Happy Thursday,
I'm planning to bring back Christmas Friday which means that Thursday is now Blue Thursday! lol I hope you don't mind and there will be more Christmas Cards popping up on other days however I intend to keep showing a Christmas card or creation / project every Friday!
I'm starting Blue Thursday today with this card form the Pick of The Day shows I did with the wonderful Sue earlier in the year. As I may have mentioned I did quite a few samples for the show and so still have some to pop on here!
Today's card is made just using one die the Quilted blocks striplet. I stated by cutting the centre section of the die down the side of a square of periwinkle card. Next I rotated the die 90degrees and slotted it back in to the die cut at the top. I cut this then repeated this procedure until I made a frame with the triplet running all the way around. Next I cut the striplet with the outside cutting die in place as well in the periwinkle. I mounted this piece of a strip of milk card and then cut each block out to make 3 squares.
Next I mounted the frame piece over another sheet of the milk card and added a thin layer of cobalt blue, I added a further set of the three colours to make a 21x21cm square card.
It finish I added, with foam pads, the three squares running from the top right to the bottom left. To make the centre square stand out I cut the centre from a further die cut added a small blue dazzler and tucked a bow in behind the circle. I added a few more of the mixed blue colour dazzlers in the centres of all the squares and finished.
This is a card that looks more complex than it is to make, honest!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson.
Quilted blocks striplet
Periwinkle, Milk and Cobalt foundation card
Small blue dazzlers
Bluebird satin ribbon pack
Enjoy...
Wow John, such a stunning card today !
ReplyDeleteLove it
This die was my Mothering Sunday present in March so I could give this card a go! It is lovely.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant in Blue thank you. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful card and I love all your blue days and looking forward to more Christmas inspiration.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteI love this die, and am so glad I have it in my ever growing collection of Sue's dies.
This card is lovely, I am making a blue card today myself using the corner die set sort of on a theme like you showed us at your demo. I can't share the photo with you until after my Daughter's birthday as she will see it, lol. I also have another to show you but that will have to wait also. That's what I get for having 2 Daughters birthdays in the same month both big birthdays as well so have to be special one is 40 tomorrow the other is 30 in 3 weeks time.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John, love today's card, so lacy and pretty, and a favourite colour combo. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis a a great way to use this die, John but I'll have to borrow Jan's as I spent far too much in my recent visits to CE Towers! A lovely card.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John this is gorgeous I love blue it is another of my favourite colours. The way you have used the dies is fantastic. I hope you have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, A beautiful card in a lovely blue.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, your ideas never cease to amaze!!!
Looking forward to all your Christmas cards, I predict lots of beauties!!!!!!
Lorna D
Lovely card John and so clever the way you have used the dies!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Good morning John looks so intricate but so effective love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, Beautiful card, what a good idea! Love the blues my favourite,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
Clever I love this Striplet I just wish I had more time to play!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, I love the way that you have used the striplet die and the colours are lovely. I have this striplet die so will give this a try.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Wow-this card is gorgeous! Love the colour & the style.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Clever use of the striplet and really effective. Looking forward to Christmas Friday and role on more blue Thursdays. Thanks
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, very pretty card today, the striplet is so versatile.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Hi John, another beautiful card today. When I first saw this Striplet die I was not too sure about it, but saw a previous card that you had used it on so bought it, and now I love it, you can use it in so many ways. Thank you for all your tips and tricks etc they are so helpful. Looking forward to seeing more of your Christmas creations. Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA really lovely card, love how you have used the striplet. I don't have this one myself. I think I'll have to buy it,
Lydia
X
Good morning John, a simple card but beautiful. Love the colour you chose , think I need the Striplet die now. Look forward to seeing your Christmas cards. Thanks you for sharing all your wonderful cards you give us such inspiration. Hope you have a good day. xx Chris
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, just beautiful, just like all your creations!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John a lovely card and a great way to use the striplet die. Looking forward to Christmas Friday
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, a beautiful card. I have this die and you have given me some wonderful ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner today, mind you all your cards are stunning.I like the way you've used the striplet die. I'm looking forward to Christmas Friday.
Hi John, great card, love the shade of blue. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful, those striplets are gorgeous.
Looking forward to see what you've got for us on Christmas Friday.
Best wishes, Rose
It always amazes me how versatile and how beautiful the striplet dies are. Your card is wonderful John. Pat x
ReplyDeletegorgeous card again today, those striplet dies are really pretty.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see what you have in store for Christmas Friday.
So simple, yet so stunning....lovely colours together....thanks John...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteNot sure about the ribbon but I adore your "Wedgewood" cards and love The Jelly Tot centres. Haven't had chance to play with this one yet so will have to remedy that,
Have a great day.
Ang x
lovely card John may be called blue [and I know you mean colour]but this card does not make me feel blue ,Laura O
ReplyDeletelovely card John may be called blue [and I know you mean colour]but this card does not make me feel blue ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card today, think the striplets make fantastic backgrounds.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card but it does look a bit tricky(maybe we could have a tutorial)
gorgeous colour.
Hugs Maria x
Hi John, very pretty card today, love the wedgewood colours but I'm afraid I'm with Ang, I'd lose the ribbon.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I adore striplet dies as there's such a range of cards you can make from them, love the details in the centre panel
Hugs, T x
These striplet dies are so useful .Most of all I do love your choice of colour .Thanks Gloria (Sidcup) xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, I seemed to have missed leaving a comment yesterday I don't kno why because I look at your sues an Julia's one after the other, very strange. Anyway I think your blue Thursday card is beautiful an it's one I think I would like to have a go at myself. Take care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, catch up again..............what a beautiful creation, especially the way the squares pop out on the page, gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx