Happy Friday,
Don't forget Im back on Hochanda today at 9am, 12pm, 4pm and last chance at 7pm. Today's card, which in my opinion has a really regal feel to it, is one of today's demo cards so tune in to see how I have done this one!
The background is stamped onto acetate in black archival using my daffodil Burst triplet stamp. I then used red blaze and Egyptian gold gilding flakes on the background to create the swirl. The glazed tile effect is made by stamping the glazed tile stamp to die for in red blaze gilding flakes and cutting it out with the matching Kefalonia die.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 21 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Black Foundation card
Dies: Kefalonia, Trailing Ivy, Bevelled Glass striplet,
Stamps: JL Daffodil Burst
Embossing: None
Inks: CS Flake & Glitter Glue
To see how this card was made tune in I will however do a tutorial on this card later in the month as I have a couple of cards in my mind that will use this technique.
Enjoy...
Stunning card John. Wish I could watch the shows. Boohoo! X
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, saw your show last night fab demo!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely card today!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteGreat show, lovely card Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely luxurious card
I will be at the Newbury craft show tomorrow, looking forward to seeing you there
Pat
Good morning John. The demo for yesterday's card was great and looking forward to seeing how today's is made. It's stunning.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI agree, very regal card today, caught you show last night, it was fabulous as always, full of hints and tips!
Looking forward to today's shows too!
Thanks for the inspiration,
Hugs
Sandra
Xxxxx
Morning John, do you know that every day when I log onto your blog I am amazed at the wonderful creations you come up with, today's is a very striking card with very strong colours, I look forward to seeing this and others being made on Hochanda today.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow I love this card, the colours are stunning as well.
I am taping all your shows, won't be able to watch any until later,
Enjoy your day at Hochanda
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery opulent. You wouldn't miss that one on the mantle piece!
Enjoyed last night and will be watching today!
Anne M xxx
Lovely card, very rich looking & opulent.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the beautiful background and how everything shines. I am hoping to watch some of your shows later. I hope it all goes well. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card ,i so like the style and color.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Superb card superb card John, loved it when you showed it last night , great show!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Hi John,
ReplyDelete"Truly Tremendous" Card Its Not Just "Rich Its Opulent, Elegant" Just So Very Stunning I So Love This Card, I Saw It Very Quickly When You Shared It With Us On Last Nights Show, I'm So Looking Forward To The Rest Of Today's Show's I've Got Them All Down To Tape And To Watch, So I Don't Miss Out On Anything,
My Computer With The Shows On Will Be Playing While I'm Crafting In My Craft Room, That's Why I Tape The Show's Also.
Just In Case I Miss Anything Whilst I'm Crafting.
Have A Great Day
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️🎨 Carry On Creating ✂️🎨
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card, can't wait to see how you did it.
B xx
Very elegant card
ReplyDeleteCarol
I wondered how you had made this when you showed this on screen last night. Someone above used the word 'opulent' and this certainly sums up this lovely card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Morning John, Very regal indeed, I love it !! I must watch how you did this.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Just watching last night's show. How good to see some of the older dies. Love todays card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very rich card, love gilding flakes.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery decadent!!
Love the gilding flakes, it makes for a very sumptuous card.
:-)
Lorna
Good morning John very elegant card with gilding flakes you get such depth of colour live from Jackie xx
ReplyDeletehi John
ReplyDeleteAs you say a very regal looking card today. Might get to play with mine one day.
Lovely card John .now off to watch the 9 am show that's just finished recording
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a very opulent card today just flying home from Tenerife today so won't catch your shows but hopefully they will be repeated during the night I will check when I get home.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful card, loved the show last night, will be watching again today
ReplyDeleteThat's the card for me. It's GORGEOUS. I fell in love with it when I saw it on the show
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteDid a sharp intake of breath when I saw this beauty on Hotjohnda last night. Very regal indeed in all its gilded splendour (made mine look very tame lol!)
Look forward to seeing how you did yours..........a good excuse to stay indoors with coffee and toast!
Ang x
Hope you have a good day - I am recording the shows so that I can watch in peace !!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lovely card instructions
Sue Mac
Beautiful card. Great to see you back on the screen again. I bet you have a put up bed in the corner of the studio and a great floor drobe lol. Joking apart you are one of the best demonstrators to watch. So calm and very informative. And we see it without bias real life. Please take care. Lots of hot honey and lemon drinks.
ReplyDeleteDonna
Beautiful card today. Have missed the shows as they keep going off and no better on the iPad. Will try again at 4pm. For done reason yesterday and didn't get any post from Creative Expressions team. Didn't go into junk so no idea what happened but can see yesterday's cards now and they are both beautiful. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi John Beautiful card, really rich and a one you could slightly adapt for our male friends
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautifully rich card, love the gilding flakes.
Thanks for all the great inspiration,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteIMHO there's no such thing as too much gilding
- love it!
Hugs, T x
Lovely card, the colour is amazing....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Recording your shows but have watched a bit of one. Poor you, you sound like you should be tucked up warm at home, but you are doing brilliantly. Take care. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Very opulent
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card today John. I liked it when I saw it on TV but now I have seen it on the laptop it looks even better. I don't think we could see it properly on TV due to the glare from the studio lights. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, a beautiful and opulent card, love the layout. Can't watch the shows live as travelling away for work, so will catch up when I get back. Hope it all goes well. Bx
ReplyDeleteHello John, love the card today is fabulous darling x
ReplyDeleteWow gorgeous card and I love the rich colour.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see a demo of how you did this one
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow!! It is a regal looking card, I love!! love!! love!! it.
Hugs
Linda xx