Today I thought I would have another play with the Orange Blossom stamps to die for this time using the larger stamp in the set as well! Also I thought it might be an antidote to the Scarlet of yesterday which divided opinion.
I started by stamping the larger stamps twice each in lilac whisper colour cloud blending ink onto coconut white foundation card. Next I cut these out with the matching dies, shaped the flowers and shaded them using the same ink and a smoothie. I then cut the matching orange blossom leaves shaped these and shaded them in the same way.
Next I cut just the outer die and one of the filigree sections from the Grace frames and tags die. I stamped Happy Birthday from my pierced flags sentiments set in the colour cloud and shaded around the frames with a smoothie and the ink left from inking the stamp.
To make the card I used a piece of acetate that I had covered in polar white sparkle texture paste through the wavy mask ( this takes a couple of hours to dry) I mounted this being a frame cut with the double pierced squares set using three of the dies to emboss the farm then just the outer and inner dies to cut for the frame. I saved this to match and foam mounted it over the textured window background.
Next I made a card bank ( yes an actual card blank) at 16cm x 13cm and cut an aperture in the front using the smallest of the pierced squares used for the frame. I then foam mounted the frame element over this to create the window.
I placed the grace frame along the bottom just popping up from the window and arranged the flowers and foliage to complement this.
The base seemed a little plain so I embellished it with some 5mm stick on pearls.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 16cm x 13cm
Colours: Coconut White
Dies:Grace Tags and Frames, Orange Blossom Complete Flowers, Orange Blossom Leaves
Stamps: Orange Blossom Shaded stamps, JL Pierced Flag sentiments
Inks: Lilac Whisper Colour Cloud Blending Ink
Enjoy...
A lovely card John, loving the stamp,shading and the frame .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine h X
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, oh I do like this one today, I love the wave effect in the background and the wonderful flowers, I am definitely going to try this one.........Now where did I put my 'wave' mask........I know it is here somewhere. hehe!!
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
like this card and just love tha background with the wavey stencil
ReplyDeleteA very nice card I love the layout xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love your card, its brilliant xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a fabulous card, still after that wavy mask, as it makes a fantastic background. Love the colours too. Take care. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty. Love the background.
ReplyDeleteMichele
WOW - this is so beautiful - love it!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love everything about it. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card and the colours you have chosen.
I will give this a try when I get time later this week.
Happy crafting
Maggie
Good morning John. Another beautiful card, particularly the flowers.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Good morning John, another stunner!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteTruly inspiring!!!!!!
Loved yesterdays colour and adore today's.
:-)
Lorna D
Love this card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, Gorgeous !! I love how you have 'placed' your die-cuts at the bottom of this card, really effective !! I love, love, love, how you have done your frame, I really must give this technique a try.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteMy first thought was that it was a window box of flowers. I love the shading on the flowers.
B xx
STUNNING
ReplyDeleteCarol
My favourite mask! I have yet to try using it on acetate but, as I have I have a couple of birthday cards coming up, I think I will try this. I just hope I can get my cut n boss to not cut through the pierced dies when embossing the frame before cutting the inner and outer edges! You have convinced me that I need the stamps to go with the flower dies.
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Beautiful card John especially like the background love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card love this mask too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Great use of acetate. Love it!
Anne M xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, I love the flowers and the way that you have put everything together is so elegant.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Well I loved the scarlet one yesterday, but I love this one too. The flowers are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love the card and the way you have created the background with the mask and acetate.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Beautiful card again John, looking forward to this weekend coming
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
Stunning John, I do so love that wavy mask I must buy it soon lol!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteA vision of lilac loveliness.Marvellous from top to toe and the background is splendid...........I'd have a good home for it in May..........
Ang x
How strange that some folk didn't like the red card yesterday. Must admit i like a pop of colour and especially when it is scarlet and fired brick is constantly used in my craftroom i even have distress glitter in the same colour so yesterdays card was a real winner for me. Now back to the gorgeousness that is todays card. Love the wavy mask on the acetate, and the half moon effect of the sentiment background, the blue and lilac colouring well as you can see, i love everything. It's one of those cards that looks simple but then engages your eyes for an age with all its components.......thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA great card, love it.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, I love it.
Hugs, Rose
Wow, a lot or work gone into this one John, but nonetheless it is stunning, love the texture paste on the acetate idea....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteLovely - I'm going to have to try this texture paste on acetate I know you prefer to answer questions by email but I may not be the only one on this one Does the smooth side of the acetate become the "front" or do you use the textured side? Did that make sense!
ReplyDeleteGreat card John!!!
ReplyDeletePretty card today, so easy on the eyes!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful card John. It's wonderful
ReplyDeleteI am still under the weather so cannot craft myself so that's very frustrating. Hoping everyone enjoys their own crafting.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card and I love the Grace die, so will be having a try at something similar.
Have not tried texture paste on acetate, but I love the look.............so will be giving this a try too.
Lol Barbara W xx
Nice card John. Love the soft, muted colours. The flowers are a WOW too
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card. I've seen that mask around quite a bit and admire it every time I see it. Another one for the wish list. Lol. Best wishes. Anne O.
PS. I'm also interested in the answer to karenlotty's question.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteOh I love this card, the glitter paste on acetate is gorgeous. Can't believe you had mixed reviews from yesterday's card I thought the colour was lovely.
Hugs
Linda xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, love the way you used acetate on this. Just to say I have loved the other cards you posted recently too.
Hugs, T x
Hi Teamie. That wavy texture paste masking on acetate is very effective and looks awesome! Fabulous work as always!
ReplyDelete