deffinately Use Is Where You Cut A Square Die With Pierced Dots Around The Edges But Not All The Dots Came Quite Through So You Turned Your Card Over And Used The End Of Your Tweezers To Clear The Rest.
It Was A Great Tip And One I'll Deffinately Be Using, I Also Like How You Use Low Tack Tape As Two Handles To Pick Up Your Centre Die To Get In Correct Position, Before Doing This I Would Take Ages Hovering Around Making Sure It Was In Correct Position Thank You John For Your Great Tips And Techniques Long May They Continue And Thank You So Very Much For Sharing.......
Hugs From Sam xxx
🎨✂️ Carry On Creating 🎨✂️
Morning John, This card is stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
It's Me Again
ReplyDeleteI Don't Know Why The Question Marks Appear Next To My Scissors Very Strange!!!!!!!!!
Hugs From Sam xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA great card, love the soft colours.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the way that you have made the pansies, great idea and love the colours, very pretty.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I love what you've done with the cathedral die.
Hugs
Linda xx
Beautiful card today. My colours. Will have to think seriously about these dies etc., they look gorgeous. Thank you for the clear instructions.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card. It's useful to have some flowers that aren't quite so dimensional - makes the cards easier to post.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty die John and the colours you have chosen really bring the flowers to life, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a very pretty card for today. I love the way the cathedral die cut looks when cut down to fit into a square shape. I never really think of using this technique often enough. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi john, another gorgeous card today and I love those colours and the whole layout.
ReplyDeleteAnd those pansies are ever so pretty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat explanation of how you coloured the pansies. The suit the colour of the card so well, a lovely card, nice to see the Italian dies again!
Hugs, T x
Hi John I was wondering how you would use these dies so it is really great to see how you have used them and created such a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Thanks for the tutorial on that John, I cut these out in two colours, but they looked a bit dead pan, this idea looks so much better, will give it a try....lovely card...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card, love the colours
ReplyDeleteTeresa
John I'm loving this set of stamps after seeing your demo at Newbury show and drove over to art of craft today but they are sold out so will order on Inky Fingers .. I need this stamp now ...... Craftyjo
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of the pansy die I'm afraid although you have made them look quite realistic.
Night night.
Ang x