Happy Wednesday,
Well the title says it all I actually made this bow first and then needed a card to show it off! I know that large bows split opinion right down the middle but IMHO there is a place for them, even if you have to invent the card to hold it. Despite the size of the flourish on this card it is a small card and could easily be adapted without the bow.
I stated by tying a double bow of silky crush ribbon in champagne. I then twisted 2 of the pearl sprays around the know and added small pearl embellishment in the centre. Next I cut a had made card blank, in hammered cardstock to 14cm x 16cm and added matts of vintage gold and white. Next I cut 2 frames, one in gold and one in coconut white from the Tessa die using the inner, outer and filigree dies in the set. I flat mounted these offset to create a shadowed frame.
I stamped the sentiment, from my Camellia ring elements clear stamp set for Creative Expressions, in black archival in the centre of a mat of coconut white. I added a thin layer of vintage gold and tied a strip of the silky crush ribbon to the top of these layers. I then added the frames, threading the ribbon over and under the frame.
Finally I added the bow and stuck down the frame set with foam tape to add a little dimension. A few stick on pearls around the frame and a simple yet expansive is finished.
Julia Watts is launching the One Day Special on Hochanda this evening don't forget to tune in at 8pm to catch her wonderful tips and techniques!
Ingredients:
Card Size: 14 x 16 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Vintage GoldFoundation card
Dies: Tessa Frames and tags
Stamps: JL Camellia Ring Elements
Embossing:None
Inks: Jet Black Archival
Embellishments: 5mm white stick on Pearls, small Pearl Embellishment, Pearl Sprays, Champagne Silky Crush Ribbon
For any of my stamp sets please Click HERE for Julia Watts Crafts website
Enjoy...
Morning John, wow I like this, I am a sucker for bows and pins, and I like the Tessas dies that you have used in the background, stunning.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling much better.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a very opulent card today I love the bow and everything about this beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA big beautiful bow on a beautiful card, Thank you.
take care Kitty.
Good morning John, this card is just something else!!! Very chic!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, absolutely beautiful as always x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning Card, "I Love The Tremendous Bow And Pearl Embellishment" I Really Love How You've Cut Your Die In Gold And Then In Coconut White And Shadow It I Love That Look I'm Working On A Wedding Card And Your Bow And Pearl Embellishment Has Given Me An Idea I'll Make One For The Box Also, Thanks For Sharing Your Stunning Card.
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove it but bows are not my thing. I never add them to cards I use flowers instead. However, if I had a bow so gorgeous I would make a card for it!
Anne M xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI usually made a card then decide on the embellishments. I think I'll try it the other way around! I love the bow! Large, over the top and a real focal point! Best wishes, Anne O
Love the colour of the bow and the card you have created around it, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Lovely card but I would have to remove the bow, sorry.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John your card is gorgeous I love the design and the bow is stunning. Bows do have their place and this one deserves a card. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow I love this card it's gorgeous.
I have been admiring the Tessa die set for a while, it's moved up to the top of my must have list.
Thanks for sharing
Have a great day
Maggie
Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Beautiful card and bow , just gorgeous ! {actually it would look lovely in my living room John , just the right color , haha }
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day and i do hope you are feeling better .
Elaine H X
Morning John, A stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
The bow alone could make an interesting card. It would be nicer on a larger card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThat bow is gorgeous, I can quite see how you had to make a card to show it off.
B xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteSorry but I'm in the better without the bow camp, love the card though.
Lydia
X
Hi John,I have been looking at the Tessa die for some time.Your lovely card shows it off beautifully .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John sorry but this is not for me. Liking the card without the bow though. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really opulent look and I love it, the bow is gorgeous with the pearls around it.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
I don't normally like big bows but this one is gorgeous, John. Love the card too.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
love the big bow ,it's the cost of posting cards with bulky embellishments that stop me ,gorgeous card
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the bow, but maybe on a bigger card, it is beautiful John,love the card too!!
Thanks for the inspiration John,
Hugs
Sandra xxx
Lovely card John, love how the die frames the sentiment.
ReplyDeleteLove Janet X
From Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteClean and simple, the stamp says it all.
:-)
Lorna D
Morning John the card is beautiful and the bow is fabulous and the sentiment says it all.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card John. Love the flourishes and pearl "leaves" that adorn that bow.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Rose
Lovely card today John. I am really jealous of the bow as I can't make bows like this. Have you been taking lessons from Becca Feeken? The only other thing that stops me using bows is the additional postage costs :-(
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Gorgeous card John. ;) And love the bow!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, what a beautiful sentiment, it's what jumped out at me first to be honest, vry quickly followed by this utterly stunning card. I agree, a big bouncy bow isn't always what is called for but when it is used it is a bit of a show-stopper! Those pearls look lovely, I'm lucky to be in a position to know how to make my own but I'd never considered using such a thing on a card, the whole ensemble is just gorgeous.
Hugs, T xxx
WOW John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!
Thank you for sharing.
That bow DESERVES a card John, it's absolutely beautiful. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John. If I could tie bows like yours, every card would have one.
ReplyDeleteSueL x
BEAUTIFUL card with a stunning bow! I have found silk ribbon to make the most beautiful bows compared to other type of ribbons. Looks like you think so too. Good job on tying that super bow.
ReplyDeleteOne heck of a bow John, beautiful card, xxx
ReplyDeleteSo so pretty, just love that bow on this beautiful card.....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeletewell I love the card and the bow, I only wish I could
ReplyDeletedo bows as beautiful as you and sue do.
If I attempt a messy bow it truly is a messy bow lol
Beautiful x
ReplyDeleteLinda xx
Beautiful card today John and the bow is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLate again, sorry.
No problem with the bow but it is showing as a dusky pink on my screen which looks strange with the gold but as you said it was champagne, I'll use my imagination. Its the lovely sentiment that makes this one for me.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelove the bow and the card is not bad either :-)
Take care, Maria x