Happy Sunday,
I had a fab day at the show yesterday It was so nice to meet so many dedicate and fun crafters! I decided that something simpler and lighter would be right for today's offering as an antidote to yesterdays heavy Christmas!
Today's card is made just using the summer garden cosmic shimmer watercolour palette and my daisy corner clear stamp set.
I stared by stamping the largest daisy from the set in true white detail embossing powder. I then ran stripes of the mica watercolours over this piece to make the background.
Next I stamped the main element, again in the embossing powder, and coloured it using the same set of watercolours. I tied a bluebird satin strip on and foam mounted the topper over this. Finally I added a double bow a dazzler in aqua and a couple of pearl stick pins.
A simpler stamped and painted card but hopefully nice antidote to the red and gold of yesterday!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Clear stamps Daisy Corner
Cosmic Shimmer summer garden mica watercolour palette
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card so serene thank you. Take care Kitty.
Morning John, a very striking card today, I like the combination of colours you have used.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Beautiful card........ love the mica water pallate never tried using it though!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card, I Love The Fabulous Colours You've Used
Well Done Thanks For Sharing
Hugs From Sam x
This is more my style John . I love the lighter colours the card is perfection
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I love the colours you've used, the background is just gorgeous, and my favourite stamps. Debra x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card and the mica colours are fabulous I love these stamps too.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, Beautiful card love the colours,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the colours and the way they blend. I enjoyed the craft show yesterday and it was so nice to see all your samples. You were certainly busy. I hope you get a chance to relax today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty (minus the bow-not a fan of bows).
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one everyone!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove it all except the bow.
Lydia
X
Hi John, lovely card in beautiful colours,the background I like too,very harmonies.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card!
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
I have this stamp set so will have to give this a go. Love the topper.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John, I love to see your stamping, and this card is fantastic, I love these colours together too, a gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA very serene card, colours are delicate and your stamps are divine.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, fab colours and love the daisy stamp.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this stamp set, it's gorgeous as is your card.
I would love the cosmic paints but will have to wait a little while too many big family birthdays this month.
Have a great day
Maggie
So perfect John, beautiful colour, xx
ReplyDeleteIf anyone sent me this card, it would be displayed for a long long time. It's gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWell what can I say John. This card is stunning. I just love the background and your wonderful stamps. Such a brilliant idea. A definite must to emulate. I just loved talking to you yesterday and watching your demoes.
Good morning John from a very wet Suffolk. Its pouring but so welcome. I might even have to do some housework as it is cooler! Love what you have done here, such pretty colours, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and love the topper.
Hope you're having a rest today.
Ang x
Hi John, a beautifull card in such pretty colours.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThe card is stunning (but you know me, I would use a different colour to purple or a MUCH darker shade), I LOVE that topper you've created. Your stamps are lovely, too.
Best wishes, Rose
Love it love it love it I think I like this one and I loved yesterday's too
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful stamp set, makes lovely cards.
ReplyDeleteGreat colours, must dig out my mica paints, so simple to do with great results.
I love this card and the stamps, they are so very pretty.
ReplyDeleteI love the colours and the effect you have got with them.
A lovely card- just my style and in my favourite colours.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John, nice card love the stamp. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteVery pretty card, missed your stamp release due to being overseas with no web access, so must look at back posts for your stamps.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGlad you got back home safely. Lovely to see all your samples. They were gorgeous. Love this card too. Very pretty colours. Best wishes, Anne O
Stunning John, love it
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
great card John ,love the stamps [your talents are really showing lately]Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletesuper creation yet again today.
Lovely colours and wonderful stamping, and designing.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Love this card John - the colours are lovely and love your stamp xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful creation John, love the colours. The daisy corner is one of favourite stamps, I've used it so often and it always stamps so crisply. Pat x
ReplyDeleteA lovely idea with stamps and cosmic shimmer...luv Ursula xx
ReplyDelete