Happy Wednesday,
Back on the Christmas Die cutting trail for this months Design Team assignment for Creative Expressions and this week Ive mixed old and new with the classic poinsettia die and the new Shaded poinsettia stamp to match! I started by stamping the shaded poinsettia in perfect medium onto white velum and heat embossing it with cosmic shimmer bright gold embossing powder (part of the detail range with gives a really fine emboss. Next I cut out the stamped images using the classic poinsettia die (i know loads of you have this form last year ) I repeated the process until I had 2 sets of each of the flowers and then simply mounted them together using CS dries clear glue. As this is velum and embossing powder give the glue a minute or so to go off before sticking together then the will adhere with ease.
It was then simply the case of putting together a classic white and gold card to house the poinsettia. I die cut 2 pieces from the poinsettia mini striplet using the inner and outer die, in vintage gold card. I matted these onto a larger piece of coconut white card with a thin gold mat around the outside.
To finish the card I added 2 of the snowflake borders in the gold which I attack opposite each other on a larger white mat. a couple of layers of gold and white and a bow of bakers twine in yellow / gold. white under the poinsettia.
I love the classic simplicity of the gold and white with the detail of the poinsettia, hope you agree!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Classic poinsettia
Poinsettia mini striplet
shaded poinsettia stamps to die for
vintage gold and coconut white foundation card.
Enjoy...
To finish the card I added 2 of the snowflake borders in the gold which I attack opposite each other on a larger white mat. a couple of layers of gold and white and a bow of bakers twine in yellow / gold. white under the poinsettia.
I love the classic simplicity of the gold and white with the detail of the poinsettia, hope you agree!
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Classic poinsettia
Poinsettia mini striplet
shaded poinsettia stamps to die for
vintage gold and coconut white foundation card.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another lovely card, today I will try embossing on velum. Take care Kitty.
Amazing poinsettia . Love the whole effect of gold and white.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea very elegant Christmas creation today.
Love the luxurious gold, and that vellum poinsettia is super.
Have a wonderful day.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Wow John this card is absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteI didn't manage to look at yesterday's card yet.
I'm being treated today by two of my Daughters as its my Birthday, no idea where I am going or what I'm doing, definitely not a bungee jump lol.
Looking forward to seeing you on Friday afternoon at Daisy's.
Have a great day and keep those great designs coming I need all the inspiration I can lol.
Maggie
Hi John, todays card is gorgeous, love the poinsettia with the vellum and gold embossing. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteIt's no good, I am going to have to get this striplet. This card is absolutely stunning, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Wow-stunning card, so classy & rich .
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design and the way you have used the dies. I hope it all goes well today at CE headquarters. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteSuperb card John!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
This card is stunningly beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fabulous Christmas card definately one to try and replicate I have the poinsettia die from last year but could never get it stamped and cut out to match but this year I am determined to get it to work as I love it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat A Truly Beautiful, Extremely Classy Card, It Looks So Rich And Expensive, It's Stunning I Just Love It, I Love The Christmas Cards You Are Placing On Your Blog I Love The Mixture Of Old And New I Just Love Sue's Mini Poinsettia Striplet And Your Awesome Poinsettia Made In White Vellum Then Heat Embossed Using Gold Embossing Powder, I Also Love The Snowflake Border Which I've Purchased This Year. This Is A Stunning Card John Thanks For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Good morning John, gorgeous card today I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John, what a stunner today, I love it, gorgeous, must have a play at this one, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Wow really posh looking card
ReplyDeletestunning card John ,great dies make great cards ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteBoy , what a great Christmas card it would take pride of place on anyones shelf. beautiful,just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
I love the card too, John, but it looks to me as if you have used a snowflake striplet, not the mini poinsettia striplet, as mine has definite flowers in it.
ReplyDeleteHi John, A stunning card ,very elegant and the gold makes it classy! Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteWow John I love this one, stunning , which ever striplet you have used, I think it would be great with either
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Hi John, Loved this card when I saw it at your demo last Sunday, it is absolutely beautiful, so opulent looking and the velum poinsettia is to die for. Enjoy your day, Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Gorgeous !! I'm loving the gold and the vellum, absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, love the gold and white.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIncredibly striking!!! Gold and white are such a superb Christmas combo.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a luxurious look, I love the embossed vellum poinsettias, the stamp is now on my ever increasing wishlist ;). Love everything about this card.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today, rich, elegant and classy. Love the vellum poinsettia.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWow. I just love the look of this card. Your cards always seem to use the minimum of effort but have the maximum effect. Mind you, you are going to cost me a fortune in new dies.
Very classy!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John, beautiful card. X Ros
ReplyDeleteWarm, elegant and sophisticated....I could be describing you John.......have a good day, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful, just beautiful.
Best wishes, Rose
The card is so pretty.... awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteStunning ... what more can I say?
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Hi John, a beautful card.
ReplyDeleteVery different Christmas card, but it is lovely....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteMy oh my. . . . .and oh my again! What the heck a third oh my! This is stunning! Simple concept but beautifully executed.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Stunning card John, so classy. Well done Crafty Regards Julie kay xxx
ReplyDeleteWOW! This is gorgeous I must get the Poinsettia die Been mulling for a few weeks and it'll soon be pay day Yay! I thought the Striplet was the snowflake one... But that could be used too
ReplyDeleteWOW John, what a beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing.
Sheila
Stunning card and love how the poinsettia all matches up - fab xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous, elegant, classic card. Love the soft gold colour and the use of the dies. Pat x
ReplyDeleteA fabulous and very elegant card today. I just love the gold on white.
ReplyDeleteAnd the poinsettia you have made is absolutely gorgeous.
I have the die but must get the stamp too.
Hi John, oh wow what a beautiful card that poinsettia looks amazing an love the way you have used the boarder dies, stunning just stunning. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card today, I love it!
Must get some vintage gold card asap,it is lush.
hugs Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWow! This is stunning, just so beautiful.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John,this card is stunning,I love that gold colony,
ReplyDeleteIta