Happy Friday...
Something simpler today again however more striking in Black and White ( with a bit of silver) This was one of the samples for my Hochanda shows last week using one of my fave combinations of dies and matching stamps the Tuscany and the venetian spirals stamp.
I stamped the image using perfect medium onto vellum and heat set it with detail silver embossing powder. I cut the tuscany die in white using the second die in the set to make this into a frame. I then inset the vellum to this and added a shadow mat in black by cutting just the outline die in the set.
Net I stamped the camellia shaded stamps to die for again in perfect medium and silver detail embossing powder onto vellum. I cut these out with the matching die set, shaped them and added 2 of each size together with a black stick on pearl in the centre.
I added these around the bottom right with a double bow of black satin thin ribbon. I also used a scary of three smaller flowers after the sentiment stamped on the white layer of the card. A layer of black and a hand cut card blank and finished!
Enjoy...
Ingredients:
Card Size: 14 x 16cm
Colours: Coconut White, Black & vellum
Dies: Tuscany die set, camellia complete petals
Stamps: Venetian Spirals, shaded camellia stamps
Embossing:None
Inks: Perfect Medium, CS Silver Shine detail embossing powder
Embellishments: None
For any of my stamp sets please Click HERE for Julia Watts Crafts website
Wow John. That is stunning! Just love it. X
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fantastic card love it the stamp is gorgeous and the silver really makes it pop and the flowers are a must have. Missed your shows as I was on holiday managed to catch one that was repeated during the night sorry I missed this demo.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
I missed your show too as I was on holiday. Love this card and sorry to have missed the demo. I can think of several people that would suit a card like this. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the inspiration, a beautiful card.
Take care Kitty.
Good morning John, love monochrome it's my favourite!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLoved this on Hochanda but alas no money spare this month!
Hopefully soon. Love it though it's useful.
Anne M xxx
Morning John, stunning card x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, I did watch the demo and taped it so I can watch again.
Thanks for inspiring me
Maggie
Morning John, oh yes, I saw you doing this on the show and loved it, the detail on the stamp is so crisp and looked so easy to do, I was awestruck seeing it work with the embossing powder, and yes got to get this stamp set.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
This was one of my favourites John. I really love the Tuscany die and you've used it so beautifully here.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design and the colours. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteWOW-this card is stunning, love everything about it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
What a beautiful card, John - so elegant.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. I loved this card on Hochanda so thanks for blogging it so there's a permanent reminder of what you did. Love black and white cards and I must start to use more vellum.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
A very striking card , beautiful.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
I liked what I saw in the demo for this and it is nice to have a closer look at the finished product along with a reminder of what you did. The end product is lovely.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John I liked your card on Hochanda but it shows up better on your blog. Love the sentiment.Gloria (Sidcup)xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Gorgeous !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteElegance with a contemporary twist of the stamp.
Its a stunner!
Have a great day.
Ang x
That looks amazing. I love the embossing on vellum nice one! Best wishes jxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLoved this one when you showed in on TV. Striking colour combination.
Lydia
X
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat tocxsee a close up of this striking design, I love what you have created here, a brilliant man card I think!
Looking forward to your next Hochanda shows already!
Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs
Sandra
Xxx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat tocxsee a close up of this striking design, I love what you have created here, a brilliant man card I think!
Looking forward to your next Hochanda shows already!
Thanks for the inspiration
Hugs
Sandra
Xxx
Hi john
ReplyDeleteFabulous card, !ove the silver centre, without flowers it would make a great man card!
Have a great weekend
Hugs
Sandra xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, love the colour combo and best of all, I've got all the ingredients so no excuse not to use them (I'd forgotten I had the venetian spiral stamp)
Hugs, Rose
A beautiful card, John. The centre reminds me of those old metal music discs with raised pins to create the notes!!
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John unusual effect with the vellum but very nice card love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, the embossing on vellum gives a really elegant look.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Beautiful
ReplyDeleteCarol
Just beautiful! SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWow!! This is gorgeous, I love it.
Hugs
Linda xx
Good morning John
ReplyDeleteWow what a beautiful card. Love it!
I do not use vellum usually, but this has inspired me, so will be having a go!
Lol Barbara W xx
Lovely again, John. What beautiful combinations of dies and stamps.
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Sue Mac
I really enjoyed this demo and love the finished masterpiece too.
ReplyDeleteKeep safe in this awful weather.
Wishing good things to all xxx
LOVELY CARD AND BEAUTIFUL SENTIMENT sorry caps on
ReplyDeleteOh John,
ReplyDeleteI really love this card.!! And I love the sentiment!!
This is one of my favorites.
Thanks for Sharing.
Love this card John. I missed your show when you did this. Thanks for showing.
ReplyDeleteLovely card and a beautiful sentiment what more can you ask for
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card, John. Very striking in the black and white. Unfortunately I missed your shows as the online streaming is horrible with too much buffering. (I live in the US) Could only watch about 5 minutes. I would have loved to see your demos.
ReplyDeleteA stunning card John, love the black and white...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card. I'm doing a lot in black and white at the moment (Sue's interlocking circles die, mainly!), and so I would have preferred to see a dramatic black embossed centre, rather than silver! LOL! Really impressed by the level of detail in the stamp. Have a good weekend, Best wishes, Anne O
Ooh I really like this one, love the stamped pattern in the middle.
ReplyDeleteit will be ideal for a whole range of cards.
I saw you do this one on Hochanda I love the drama it's created I've only just noticed that you're now including the card dimensions (how bad am I) Thank you
ReplyDelete