I thought that it was high time I reinstated by Something Different Saturday where I showcase a project that is not strictly a card. It may be a tag, a card set, an MDF piece or my favourite a Box! so here is the first Something Different Saturday of 2016 and its a tag! Now this page is designed to math the Box that I am beavering away on for next Saturday's post.
Next I stamped CE silver double sided satin ribbon with the camellia border stamp form my Camellia elements clear stamp set in black archival repeating the pattern to cover approx half a metre. next I made a double bow with the stamped ribbon and used the remainder as a tie thought the top hole in the tag. Finally I made up a coconut white Camellia flower us the Sue Wilson Camellia die set and finished it with a pearl in the centre. I added this over the bow and placed it on the top left as shown.
A simple tag that could, if you like, make a card in itself !
Ingredients:
Card Size: Tag
Colours: Wisteria, Coconut White and Silver
Dies: Camellia Complete Petals, Pierced Flags, Pierced tags
Stamps: John Lockwood Mondays Child & Camellia Elements sets
Inks: Jet Black Archival Ink, Perfect Medium & detail white embossing Powder (Cosmic Shimmer)
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope this gets through trouble with broadband.
Take care kitty.
Nice idea for a special tag
ReplyDeleteA simple tag??? - to me it is amazingly beautiful and not really so simple at all - elegant yes, but not simple!!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Morning John, a lovely tag this morning x
ReplyDeleteVery elegant John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wonderful John, this looks so stylish, cant wait to see next weeks creation, xx
ReplyDeleteHi John ,this is not a simple tag it is beautiful. Great idea thanks .Gloria(Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, this is gorgeous as you say it would make a fabulous card looking forward to next Saturday to see your box.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Beautiful tag, certainly doesn't look simple to me. It would make any gift looks special.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Wow John, if that is the tag I can't wait to see the box.
ReplyDeleteB xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery pretty.
Lydia
X
Good morning John this is a stunning tag. There so much detail it would have to be for a very special occasion. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John very effective.
ReplyDeleteCrafty hugs Pen x
A gorgeous tag. A suitably 'educated' and crafty recipient would recycle and make into a card. However, a mean, greedy person like me would keep it!
ReplyDeleteTeresa
Very posh.....love it
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John,
ReplyDeletePosh describes your tag very well. I would love that on a gift!
Nice!
Anne M xxx
Hi John. It's a gift in itself. SueL x
ReplyDeleteGood morning John a mini work of art and hardly looks simple. Beautiful. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Oh how lovely is this ? such a lovely idea i think this would be a lovely confirmation gift .
ReplyDeleteTake Care
Elaine H X
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this it's gorgeous. So different. Also glad to say I have the dies and stamp sets to enable me to do this.
I spent yesterday afternoon, going through our Christmas cards we received and using the tags made loads of gift tags for next Christmas, they look so professional lol. I always try to recycle my Christmas cards except the special ones that I keep.
Can't wait to see the box to go with this tag, hope you find d us all the sizes etc. How about a video like Sue does. We know you've done a few, would be nice if you could do some when making cards & boxes.
Have a great day
Maggie
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty tag that would complement a special gift.
Have a great day.
Ang x
A superb tag John and so elegant.
ReplyDeleteMy apologies as I haven't visited the blog for sometime but plan to make it a regular feature of my day.
I am just catching up with some of your old shows on Hochanda and I am afraid I missed your most recent ones.
I am thinking of starting a blog but that would involve more than looking at all my new goodies that I was lucky enough to get for Christmas.
Going to pack Christmas away tomorrow so will have the space to craft once again.
I look forward to seeing the box next Saturday, wishing good things to all xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI Love Your Beautiful Tag You Always Create Great Projects What Ever They May Be
Hugs From Sam xxxx
Carry On Creating ✂️✂️✂️
Morning John such a pretty tag and if this is anything to go by I am so looking forward to seeing the box you have created for it.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hello John
ReplyDeleteWell what a fantastic Saturday blog. Love the tag you have made and again ......I love the idea of stamping on the ribbon.
I can see that this tag would also double up as a card.
Thanks for the ingredient list, I find this so useful.
Lol Barbara W xx
Thank you John,
ReplyDeletefor the gorgeous tag. It's such an effective design, could be place cards as well as a gift tag and of course, a card.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John, A very pretty tag. My hubby is a 'Saturday's Child' and he does 'work hard for a living', this would be ideal for him.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely tag John!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good Christmas and new year,
XxxRuth
Lovely tag. Would look good on a card as well. Looking forward to seeing the box.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! Very soft and elegant to look at. Great inspiration. Can't wait to see what is next!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely to see "something different Saturday again".
Fabulous tag would grace any gift.
Looking forward to seeing everything you have to share with us throughout 2016!
Love Janet
From Wakefield
Well I love tge something different, wonderful tag and so pretty that I can't wait to
ReplyDeletesee what the box is like.
Hi John, oooo this is a beautiful (wow!) tag x Will look forward to seeing the "Something different Saturday" when you do projects like these xx can't wait for the box! :) "thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, I love it!
ReplyDeleteHi John, playing catch up. Yes very different but extremely beautiful, will check this out later.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy New Year to you, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful tag, love all the detail.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather