I had to feature another card made with the lovely Passiflora stamp to die for because Sue Wilson featured one she had beautifully col,toured on her blog last week. She mentioned that this is a stamp that I drew and I have to say that although it is my own work, of which I am highly critical, I do love using and colouring this image.
I stated by stamping the image, using perfect medium, onto teal foundation card which I the embossed with cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder. Next I coloured it in using the cosmic shimmer watercolour Mica palettes. The great thing about the these watercolours is that they have a large mica content which means that you can paint onto dark colours and still get the true colour. To colour this one I chose a soft pink, from the greens and purples range, and a couple of shades of green for the foliage.
To make up the card I die cut the largest die (no1) from the Lisbon die set form a sheet of milk foundation card that I had embossed with the bed of roses A4 embossing folder. To get the stunning sparkle I used teal sparkle texture paste and sues fabulous paper grouting technique. I have added sues video for this below (as it saves me explaining it!) if the video doesn't play click HERE to be transferred to You Tube.
Once dry I cut the aperture and foam mounted it above the stamped image . I cut a thin border using the teal piece underneath and mounted the whole piece, with 3D foam pads of course, onto the card blank made from layers of milk and teal
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions craft dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon die set
CE Bed of Roses Embossing folder
Teal sparkle texture paste
Stamps to die for Passiflora
Milk & teal foundation card
Enjoy...
Morning John, another beautiful card, love it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Tuesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Love the card John, and the techniques, but I'd have put the bow just a little lower, or on the other side - it's covering up half your roses!
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card today.
Maggie
Brilliant card- but I agree that the bow is obscuring your lovely stamped flowers.
ReplyDeleteMichele
A beautiful card but the bow obscures and detracts from the lovely stamp.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, another incredible card, lovely stamping and colouring, but the bow I agree, should be smaller. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteSorry, John, I find the bow a bit "heavy" but the rest of the card is great.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Beautiful card John, love the embossing folder and the stamp, look lovely together,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Morning John, another winner it is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. The stamp is beautiful. I must have a go at the grouting technique. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteIts coming up black and cream on my screen but can imagine it looks better in the teal. As the gals have said, the bow is the focal point rather than the stamp.
Having seen you do the "grunting" it is very effective.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Bloomin predictive text. . . . . . .that should have been "grouting" I won't go into the grunting in public hahaha!
DeleteAng x
Hi John, A lovely card ,although I don't know about the grunting!?!lol The bow does coverup your beautiful flowers,pity.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeletePretty card today, love the stamp.
ReplyDeleteNo bow for me too...sorry John!
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card but again I agree the bow is taking the glory away from your beautiful stamp.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, but not the bow it's too distracting.
Lydia
X
Morning John, A beautiful card, loving the stamping onto the teal card with the white embossing powder, so effective, love this stamp.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John, love the stamp but apologies I do agree that the bow is a bit too much. Lol lynne m xxxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, another pretty card, but I don't think the bow does anything for the card, it detracts from the beautiful stamped image
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Good morning John. I have to admit I am another of the "no bow" brigade, but I love your stamp.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
I have to agree with the other ladies - but it may be the photo but the bow does overshadow the beautiful stamp Love the grunting!!
ReplyDeleteGood morning John lovely stamp and techniques but I think I'd have used a sentiment and left off the bow. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful, lovely colours and just divine.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, I love the colours that you have used for the grouting. Maybe the bow would be better in a cream colour but it's a lovely card with great techniques.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Morning John, Beautiful card, love your stamp and colours!
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John,
ReplyDeletestunning card and beautiful ingredients. Thank you for sharing.
Best wishes, Rose
Beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteSuch an amazing idea John, thank you for explaining so well for us.....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteanother beautiful card today, I really like this one.
ReplyDeleteit is amazing how different techniques make a card look so different ,great background,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John, I love that stamp. Pat x
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous! I am new to your blog. Where have I been?!
ReplyDeleteHi John, please take the predicted text off : ) my head is adele enough hence the name!!! Anyway beautiful card even better minus the bow!!! I love bows!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeletePretty and very sparkly. I like it a lot, especially the colours, they look amazing together
Hugs, T
HibJohn
ReplyDeleteMy word what a gorgeous sparkly card. Just love the colours you've used. Although the Teal looks blue on my screen. Must be the others coloured you've used as well.
Hi John, Stunning card ! Love the stamp.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good day
hugs Maria x
Hi John, gorgeous stamp the card is lovely an the sue Wilson embossing folder is fantastic. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. a lovely card today. I love the colour combo you have used. Take care x
ReplyDelete