Happy Monday,
I had a fab time in Fleetwood at Crafty Company yesterday I met some faces from the last time I was in the area as well as some new ones and had a brilliant time. The Lovely Sandra and Keiron were brilliant hosts and have asked me back for a demo day and a workshop day later in the year so contact them if you are interested.
Today's card is one that I made for the demo day to feature the stacked diamond striplet, I love the simplicity of this card's look just 2 colours and the die does (most) of the the work!
I started by cutting a rectangle of lilac card and then cutting the centre piece of the triplet from the top left corner. I repeated the cut from the bottom right and foam mounted the whole piece over a larger piece of coconut white foundation card.
To decorate I used 2 of the full pearl corner in white in the opposing corners and 2 in the others with the central pearl flower cut off.
Next I die cut the striplet using the outline die as well i lilac. I then cut a base for the design using just the outline die in white and mounted the two pieces together. I added one of the flowers, cut form the pearl corners, in the centre and added the whole piece to a strip of scrap card.
Next I bowed (is that a word?) the cut striplet over the front of the large die cut piece by folding the edges of the strip under and gluing down. This is a point where hopefully the pictures help!
Finally I added a few mats and layers of lilac and white to finish the card.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Staked diamond striplet
Pearl corners
Lilac & White foundation card
Enjoy...
Morning John, a gorgeous card looks fantastic but seems very simple definately one to try.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card. I love the design and the clever use of the dies. It is a very striking card. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning ,I love the way you have used this die, another idea for the next birthday.
Thanks again for the inspiration
Have a great day
Maggie
Lovely card-quite different and I'm sure it looks even better in real life.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John, lovely card and what a fantastic way to use the striplet die, one I am sure lots of us will be using in the future. Thank you for sharing
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat A Tremendous Use Of The Fabulous Diamond Striplet Die, I Have This Die Its Wonderful, I Must Try And Re-create This Card I Don't Have The Pearl Corners But I Do Have Pearls I Could Use, I Love The Lilac And Coconut White Foundation Card You've Used Just A Truly Beautiful Card Just Love It.
Thanks For Sharing
Hugs From Sam x
Good morning John, glad you had a lovely day yesterday!!! Fab card today it's so different!!! Yes bowed is a word. : ) !!!! Have a good one!!!
ReplyDeleteLoopy Lynda xxx
What a beauty !
ReplyDeleteLovely card John i love the striplet die and the idea of bowing the die over the front of the card [ Pure magic ] and a gorgeous shade of lilac.
Elaine H X
This looks really effective, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card, love the design. I haven't got this striplet as yet, buts its on my list.
Lydia
X
lovely card ,simple in style ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, wow a stunning card to start the week ,love the way you used the die.Gorgeous colour combination and design ! You made my day!Thank you for sharing your talent and creativity.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John,
ReplyDeleteYou make such beautiful cards, great ideas
and colour combo's
Best wishes
JosieBxx
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteYou make such beautiful cards, great ideas
and colour combo's
Best wishes
JosieBxx
Such a stunning and unusual card, and easy to make!
ReplyDeleteSimples!!!!
Stunning idea Now I wonder if I could get one of the Striplets I actually own to "behave" similarly
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA really different card, I like the way that you have cut into the background and also used the diecut. Lovely colours. Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWonderful card, love how you have achieved the focal point!! Not one for posting tho!
Lorna D
Morning John, love this card, a great idea too. Janice xxx http://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Good morning John, glad you enjoyed your day yesterday. The basic design is so pretty but the added piece bowed over the front looks is so effective. Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to use a striplet die. I wish I could come up with such good ideas. An absolutely gorgeous card.
ReplyDeleteTeresa (Kettering)
Morning John, This is different !! my colours, and I love it !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Morning John, only one one........STUPENDIOUS..............I love it.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Monday stay safe, healthy and happy, June Smith xxx
Hi John, a stunning card. It is so unusal.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card today. I just love how you've ysed the striplet die and the colours are my favourite.
Wow John, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the way you used the striplet die and the colour is wonderful. Thanks for much for sharing your wonderful idea and have a great day.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this is gorgeous! How simple yet so elegant.
ReplyDeleteSuper card John, as always. You are so inventive.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card and so pretty, I was one of the lucky ones to spend the afternoon with John working his magic in Fleetwood. Had a great afternoon John and will hopefully be at the next one. Linda. PS this card is so so pretty in the flesh!
ReplyDeleteOh how beautiful is this.......luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteWow John Hi this is a gorgeous card, love that colour!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good day, will you ever come with
Julia to MK ,I wonder.....
Hugs Maria x
Stunning card!
ReplyDeleteRosemary xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card, love the use of that die - wouldn't have ever thought of that!
Best wishes, Rose
WOW So different but still stunning, you are so clever to come up with this one.
ReplyDeleteI love everything about it.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card! Another way to use a striplet die! And in my favourite colour. Best wishes, Anne O
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteYes, bowed is a word lol! and I take it this one isn't going in the post lol!
A superb use of this striplet, great design and of course, colour!
Sweet dreams.
Ang x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat can I say...Brilliant, Brilliant card just love the simplicity of it yet so effective!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteVery clever card, the pearl corners look fabulous with the die, a great combination!
Hugs,
T x
Another stunning card today John. Such an amazing look by using the diamond striplet so cleverly. Pat x
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card thank you, take care Kitty.
Hi John, a lovely card with the very unusual feature of the bowed strip. Love the lilac and white. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDelete