Happy Tuesday,
As the feedback on the stamped peonies was so positive yesterday I thought you might like to see this card where I used the same stamps and embossing powder however this time I used Teal as my base colour. I mixed the teal with coconut white which, as it is such a soft white, works so well with these strident colours.
I stated by cutting dies 1, 2 and 3 from the Lisbon set (if numbered counting as the largest being no 1) to make this teal detailed frame. Next I stamped the sentiment, from Phil Martins sentiment range, in Peacock distress in onto coconut white foundation card. I then centred the stamped image and cut the piece out using die no 1 from the Lisbon set which made a mat for the frame. I angered the frame on (using scary glue as it is so fine) and added a few 3mm white stick on pearls at the junctions in the filigree frame.
To make the card I embossed a 5x7" piece of coconut white card using the matching 5x7" sparkle star embossing folder. I covered this in pearl moon gilding wax and polished it with a dry wet wipe. I then wrapped a piece of teal seem binding around this on the left hand side and added the frame and sentiment piece.
The flowers were made in the same format as yesterdays however this time I used Teal card and the maidenhair fern die as the foliage. I also tucked in a messy bow using the seam binding.
A few layers of white and teal and finished, hopefully an elegant and classy card!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions craft dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon
Perfect Peonies complete petals
maidenhair fern
Shaded peonies stamps to die for
Teal Seam binding
Teal & coconut white foundation card
CE Sparkle Star 5x7" embossing folder
cosmic shimmer pearl moon gilding wax
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you the card is so pretty. take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today, I do like the way you have done the peonies, I've got the dies and the stamps and am planning to have a try of this later today.
Thanks for the inspiration you have given me. I've been trying to decide how to do a special card for Friday.
Have a great day
Maggie in Solihull
Good morning John, I agree just blooming marvellous!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hello John, another beautiful creation today, love the colours and the flowers. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteStunning flowers on a perfect card! Love it! Best wishes, Anne O
Beautiful card. Love it
ReplyDeleteLovely card and a lovely sentiment too.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colour choice and the flowers are Devine. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous. The flowers look stunning.
Now, about this scary glue? . . . . . . . . Lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Another stunner, love the flowers.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous
ReplyDeleteJohn!!
XxRuth
Morning John, a gorgeous card and delectable flowers scary glue and all.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful!! It's amazing how different things look by changing the colours.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAnother fab creation, love the colours.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Stunning card, love the flowers. Am concerned about the "scary glue" though!
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, An amazingly beautiful card ,what a colour change can do ! I love the Peonies in this colour even better than yesterday . Must see where I can buy this scary glue?? Lol Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John another lovely card, love the flowers. Great colour change.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA really elegant card, the flowers look stunning in teal.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous, love the flowers, my next purchase I think.
Lydia
X
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother winner, Teal, love this colour, makes a stunning card.
Gail Cx
What a gorgeous card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
These peonie dies and stamps are on my list to buy Teal is one of my favourite colours Fabulous card
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, thank you for sharing this lovely card!
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Morning John, Beautiful card love the peonies! Thanks for sharing,
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
Morning John, Quite a 'regal' look to this card, it is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeletesuch a lovely card - those peonies are gorgeous. Hadn't even realised that you'd sneaked in a Xmas card until I saw what embossing folder you had used. This is a card which one could have for any occasion. Beautiful.
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John, another masterpiece, love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
This is a stunner!!
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the style. Yesterday's card was stunning , sorry I never had time to comment on anyone's posts lol! Beautiful colours used and those flowers are beautiful.
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Another stunning card. You are full of inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteLove this card John, it is right up my alley. I can see I am going to have to shop for those flower dies.
ReplyDeleteJan from NSW (Aus)
Hi John, love this classy card, and the white emboss on teal card is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI need these Peonie dies and stamps to them asap :-)
The card is stunning and I love the colour too !
Have a good day,
Maria x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteSorry For Being Late But I've Had So Much To Do, I Love Today's Beautiful Card I Love The Colour Palette You've Chosen You Make Truly Beautiful Cards, I Love Those Awesome Flowers And The Terrific Sentiment From The Wonderful Phill Martin.
Thank You For Sharing John
Hugs From Sam x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today. I love the peonies, and I don't think I've seen this embossing folder before.
Definitely Elegant and Classy!
ReplyDeleteWas it the scary glue that angered the frame?
Love Nancy x
absolutely stunning card and those flowers are gorgeous especially in the colours you have used, I love it.
ReplyDeleteLove those colours together, a really lovely flower, but please stop reminding me about Christmas cards, not ready yet !!!!! Luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteStunning, elegant and classy. What more can I say? Oh, I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteanother super creation today with those fab stamped flowers.
Love the teal colour, and your fab design.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
great card,great flowers to match ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John, I love the embossed background and those gorgeous flowers. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John, lovely card he colours look great n love th embossing background, Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteLove the teal and white. A beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Fab card and lovely colour combo and love the sentiment - think the scary glue was because you angered the frame!!!! Sorry John couldn't resist that one - lol xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete