I thought you might all appreciate something simpler than yesterdays glitter fest! I got the idea for this card from a Pinterest email I got where a card had been made with a pierced square in the centre. I'm not very good at paper piercing ( or maybe I don't have the patience lol) but it got me thinking whether I could get the same look by just embossing one of Sue's double pierced squares from Creative Expressions. Here's the result.
Next I stamped the poem from my Winters Child clear stamp set for CE in black archival ink in the centre. I then added 2 sparks of Ivy cut form card that I covered in CS colour Cloud inks and cut so that they looked more realistic with different sales running through them.
Finally I added a thin layer of the Iris foundation card and a further layer using the largest square die and another thin layer of the iris.
A simple card but hopefully effective.
Ingredients:
Card Size: 19 x 19cm
Colours: Iris & Coconut white
Dies: Double pierced squares , Perfect Peony complete petals, trailing Ivy, Dandelion Clocks
Stamps: John Lockwood Winters Child clear stamps set
Cosmic Shimmer: Colour Cloud in Indigo Mist, Jade Forest, Sunlit Cedar, Fresh Grass
Also Don't fittest that Julia Watts and I will be working together on Saturday at her BIG SALE AND DEMO DAY! Julia will have some fantastic prices on all crafty stash and she and I will be demoing all day. Details below it would be great to see as many of you as possible there!Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteI just love the delicacy of this card Thank you.
Take care Kitty.
Beautiful card, carol
ReplyDeleteGorgeous John, love how you have done the flowers, lovely verse too, xxx
ReplyDeletejust love this one John ,very pretty
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love the simplicity of this card very elegant.
ReplyDeleteJulia posted the information for your demo day last week wish I could make it looks like it will be great fun but a bit far away and we leave for Tenerife on the 8th.
Nancyd xx
Beautiful card. Have fun on Saturday. Sorry I won't be able to make it got more decorating to do and my brother in laws birthday to go to.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card John - love your flowers!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today, I love it.
Sorry can't make it to Julia's big sale day too far for me to go, plus I can't drive have to rely on others.
I am on ba sitting duty again today. So no crafting for me.
Have a great day
Maggie
That should be I'm on babysitting duty today lol
DeletePredictive text sorry.
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the flowers that means more dies on my wish list. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really lovely card, the verse is perfect. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteElegant simplicity at its best, brightening a dull morning.
Have a great day.
Ang x
beautiful card John <Laura O
ReplyDeleteLoving the clean fresh look of this card.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John. A lovely card, especially the flowers. Saturday earmarked!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi JOhn ,this card would brighten up a dull day .Love it .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This card is stunning !! I love the fresh look to it, I love how you have done the embossed square in the centre (I really must try this technique), I love the peony flowers and I absolutely adore how you have put the dandelion clock die-cuts in the centre of the flowers, they look so effective. I love this card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunner, love it all.
Lydia
X
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John, what a lovely card today x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful as always!
:-)
Lorna D
Sadly I won't make the 'Big Sale', Edinburgh is just too far to travel from. :-(
Good morning John definitely a less is more card very pretty love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteLove the simplicity of this, John. A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteSee you Saturday.
Anne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, I love the fresh looking colours and the pierced squares in the middle look really beautiful.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely card today. Love the colours as well. I like how your now doing your ingredients list. Thanks for sharing.
Lovely car d and I so love your stamps John thanks
ReplyDeletecrafty hugs Pen x
Another great card - I love your stamps for each month - what a good idea.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
Thank you, John,
ReplyDeletefor this lovely, clean offering. So much appreciated. Must use the dandelion clocks as a centre, too.
Hugs, Rose
Hello John
ReplyDeleteStunning card again today. Love the month stamps and they make each card so unique.
Lol Barbara W xx
I love everything about today's card, so much so it would be great if you could post it to me for my birthday on Friday :).
ReplyDeleteI am feeling like I may be starting a cold, I really hope not but my youngest has had an awful one for a while so it would not be surprising.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Morning John, oh sorry it is afternoon now. A really beautiful card today, I love the stamps you have used, and the flowers look great but the embossed pierced squares really do look effective, I have got to try this, I thought you said you were not good at it, well I can tell you that you are..............
ReplyDeleteJust got back from drs and then hospital for xray on my knee, now got to wait 10 days (in pain) for the results, wish I could afford to go private I would then get the results the same day but hey ho.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Lovely card. Must try this and get the dandelion die.
ReplyDeleteLovely card today John.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is a January girl!, this is a lovely verse.
Love Nancy x
Hi John, beautiful card today as usual!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
A lovely card John. Beautiful in its simplicity.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteReally good idea for the centre embossing. Nice1
Anne M xxx
A simple but oh so beautiful card, I just love this new range of stamps....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card John , love the embossed pierced piece and the flowers are gorgeous,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Hi John I love this. Card so simple and un-cluttered really elegant.
ReplyDeleteSometimes less is more
Wendyx
Very classy Love it Have a great day Work and lack of driving skills prevented me from visiting today
ReplyDeleteLove the clean and simple look John, it's a really beautiful card. Pat x
ReplyDeleteAnother one here that loves the clean and simple but ever so pretty look.
ReplyDeleteOnce afain I love your stamps and also the way you have embossed the pierced squares around the sentiment.
love it.
Hi John, so so pretty John x love the fresh crisp look and the embossed images of Sue's pierced square dies. Really effective xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteoooo ps, hope you both have a great day tomorrow! I wish I could be there but too far and pennies too. Hope everyone else who are going, get a grand bargain......or two....!xx
ReplyDelete