Happy Friday,
I know quite a few of my blog family aren't too keen on simple Black and White however when it comes to Drama I don't think you can beat the original monochrome look! I really think that the stark colours on this show all the detail on some of the other flowers that are included with the Orange blossom flower dies as well as the matching stamps to die for!
I stared this card by cutting three of the back panels using the centre lattice and matching outline form the Lattice Window triplet die in coconut white. I then cut three of the black backing panels using just the outline die and stuck these together to give an almost leaded window look. To add depth I put Midnight PVA glue on each of the junctions and left these to dry for a couple of hours.
Next I stamped an array of the smaller flowers in the orange blossom stamps to die for in Jet Black archival ink onto coconut white foundation card and cut them out with the matching dies. I then stamped the matching Orange Blossom leaves in the same way and using the leaves set I cut these out as well ( you get 2 stamps in this set to match each of the leaves dies these have been designed by Sue to mirror each other)
I shaped the flowers using ball tool and my foam stamping mat. Next I cut the centres, that also come in the die set, in black card, shaped them and added these to the centres of the flowers with a 5mm stick on pearl in white in the very centre.
I foam mounted the three panels in the middle top of a piece of card cit with the pierced rectangles and embossed with the star swirls embossing folder. I then added a simple stamped pierced tags ( the smallest 'flag' in the set) with I stamped with the matching Happy Birthday form my pierced flags sentiment clear set. I then arranged the leaves, shaped of course lol, to one side and randomly added the flowers to create the scary across the left hand side.
I finished the card with frame made using sets A & B for the pierced rectangles and added a couple of layers of Black and white to frame the card.
A striking card that hopefully shows off the detail of the dies and the stamps...
Ingredients:
Card Size: 21 x 23.5 cm
Colours: Black & Coconut white
Dies: Double pierced Rectangles sets A & B, Orange Blossom Complete Petals, Lattice Window Striplet
Stamps: Orange Blossom & Orange Blossom Leaves stamps to die for
Cosmic Shimmer: Midnight PVA, Jet Black archival ink
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you this looks to me a religious card, suitable for, sympathy wedding or Christening, just change the colours. It is very nice Thank you. take care Kitty.
Beautiful card John!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the black and white theme and the dies thank you tracyw
Morning John, oh I like this one, black and white are always a great combination for me and this one is no exception, I love the stained glass window effect that you got with the striplet die, looks so effective as well as the flowers and the flag tag, wonderful - see you have done it again.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove the card and your techniques are so inspiring. For me, though, I would have used a different colour rather than black because I can't stop thinking this could be used as a sympathy card - sorry
Pat x
Beautiful card John the black isn't overpowering ,if you had swaped the colours around I don't think I would I would have liked it
ReplyDeleteThis is really dramatic, love your work.
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Good morning John, wow this card is just something else!!!
ReplyDeleteI love monochrome it's just gorgeous!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, I think black and white is a very striking combo, and this card is fabulous. Love the Lattice striplet, one of the many on my wish list. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDelete"WOW" I Love Your "Tremendous Card" Today I So Love Black And White Together It's So Stunning, I've Just Recently Purchased These Dies, But Not Used To Make Up A Card As Yet.
John Thank You For Sharing I Really Appreciate It.
Hugs From Sam xxx
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️
Lovely card, very striking. This design could be used for so many occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis is a stunning card. I would use this as a wedding card. I love the monochrome effect. Happy Friday! Anne o
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the monochrome look it is so dramatic. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. I love the lattice window die and the flowers are gorgeous. Stunningly beautiful card. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteHi John. What a lovely card you have for us today. I love the monochrome, so striking, it shoes off these beautiful dies. Take care x
ReplyDeleteThis is striking I love it! I can understand some would associate it as a Sympathy card but my first thought was "was cut the bottoms off the Striplet and it's a church - stunning Wedding card then!"
