Today's card is another demo piece from the takeover weekend which starts tonight at 8pm!
With this one I wanted to show how festive dies and embossing folders can be used all year round. As many of you know I count myself as a frugal yorrkshireman and I like to get the most from my craft products therefore, whenever I buy Festive products I always try ( but don't always succeed) to get ones that will work all year. Todays card is a perfect expample of this being made as a winter birthday card. A change of colour and perhaps the snowflakes and it would work all year round.
I started by cutting the lattice snowflake die in white in the centre of a cut rectangle of the white. I then cut the largest oval from the set from periwinkle card and added a frame cut with both of the ovals included in the set. I foam mounyted these and continued cutting the dies in the set in layers of the blue and white.
I embossed the main front piece using the twinkle twinkle A4 embossing folder before rubbing pearl moon gilding wax over the top.
I then added snowflakes cut from white from the snowflakes setand added them around the main frame and the additional layers of blue and white I added and enbossed. I added PVa dimensional glue dots using Phill Martin's Forsted Sky range of Cosmic Shimmer colours.
Don't forget that there will be Julia, Phill, Lisa and I all weekend on hochnada starting with me at 8pm tonight! Don't forget everything I have used today will be available over the weekend at some great sale prices!
Ingredients:
Card Size: 16 x 21 cm
Colours: Coconut White, Periwinkle Foundation card
Dies:Lattice Snowflakes, Pierced Flags, Snowflakes
Stamps: JL Winters Child
Embossing: Twinkle Twinkle A4
Inks: Watering Can Archival, CS Phill Martin Frosted Sky PVA
Enjoy...
Hi John a lovely card Thank you.Take care and have a fun weekend Kitty.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John. Have a fab weekend, and I'm sorry I'm missing it all. Gill x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh your onto another winner for me with this card, I really love it, the colours are superb and you have captured the winter scene beautifully, I have got to have a go at this one, will have to check to see if I have all the 'ingrediants' though. Looking forward to all the weekend shows.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy seeing and reading your blog everyday, you have a growing following of supporters which is well deserved.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for tonight - should be a good laugh.
Great card, although I tend to keep winter dies for just that - Christmas but you are right try and use them a bit for winter birthdays.
With the right dies you can get away with it and you certainly did on this one.
lovely card!
Will be watching later.
Anne M xxx
Beautiful card & the perfect example of using Christmas dies for other occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this card is lovely, and you are right with changing the snowflakes, it could be used all year round. Love the sentiments in the set. Have a great day and weekend. Looking forward to the shows. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card the Christmas dies really do work for a winter birthday card. You are going to have a very exciting weekend. I am hoping to see as many shows as possible. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card today, I love it and the colours you have used.
I'm hoping to watch the shows but probably won't be able to watch them live, I must remember to set my HD box to record them all.
Have a great time doing the shows.
Maggie
Morning John, its a stunning card today x
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the takeover tonight x
Good morning John. This is a winner and looks just right for a very col weekend. Hope the takeover goes well for you all.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, I love it !!
ReplyDeleteGood Luck Y'All with the takeover !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteJust simply stunning!
You have such a wonderful eye, putting together marvellous creations.
:-)
Lorna D
Stunning card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBet your all getting excited now , hope every thing runs smoothly.
Beautiful card and a lovely color .
Elaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSuch An Elegant, Beautiful Card I Agree With You Its Great To Be Able To Use Our Festive Dies All Year Round Like With Today's Card For A February Birthday Which I Have Two Birthday Cards To Make In February So Thank You For The Great Idea, I'm All Set For This Weekend You'll All Have A Tremendous Time.
Hugs From Sam xxx
✂️ Carry On Creating ✂️
Lovely card John. I've set the recorder for your shows,good luck.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, hope you have a great weekend.
Lydia
X
A gorgeous card, John. Good luck for the weekend.
ReplyDeleteAnne(Northampton)
This just goes to prove that dies and embossing folders we consider Christmas use only are not necessarily so if one gives it a bit of thought. I like everything about this design although I might make the colour a less Christmassy one. Well blue is Christmassy to me!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Morning John, a beautiful card see what you mean about using it all year it would work great. Unfortunately I won't catch your 8 o'clock show tonight as we only get wi-if down at pool but will try to catch as many shows tomorrow as I can sitting in the sun.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John. Lovely card and really really looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. Have fun. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely gentle card and fits right in with the weather we're having. Methinks that winter is approaching :-(
Shall be tuning in this weekend, without a doubt.
Hugs, Rose
Gorgeous card John, really love it.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing what the four of you get up to over the weekend and have already set lots of recordings.
Hoping to maybe get near my stash today but need to get dressed first.
Wishing good things to all xxx
Morning John, what a lovely card, and such a great way to use the sonwflake die for something other than Christmas.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John the blue card certainly has a frosty look to go with the weather. Have a good weekend hope you have enough demos prepped! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card. Love the colour (as always!)
You do not have to be born or bred in Yorkshire to be frugal! One of my plans is to make the most of everything in life...............and that includes crafting goodies!!!!
Looking forward to a craft TV week-end. Good luck to you all.
Lol Barbara W xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAmazing card. Good luck for the weekend.
Hugs
Linda xx
Really looking forward to all of the shows I really like this embossing folder because in my mind this really can be used all year around Not quite convinced with the dies I'm sure I'll change my mind when you demo it It is a stunning card though
ReplyDeleteLovely card, to me looks quite Christmassy, but also as you say a winter birthday card....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteCrikey, thought you were about to break into a chorus of "On Ilkley Moor Bar Tat" but there's certainly nothing "Tat" about this. It does speak more of Christmas to me I think because of the snowflakes on the front but still an absolutely gorgeous card.
Looking forward to the shows.........got to pick Mr D up shortly so hope to be back by 8pm.
Break a leg!
Ang x
Very nice John
ReplyDeleteLove Nancy xx
Lovely card today John. Like the colour very much. Look forward to the shows this weekend.
ReplyDeletehave just watched you making this card on Hochanda,
ReplyDeletevery nice card. Love the colour and you are great
in front of the camera. Have fun this weekend
hugs Maria x
great card ,well used products just shows that we can use Christmas products all year round .Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I'm the same, I try use everything all year round if I can. Video trailer for this weekend is brilliant! Will tune in when I can,
Hugs, T x
lovely card just saw this a few mins ago on the recorded show
ReplyDeletelovely card just saw this a few mins ago on the recorded show
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, catching up with the shows on hochanda today.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather
Gorgeous card!!! I love it.
ReplyDelete