Firstly I must apologise for the late post today quite honestly after the 3 hour drive home from Norwich yesterday (where I had a fabulous day with all the lovely ladies and the talented and organised Emma) I feel asleep! Thank you Carol for the reminder if you hadn't emailed Id probably still be asleep and forget to post! lol
I thought you might like to see the Gold version of the background I used on yesterdays card as the picture truly did not do it justice! I had intended to post the progress of this card on Face book yesterday however the signal was just not strong enough!
This version is made with the snowflake background which I cut in vintage gold foundation card. I added a piece of double sided adhesive to the front and rubbed silver dream gilding flakes over the back. I then added iced snow over the front and trimmed down the piece.
For the sentiment I gilded a piece of coconut white card and cut the Let It Snow die form this (this is far easier than cutting the piece and then gilding it however you can use the piece it cuts form as well so there is no waste.
I hope this gold version shows this technique better than yesterday and that you understand the quick post!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Snowflake Background
Let It snow expressions die
Silver dream gilding flakes
May Arts ribbon
Silver & Gold foundation Card
Enjoy...
Stunning card.....worth the delay !!!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John, hope you are rested after yesterday. Such a variation on yesterdays card but just as beautiful, love it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Sunday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh this is so gorgeous.
I must admit this one is my fave out of the 2, but then the colours show up better on the photo.
So I suppose I shouldn't really judge, as yesterdays one must have looked also wonderful, but didn't show so well in the photo.
Isn't it a pity when the camera doesn't do a creation justice.
Would love to be able to see these personally.
I do bet you are tired with all the demos in different areas you are doing.
I do hope you have time to unwind today.
Crafty regards. Jenny L.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card in both colours, although it does show up better today.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
That is lovely. The technique shows up well in gold.
ReplyDeleteUnexpectedly I drove past where you were yesterday, but long after you had finished. Hope drive home was okay - know the route well and it can be a nightmare.
Jan
Northampton
Hi John, wow this looks really great! A beauty. Get some rest and enjoy the Sunday, John.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGreat card & looks stunning in gold.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this does look beautiful in gold card.
ReplyDeleteIt's a long journey to Norwich, we are doing that journey the end of the month. The only plus side is we get to see our Youngest Daughter and 2 Grandaughters. The new bypass does take almost an hour off the journey now though.
Hope you manage to have a rest today..
Maggie
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I do like the colours on this one. It does show the technique beautifully. I hope that you get a chance to rest today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, but you know me would prefer it without the bow.
Lydia
X
oh it is beautiful but I too would prefer it without the bow .Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteYou must have needed the sleep matey so you need to leave your electronics out of the bedroom if you want a lie in. Im sure we won't mind you posting late.
Ah, now doesn't that capture the glory of the gilding. The bow could be a smidgen smaller for me but the ribbon is divine.
Try and chill today.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card and lovely to see the detail. The ribbon is gorgeous and I love the way that you do your bows, wish I could make them like that.
Hope you have a relaxing day,
Thanks,
Heather Treble
Sweet, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWell, John What A Truly Beautiful Card, I Would Never Have Thought Of Putting Gold And Silver Foundation Card Together, But It Works Extremely Well Together Especially With The Fantastic Gilding Flakes. I Love Everything About This Card And I'm Possibly Going To Be Outnumbered On This One I Just Love Your Bow Its Truly Awesome, And Looks Fantastic On Your Card.
John Thank You For Sharing Your Beautiful Cards With Us I'm Loving All The Christmas Cards.
Take Care
Hugs From Sam x
This is beautiful and it's photographed a lot better Love the ribbon but like others have said the bow is far too big and in my opinion not needed I loved the picture of just the completed background
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethe bow's a bit too large for me but that's purely my taste and in no way detracts from this beautiful card. I prefer the gold and silver version, rather than just the silver one - it seems to show up the gilding more.
That die is truly wonderful.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is terrific! Colours are superb, and I absolutely LOVE the bow!!
Lorna D
Morning John, Ohhhhhhhhh, this is definitely stunning, I love, love, love, this colour combo, stunning.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, Beautiful card love the gold and silver together,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing! love Junex (Cumbria)
Morning John, a fabulous card I do like this one better but I think it is just the photo as I do prefer silver to gold but do like this one.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John, this card is so opulent and lovely. Definitely a winner in my book. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John the pictures today do show up the card much better and the gilded sentiment is great. Have a good rest today love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteJohn lovely card, and the gold shows us so much better than the silver one yesterday. So glad you posted this as I am sure yesterdays is just a nice
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you were still sleeping after a 3hr drive, and crafting all day. This card shows up the design on the background die much better in gold than yesterday's silver. Many thanks for taking the time yo post it.
Love this card, it shows up so much better than the silver one.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Hope you've had some time to relax today John. Love this card in the gold, it's absolutely stunning. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John I think it's nice in gold but I thought it was just as nice in silver, both look pretty to me. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteThis card is divine - love it xx you would surely be forgiven a day off!! especially a Sunday but glad you posted and had a good time yesterday xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteYes, the gold version does it for me. Very classy..
ReplyDeletelike this version better to the silver one, great card,Laura O
ReplyDeleteI love this card!!!!
ReplyDelete