I hope those of you who were able to catch Sue's shows on Hochanda at the weekend enjoyed them! I thought this week I would show some of the cards I have made using the dies that were the One Day Special. I thought I would strait with my favourite flower stamps to die for ( I have been waiting , ever since I drew these for Sue, for these too come out so that I can use them!)
I stared this card by stamping the three largest stamps in the set using CS flake and Glitter glue, once it had gone off ( I always leave this glue at least 5 - 10 minutes to key to the card) I added bronze polished silk glitter which gives a stamped image that literally glitters ( its better in real life) I then cut these out with the matching dies from the set , shaped them and placed a PVA pearl in the centre using Phill Martin's CS Frosted Mink.
I then covered the aperture in rose copper polished silk glitter. I repeated this again with the bronze and again with the rose copper to make the Skirt on the card of the different colours and layers. I added More of the frosted mink PVA on the layers and foam mounted all the layers together.
Next I cut the smallest of the pierced flags set. mounted it onto a scrap of Phill Martin's frosted Mink paper pack and stamped the sentiment form my Pierced flags clear stamp set for CE. I mounted this under the aperture and let the flag flow over the top.
I arranged the three flowers around the aperture and then mounted the card onto layers of Phill's mink paper and coconut white to make the finished card.
Long instructions but I hope you got the gist in case you want to make something similar.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 21 cm
Colours: Frosted Mink, Coconut white
Dies: Double pierced squares , Grace, Orange Blossom complete petals
Stamps: John Lockwood Pierced Flags clear stamps set
Cosmic Shimmer: Polished Silk Glitter Rose Copper & Bronze, Frosted Mink PVA dimensional glue
Enjoy...
Morning John, I am so pleased with today's card, it is really fantastic and I want to have a go at it, thanks for the instructions, I will copy them and if you give your permission will try and make my (our own) version of the card at my craft club that I run of a Wednesday morning, would of course give you all the credit, that is if it is OK with you. I like the way that the stamp has the edges of the petals coming down a bit in the middle of the tip, looks much more authentic to me.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning card today, I love it. Now I have to get the polished glitter you do tempt me to buy new stuff lol.
Back to babysitting duties for me this week, 3 days I have a break Wednesday and Thursday, which will give me time to try and finish the craft bags. I did make a start yesterday. I do have to make some birthday cards as well this week for my Great Niece and Great Nephew, so the January stamps will be used for them.
Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to spend more lol,
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card I missed sue at the weekend so it would be good to see some more of the cards sue did thank you tracyw
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another stunner so pretty.
Take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYour Card Today Is Truly Tremendous, And Like June Really Would Like To Have A Go At Making This, I Don't Think It Would Be As Excellent As Yours.
In Fact I Know It Wouldn't.
But With Your Brilliant Breakdown Of How You Made The Card I'll Have A Go And I'm Sure I'll Enjoy Trying.
John Thank You So Much For Sharing
Hugs From Sam xxx
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️
Stunning card, really gorgeous. Am going to watch Sue's shows tonight & tomorrow after work.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this card is lovely, the colours of the bottom layers are gorgeous. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteWhat an elegant and striking card John - love the die cuts with the coloured backgrounds. your flowers are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. Everything about it is beautiful. Did you make samples for Sue's shows? I did enjoy them. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteTerrific use of the Gemini. They just cry out for this sort of layering.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Stunning card, really gorgeous
ReplyDeleteMorning John, gorgeous card x
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous I've not tried a "petticoat" card and I think I got the gist of it
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, the flowers stamped really are pretty,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
The Design of your card is just beautiful ,the flowers just perfect , well done i love this card .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Really beautiful!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Good morning John. What a pretty card and love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
quite, simply, John, this is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteAnne
Morning John, a gorgeous card and love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, This card is stunning !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beutiful John, your stamps just bring the flowers to life, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John this card is outstanding. I have not tried the petticoat card. Your stamp is stunning .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, enjoyed Sues shows
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteSimply divine.
:-)
Lorna D
Fantastic card, back to normal now ..... I think .... now that the Christmas and New year is over.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Good morning John, what a stunner I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous card, I love the way that you layer the corvus die cuts and the flowers are so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John. Gorgeous card and I love the colours you have used. SueL x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteJust lovely, what a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteThank you John,
Sue Mac
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
Lydia
X
Beautiful card John. Like it very much.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card - love what you've done with the flowers.
Hugs, Rose
Smashing card John, love the stamps. It's so nice to have different stamps to go with each die set as it give such a different look to the flowers (and it's less expensive to buy a set of stamps)
ReplyDeleteWell done, Lisbeth
Lovely card John - the flower stamps are beautiful. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card today...love the layered look of the Gemini die.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
HinJohn
ReplyDeleteLive the layered look that you've used on this card. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hi John love the card especially the flowers and a great colour schem
ReplyDeleteWendyx
John, love this look. May have to borrow it for my daughter's wedding card. Thanks for all you do!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous, I am not usually a fan of lacy edged cards but I love this one
ReplyDeleteand you make it sound a lot easier than it looks.
I always love the colours you chose for your cards which is something I am not always good at.
Definately going to get the stamps as I love being able to stamp and then use the matching die on them.
I like the design of this card. My iPad does not, unfortunately, show the colours of the polished silk glitter very well so it is difficult for me to appreciate the colours. I have the flower dies and am thinking I need these matching stamps as they really are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hello and Happy New Year John!
ReplyDeleteI love this card! I really appreciate you listing all the ingredients at the bottom~ this is so helpful! I hope 2016 is a brilliant year for you! 😄
Fantastic card John, the whole look is very crisp. I love the stamped flowers.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to get back to crafting soon.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Really pretty John, love it.
ReplyDeleteHugs xxx
Fantastic card John, the whole look is very crisp. I love the stamped flowers.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping to get back to crafting soon.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the flowers on this one! Must buy that stamp. I'm not sure about the border so I will use another one but Sue has plenty to go at!
Anne M xx
Hi John, beautiful card. Love both colours used on the back of the borders and the stamped flowers. Love the added touch of the lovely mink pearls, along with the flowers and the tag. Thank you John xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDelete