Isn't it funny how time flies its the second Sunday of January already! Firstly than to all the lovely people who attended Julia's big sale and Demo yesterday I think we all had a fab time!
Well as its the second Sunday its my Design Team inspiration for Creative Expressions and this month we are using our own choice from the goodies we played with form last year. I have chosen my favourite Lisbon die along with matching stamps for today's card. As I am sure you all know by now I have a little soft spot for the Striplets so there had to be one of those thrown in for good luck!
I starred by stamping the Floribunda stamp to die for in jet black archival ink. I then signed the sentiment form my Camellia clear set in watering can ( a soft grey). I then shaded the flowers using a combination of Distress Markers in Worn Lipstick and Victorian Velvet. The foliage was coloured using shabby shutters. I drew around the outlines then using a water brush pulled the colour from the edges to give the shaded appearance.
Next I cut the stamped image using the outline die from the Lisbon die set ( hence stamp to Die for) I ran around the edge of the stamped image using the worn lipstick again using the water brush.
For the background I cut the eternal rings triplet down one side of a square of baby pink yardstick and then moved the die along slotting the edge of the die back into the cut edge. I continued this until I had a full square of the eternal ring I then added a 5mm white stick on pearl at each junction.
Next I adhered this onto a larger square of coconut white foundation card followed by a layer of black to balance the stamped image.
Finally I added a bow of thin double sided satin ribbon in Blush with a small pearl embellishment in the centre and a couple of white pearl stick pins.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 21 cm
Colours: Baby Pink, Black & Coconut white
Dies:Eternal Rings Striplet, Lisbon Die Set
Inks: Jet Black archival, worn lipstick, shabby shutters & Victorian Velvet distress markers & CS waterbrush
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card you have created, love how you have used the striplet for the trellis.
Loved your box from yesterday and your card from Friday, sorry have not been on the PC as I had done my back in but its now on the mend hopefully lol!
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Morning John, sounds like you had a great time yesterday, I only wish I could have got there but it was not to be.
ReplyDeleteLoving today's card especially the striplet trellis work, it looks wonderful and you cannot even see the join haha!!
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteanother brilliant card Thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
very pretty card ,lovely colours
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove that background. You really have a way with those striplets!
Will be using this one - it is so pretty. I use your frame effect with other striplets but never seem to get a full background done. Will be playing tonight!
Anne M xxx
What a sweet card - love your colours and the wonderful die cut background
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Good morning John. What a lovely card and such patience with all those pearls!
ReplyDeleteYesterday was good fun with some worthwhile purchases. It was such a pleasure to see all of Julia's and your cards for real as they look so stunning - to be able to see all the detail and intricacy was a treat. The demos were great and I shall have a go at the paper piecing you showed today, all being well. Thank you for the tips and Anne and I are looking forward to getting details of your CE workshops which we are hoping to do.
Have a good day.
Jan
Northampton
Morning John, what a stunning card today x
ReplyDeleteHi John Wow truly a happy Sunday. Just love todays card.Gloria (Sidcup xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I didn't realise that you'd used a striplet for the background, so clever.
B xx
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love everything about it. I love the background you have created it is never so neat when I use my dies like this. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a gorgeous card today I love the background and the colours you have used.
Well I'm a bit poorer today I bought the two sets of square noble dies yesterday. I am hoping to start using them today.
Have a great Sunday and thanks for sharing this card with us, you are a great inspiration.
Maggie
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Oh John, i have a soft spot for the striplet too , your card shows how versatile these dies can be , what a cracking card ? just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Lovely card. Nice use of the striplet die. Must try this effect with the striplets I do have.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Morning John, what a gorgeous card just goes to show how versatile the striplet dies are.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I love the striplet dies and this one is a favourite.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteNice to see a pink card, love it. I too love striplets so many ways to use them.
Lydia
X
A great card John I love the soft colours and the use of the striplet die xx
ReplyDeleteIt was great yesterday morning. I'm really looking forward to playing with my new goodies.
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely card. The striplets are so versatile.
Hope to see you soon at a workshop
Anne (Northampton)
Beautiful card, love the colours and the stamp. The background strip let looks complicated but I think I will have to try it, it looks so effective.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card I love the background I will need to refresh my memory on how to run the die through the GC Sounds like you had fun yesterday.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this card is beautiful. I love using the eternal rings striplet to make backgrounds. The colours are really lovely on the stamping. Glad you had a good day yesterday. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, adore the background
ReplyDeleteBrilliant John and a fab way of using the striplet, will have to try this, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, cheery card for this wet Sunday morning, you really brighten a day!!
:-)
Lorna D
Good morning John, blooming gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, and doesn't the eternal rings look different cut this way. I have a few birthday cards to do so will have a go. Love the stamp as well. I'm glad you both had a great day yesterday.
This is a gorgeous card John. Love how you have created the background with the striplet, really must try get this one. Beautiful work.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, you've created another stunner.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Lovely card and you are so talented John
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs pen
Morning John, A stunning card !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, beautiful card love the way you have used the striplet to create a background, and a lovely colour choice.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card today John, I really love it.
ReplyDeleteI didn't get very far with playing yesterday as I had forgotten just how many new dies I have. Was hoping to do more today but the cold has decided to make it's presence felt properly so sofa for me instead.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Lovely John.
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time yesterday with Julia. Would have loved to attend, but sadly not able to.
I love todays card and the stamp is amazing. I love the method used to colour it and am going to give this a go as I love shabby chic watercolour images.
The background is a great use of the striplets. I have tried this with my striplet dies and love the look.
The use of thin ribbon is something I have taken to since seeing you use it. I think it gives a very delicate look to any card........so thanks for the inspiration.
Lol Barbara W xx
beautiful card again John. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card, my colours....thanks for sharing John...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card, my colours....thanks for sharing John...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John very pretty stamp and a super background love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, gorgeous card today! The striplet makes a great background. It's lovely to see some of my favourite dies appearing on the CE blogs again. Best wishes, Anne O
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful John, I love the colour pallet and the floral image is gorgeous fabulous colouring too, Kate x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, I love it all.
ReplyDeleteFrom the stamps, dies and even the colours are so very pretty.
this is a stunning die and the resulting card is stunning too ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAlways love a Striplet and your card uses this one perfectly.
Very pretty in pink.
Ang x
How beautiful, I love the way you have used the striplet & the colour is so pretty. Pat x
ReplyDeleteBeautifully designed. Great use of striplet for a fabulous background. The pearl embellishing on that rocks! Pretty color and finishing bow spray!
ReplyDelete