ReplyDeleteHi John ,I have fallen in love with this striplet die but had not thought to use the inner die this way great idea Thanks . Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA striking card. Good for a sympathy card, or wedding card for someone with a black
and white theme. Why do we call it monochrome when we have actually used two colours?
B xx
Beautiful card John, would make a lovely wedding card.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
I love the design of this card, but a bit too sombre for me. I would chose a different colour. It wouldn't do for everyone to have the same taste, that's what makes things interesting
ReplyDeleteLinda
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is stunning, I love it and the black and white is striking.
This is one striplet set that has gone to the top of my must have list, in fact if Cara has it in stock tomorrow it's mine. If it's not in stock I will order it along with a few other things lol.
Thank you so much for sharing this card with us, I will definitely try my version of this card when I get the die set.
Card making for me today, now I have finished the two large craft bags.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning!!!
They remind me of a Church window, so would be brilliant for a wedding card.
I for one love your colour choice (or lack of- Lol)
:-)
Lorna D
Such a stunning card, how could anyone not like it, it's beautiful
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Love the black and white.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, very striking.
Hugs, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove black and white. Gorgeous card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, This card is beautiful, I love monochrome, it is always classy and elegant. I especially love this one, the striplet lends itself (if cut straight at the bottom) to resemble a Church Window, and would be fabulous for a Religious card too.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I think you have the balance between the back and white spot on, very elegant.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Love monochrome and this card in particular, looks great xx
ReplyDeleteHi John you have just converted me to black and white cards, this is lovely will really have to try this
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Wow! Wow! Wow! Just love it John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John. I would have to agree with you. This card is truly dramatic. Love the floral spray too as it is so elegant.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI actually like this black and white card. Very dramatic looking.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove this its absolutely stunning... could see it being transformed in to a church window.
Terri
Afternoon John, another stunner today x
ReplyDeleteFab card John. I'm a definite black and white fan, I think it always looks classy.
ReplyDeleteHi John, as most followers have said, this would make a lovely sympathy card or wedding card. Love the black and white. Must get this die, its so versatile and will suit any colour.
ReplyDeleteHi, I love this card. It might look a bit dark sometimes
ReplyDeletebut I think this has a good mix, tfs.
Hope to see you tomorrow....
hugs Maria x
Beautiful card John the stamping of the flowers and leaves really makes a difference. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love black and white and that's a truly beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteA stunning card, love the use of black and white. Not sure I am ready to think out of the box yet to use the combination for a birthday card though. It would have to be the right person to give it to.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
I am one of those who don't usually like black & white
ReplyDeletebut I absolutely love this card and yes in the black & white.
I think you have converted me lol
I am going to have to get the dies and stamps to do the flowers now as they are gorgeous and I can just see all the beautiful colours I can do them in.
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWell I DO love black and white and think this card is absolutely stunning.
Love the stamps and dies you have used for the flowers and leaves.
Although I do not have the lattice window die.............well not yet!!...........I think I could use another striplet to replicate this card.
Lol Barbara W xx
Stunning John.
ReplyDeleteNancy xx
Hi John, what a gorgeous card it would make a lovely sympathy card as needs must.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, oh a treble wow! Stunning, just stunning! I love black and white! The first thing I thought of was church windows and how many uses and themes it would make. Different mix and match colours, wow, the ideas are endless! Thank you John xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteVary stylish John, I love monochrome. Pat x
ReplyDeleteStunning card John, I love the stamps and dies used.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to tomorrow's card.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLate again, apologies.
This really is remarkable. As a lot of folk have said, it immediately brings churchly occasions to mind...hatches, matches and dispatches as they say.
One of your best imho matey.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWell I love black and white and as you say it does show all the detail.
Lovely card!
Anne M xx
Really like this card in black and white John. It is stunning.
ReplyDeleteHi Teamie. This beautiful card is so striking in black and white (my fave). Great way to layout and use the cuts. Love it.
ReplyDelete