How about something not christmassy? nice after a weekend of bling I reckon! however i did stick with the gilding flakes theme with this card and perhaps a little bling from some gilding wax? why ever not.
I stated this card as a demo piece at Dale side Garden centre a couple of weeks ago and thought I should really finish it off. I stated by die cutting the inner die form the Stacked Diamonds triplet for Sues latest (non festive) collection as a diagonal down a square of sky blue card. Next I rated the die 45 degrees and cut it again across the piece. If you are careful lining this up then the pattern that cuts in the centre square reveals a new pattern. If you do miss, as I did on a few attempts at home, I simply add a separate cut square over this piece which means you still get the lovely diagonal design.
To decorate it I added a square of silver foundation card onto which I had stuck a smaller square of double sided adhesive sheet (this was cut smaller so that there was no adhesive around the border so I could get the nice silver layer) Next I rubbed silver dream gilding flakes over the die cut piece so that they stuck to the adhesive. I rubbed away the excess with a piece of Rubit Scrubit pad which revealed the gilding but kept the intricate die cut area.
To make up the card I cut and embossed an 18x18cm square of sky blue suing the bed of roses embossing folder. I rubbed this all over with pewter gilding wax and polished it off using a dry wet wipe.
I then added a few layers of blue and silver to make a 20 x 20cm card blank. I added a strip of ribbon down the left hand side of the embossing and added a matching strip down the right hand side of the die cut front. I finished with a knot and a velum peony made with the perfect peony die and matching stamp.
Ingredients:
Creative Expression Craft die by Sue Wilson
Stacked Diamond Striplet
Perfect Peony Complete petals
Sky blue & Vintage Silver foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer Silver Dream gilding flakes
Pewter gilding wax
CE A4 bed of roses embossing folder
blue white seam binding
Enjoy...
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA Brilliant card, Thank you, take care Kitty.
Hi John, just beautiful, the gilding wax really shows up on the blue card. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis is really lovely, you've given me an idea for the next card I need to make.
Thanks
Maggie
Lovely card John
ReplyDeletePeony petals is one on my wish list!
Morning John, a really gorgeous card the gilding wax just sets it off.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Gorgeous card-love the colours & the details on it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I do love how you have used the dies it is very clever. I love gilding flakes. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, love the card it is beautiful. Really like the gilding wax. Would like a striplet die will after take a look at them. Thanks for all the inspiration xx
ReplyDeleteClever use of the dies - think it would take me many attempts! Card looks lovely, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, another lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Monday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card! The pattern looks brilliant, especially with the gilding flakes and the wax finishes perfectly. Debra x
ReplyDeleteLove the embossing folder and how you have used it with the squares.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a clever idea, such a fab effect! I LOVE the different pattern in the middle and have to have a go. One cannot have too much bling, especially gilding flakes. Love the colours used, too and the waxes.
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John, Lovely card, love the roses embossing folder and gilding flakes!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John, A lovely card to start the day,beautiful embossed background.Take care Jane B
ReplyDeleteFab design John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteLovely John, the embossed background looks great and the design is fab,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I love the flower.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother Truly Beautiful Card For Us Today, I Love "The Bed Of Roses" Embossing Folder And How You've Used Sue's "Diamond Striplet Die" I Love Colour Palette Chosen The Blue And The Vintage Silver, Gilding Flakes For Bling, This Is One Very Beautiful Card John, Thank You So Very Much For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Morning John, Oh, this is different, but very effective, it is really lovely.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrific way to use this striplet, very effective!!
Loving the use of gilding flakes and wax together, it makes for a luxurious feel.
Lorna D
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove what you have done with the striplet, I haven't got this one.
Lydia
X
love the background and the silver gilding wax stunning ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely awesome way of using this Striplet! Not got it but.... Mind you if you've struggled to line it up I know for sure that I wouldn't be able to manage it! It looks so effective
ReplyDeleteFab card this morning John. I need to get some gilding wax to play with!
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Morning John, great card, love the way you have used the striplet die, very effective
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant idea with the striplet...you are so clever! Must have a go at this as I already have this die.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
I love guilding wax, when it gives that metallic look, especially for male cards, this card is beautiful...thank you...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteBrilliant idea for that striplet die John, will really have to give it a go!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant idea John to use the striplet die in this way. How funny that Sue has used this embossing folder today as well. I think this folder goes to the top of my list. Love how you've used the building wax as well.
Absolutely gorgeous card today, I love the way you have used the striplet die
ReplyDeleteand the pewter gilding wax with the blue card gives such a stunning background colour.
Love it.
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteShame about the misalignment but great idea anyway and very glam with the gilding, wax and flakes.
Has given me an idea so gracias!
Have a great evening.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the colours you used together.
Must have a look for that EF, it is lovely and I need the peony :-)
Take care , Maria x
What a fab way to use this Striplet die - like you say you can always bung a square over the centre if you go skew wiffy!!! a very useful die to have x love the card too xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, love today's gift, sorry I didn't comment yesterday was at
ReplyDeleteDoncaster craft show. Had a fab day!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John. Sorry I haven't been commenting lately, it was due to internet problems but I have caught up with all of the wonderful cards now. I am so glad to see you showing Christmas cards as I am like you, I love Christmas : )
ReplyDeleteI was lucky enough to get to see you demoing at Newbury, your sample cards are gorgeous.
Today's card is beautiful, I love the Bed of Roses EF and how you have used it: )
Take care x
Another beautiful card John, I do love that embossing folder. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, nice card love the blossom background an the striplet dies are great. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDelete