well the gang get thrown out of Hochanda tonight at 8pm so today is the last chance to see us takeover the channel! Today I will be working with a fabulous range of masks and this also coincides with todays DT inspiration for Creative Expressions design team how lucky is that?
I will be demoing lots of different techniques with masks such as todays sparkle texture paste on acetate so tune in at 2pm to see how this technique is achieved. I have also prepped a couple of demo cards so as well as showing lots of different things to do with make I will still be trying to finish some cards. I hacv come up with a new ( well to me anyway) technique using masks, acetate and texture paste so that should be fun hope it works!
Back to today's DT project and I made this especially s I have daffodils blooming o my kitchen windowsil ( in a planter of course) that I have grown from blue. This card reminds me of the view out the window as the daffodils are blooming as the snow is falling!
I started by stamping the main element from my daffodil elements clear stamp set for Creative Expressions in perfect medium onto acetate. I then heat embossed the image using cosmic Shimmer detail what embossing powder. I then rubbed lemon meringue colour cloud over the top and rubbed off the excess so there is just a hint of yellow.
For the bakcground I spears polar white sparkle texture paste through the snowflake flurry mask onto acetate and arranged this behind the daffodils. I placed this image behind a frame of coconut white foundation card made with the double pierced rectangles and added a strip and bow of ribbon before finally adding a tag stamped with my pierced tags clear stamp set and the with love sentiment.
To see what other stunning inspiration the design team have come up with this week, or this month so far, click HERE.
Enjoy....
Love this one
ReplyDeleteCarol
It's beautiful John x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Brrr it is cold today, got a little flurry of snow, nothing much, so if you are out then take care. I am so looking forward to seeing the new techniques for the acetate, so see you at 2pm. Ihave been up since 3 this morning and have just been watching Lisa, Julia and Phill on their repeats. I am so pleased because yesterday all I kept getting was buffeting on my PC screen, I did email Hochanda and they were very good and come back to me straight away and said it was with the WEB and IT team, what service is that.
ReplyDeleteYou must all be knackered but for me personally I am thoroughly enjoying the programmes this weekend.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteExcellent card, some interesting techniques.
B xx
Lovely card. Enjoyed watching you put the box together yesterday. Have a good day today.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous card, loving the shows, looking forward to today's offerings!
Love Janet X
From Wakefield
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John. What a lovely card. Your shows were excellent yesterday. I had a go at the technique you showed at 9am with die cutting and embossing - pleased with the result, so thanks. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing with masks.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Loving the shows with all the tips, John. We've woken up to 2" of snow this morning so I'm not going anywhere!!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I have not used texture paste much I will be watching for inspiration. It seems like you are all having so much fun. Take care in the snow. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card you are right snowflakes and daffs together what next. Glad you are all having a good time.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous card, and we have snow hope it goes soon, have to go out
ReplyDeleteHi John, this card is great. Looking forward todays shows. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, lovely card today!!! Loving the shows!!!
ReplyDeleteWe've got snow too, so be careful out there!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Nice card again John, looking forward to seeing you demo the Masks , we have snow too so staying put and crafting.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Spending the day in the warm catching up on your shows. Looking forward to seeing your mask demoes. Hope the snow has gone so you all get back home safely tonight. SueL x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, A gorgeous card, and I'm loving your shows.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, shows have been great.
Lydia
X
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteInspired use of the acetate matey. Its like you have built up layers of scenery.
The shows have been super so far but I'm really looking forward to the mask ones.
We've got snow so guessing you have so drive carefully if you were at home last night.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, really love this one. Take care
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love the scene from the window look.
Looking forward to seeing you today on hochanda.
Thanks for all the inspiration,
Heather
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I love the way you have used the acetate. I'm
Hoping to watch your shows today, if not they are taping so I can watch them later.
I'm hoping to see how you did this card.
Snow here today as well our Grandsons have been out in our garden they love it. Wonderful to see them enjoying the snow, first time the youngest has been playing in it.
Enjoy your last day of taking over Hichanda.
Maggie
Good morning John very pretty design. Drive carefully, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWow wow wow just love this card .... fantastic shows.
ReplyDeletecrafty hugs Pen x
Hello John
ReplyDeleteReally loving the 'takeover' shows as they give loads of inspiration.
Love this card and will be tuning in to find out how to do it. (Your instructions above are good, but nothing like seeing it done in the flesh!)
Lol Barbara W xx
You have used yellow and I still think today's card is stunning. I have recently acquired some white sparkle texture paste so might try something like this once I have got back into crafting. I do plan to do the four striplet frame with colour cloud background that you have shown us so well.
ReplyDeleteEnjoying all the shows, I have not bought anything despite some of the amazing prices (some are not so great) because I already have loads so don't want to buy more that will just gather dust. What I mean is that I need to carefully consider what I spend my money on. I was going to get the ink storage but I still have two birthday presents to come so scared to buy anything.
Happy crafting everyone.
Wishing good things to all xxx
What a very effective card today John. At first glance I thought the daffodils along the bottom were a die cut until I read the description. I always forget that you can use acetate to stamp on. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John.
ReplyDeletelove the card. Framed windows is so nice on
a card and I like your view :)
Maria x
Such a pretty card John, classy too!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying the shows,
XxxRuth
Wow John this is amazing what a great effect and such a fantastic card, Have seen some of the shows and they are really great.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card John.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John Now this one does not hint at Christmas at all I am so lolling forward to your 1pm show because I need to get more out if the masks I already own as well as look at getting more!
ReplyDelete