Happy Saturday,
Don't forget I'm at the Newbury craft show today demonstrating for the Art of craft, If you want to see today's project in the flesh or any of the other cards I have made using Sue's new festive dies then pop along Ive packed far too many samples!
As promised today creation is a box that would fit work for Mondays card however to make it the right size for that card, click HERE if you missed it, you would need to increase the measurements and use A3 card as Mondays card was quite large!
I stared with a square of A4 card in rich red (back in stock at Julia's Shop) 21 x 21cm and scored 2cm on each edge. next I placed the poinsettia mini triplet along one edge of the top section and die cut it. I then rotated the die, hopefully the picture shows how I did this, and cut this along the next edge. I continued in this manner to make the frame of mini striplets around the edge. I then rubbed golden light gilding wax over the raid areas of the die cuts and the edges of the box lid.
Next I cut a piece of vintage gold card to 19x19 cm and glued this behind the die cuts. Next I cut the Merry Christmas die in rich red and rubbed gilding wax over this which highlights the detailed embossing on this die cut. I added golden pearl PVA glue dots to the centres of the poinsettias and made a double bow in the same two tone satin ribbon I used for the card on Monday. I have had a lot of questions about this ribbon it is available in 5m lengths in Julia Watts online shop click HERE to see this. I then added a gold dazzler to hide the knot and the lid was finished.
To make the base I simply cut a piece of vintage gold card to 21 x21cm however I cut it slightly smaller by cutting off a 3mm sliver of card on each side. Doing this makes the base slightly smaller and ensures the lid will fit. To make the base I simply scored at 2cm on each edge and folded the base up.
As you can see form the pictures I made a new card to go in this box simply making an 18.5 x 18.5 card blank in vintage gold. I added a couple of layers of gold and rich red tying a bow around the left hand side of the top 2 layers. I then cut one of Sue's word tress (from the new festive release) in the rich red and added the golden light gilding wax to this and polished it off with a dry wet wipe.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Festive Collection -
Christmas Tree Greetings
Poinsettia mini striplet
Merry Christmas Expressions
Rich Red and Vintage Gold card
Two tone satin May Arts ribbon
cosmic shimmer golden light gilding wax
gold dazzlers
AS I said above Julia Watts has restocked all the items used to make this card as a few people have said they have struggled to find the rich red and vintage gold card and I believe the ribbon is quite hard to find!
Hi John,
ReplyDeletemy this is a stunningly beautiful box to go with a stunning card.
I love the beautiful rich colour choice.
I love what your have created with Sue's excellent dies.
Enjoy your weekend.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Good morning John, love love love this!!! Enjoy your day!!! Have a good one!!!
ReplyDeleteLoopy Lynda xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteBoth projects are beautiful, thank you take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteabsolutely gorgeous, both the box and the card. I love the dies and have been on a bit of a pre-xmas shop (prezzie dies for me!)
Best wishes, Rose
Morning John, a gorgeous box and card just as nice as Monday,s was.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous box and the card is beautiful too. I love the colours you have used and the way you have used the dies. I think I need some more dies. We are popping in to the Newbury show after my husband has set up for an open day at the university and before we have lunch with our daughter. Busy day. Have a good one and I might see you later. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteTHANKS JOHN FOR THE BOX.....YOU TOOK THE HINT. !!!!
ReplyDeletePOSH BOX IS STUNNING, AND THAT FINISHING TOUCH MAKES IT MORE OF A KEEPSAKE RATHER THAN 'JUST A CARD'
CAROL
This box and card are both stunning, absolutely love them, thank you so much for the instructions. It shouts out Christmas, so opulent. Enjoy your day, how I wish I could be there. Linda.
ReplyDeleteOpulent is what I thought too. This really is a keepsake - it looks fantastic.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a really rch and elegant card today, Christmas don't you just love it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous box to go with a fabulous card....LOVE THEM BOTH!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Absolutely gorgeous box! This looks so expensive to buy. I must check out your card from yesterday. Debra x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous and did I say gorgeous? Just shift that bow a wee bit so we can see the "Merry Christmas" in its full glory lol!
Have a great day at the show. Whose bringing you McFlurrys today lol?
Ang x
Good morning John absolutely super project looks so rich in the colours you have chosen. Have a good weekend love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteWhat Beautiful Collection Of Cards I'm Loving The Outstanding Christmas Card Collection You Are Bringing To Us The Colours Are Just So Very Rich And Extremely Opulent. John Thank You So Very Much For Sharing Your Talent With Us.
As Debra Mentioned It Looks So Very Expensive If You Wish To Buy!!!
Hugs From Sam x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA stunning box and card set, rich colours, love it. Hope you have a good day.
Lydia
X
This is so beautiful, John. I love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John, Stunning, fabulous set ! Card and box are very opulent!Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteGlorious rich colour and a stunning design.
Lorna D
Perfect, xxx
ReplyDeleteStunning box for a great card. I agree with Mrs Duck-please move the bow lower down so we can see the diecut & the stunning details.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Beautiful box for a special card.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Stunning box John.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and box! And how useful to me as I was lucky enough to have my name drawn for the striplet dies in Sue's festive die launch. We're off out for the day and my lovely hubby has agreed that Newbury can be part of the outing ! So hopefully will say hello later. Anne O
Such a gorgeous set John, very classy,
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Boy what a beauty of a set , stunning work John.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Beautiful John, love the design, great use of a striplet.
ReplyDeleteLove & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John, just catching up with your blog and seen some beautiful cards from the last few days, I especially like yesterdays (can you tell me where I can get "Joy to the World" stamp from), so love the frosty winter colour scheme. Thanks you for showing us even more ways of using Sue's new dies.
ReplyDeleteTodays card is also stunning, very rich and festive with a gorgeous box to put it in. Just gorgeous. Have a great day, blessings - Deb C xx
Morning John, Beautiful creations with the Christmas dies love them all,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
This is sumptious John - I will try to emulate it! Do you ever do workshops in Scotland by the way - I would love to come along!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful cards today and yesterday's card is also.
I just love these, dies and the stamps.
Been a bit busy yesterday new Grandaughter born the night before, then to top off my day yesterday I won a set of Sue's new Christmas dies so am very happy.
Have a great day
Maggie
Oh gosh, another beauty...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteGreat idea for the poinsettia die john. Stored that one as I bought it the other day. Gorgeous card too x
ReplyDeleteHi John, that box is stunning as wa Mondays card, I love that ribbon. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, This box and card are stunning.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThe box and card are stunning. Even better in the flesh as I saw it earlier today at Newbury.
fantastic card and box ,so rich in colour and style ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFabulous John, Really rich colour combination, just shouts Christmas
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Oh wow I really really love this card and box they are both absolutely gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteOh I love the poinsettia mini striplet, and how you have used it to create this box. Definitely one to buy. Love the card too.
ReplyDeleteOh I love the poinsettia mini striplet, and how you have used it to create this box. Definitely one to buy. Love the card too.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card finished off with a stunning box - love them both xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful John, so classy Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDelete