Well its double today Christmas Friday and the arrival in shops of the snow fibre paper. Therefore today I am showing a card that uses the paper that proved so popular in this post HERE when I originally showed it.
For today's card I have hand cut the centre section into snow drifts as well as die cutting the paper. I thought this card would show the beauty and versatility of this new paper.
I stared by die cutting the mini Christmas scene in black card using dies 1, 2 and three. I then added pearl moon gilding wax over the embossed area that highlights the village scene. Next I cut die 3 (the outline die from the centre of the scene) form the centre of a piece of the snow fibre paper and mounted the scene above this. I then added a frame cut in black and trained the paper down so that a border was visible.
The centre section was made by hand cutting a series of snow drifts in the snow fibre paper. I added three of the winter tress which I cut in the paper and a start from the Christmas Angel 2015 die. I added all these elements to a piece of black card and hand drew stars using a silver gel pen and shaded snow cap ink around the top to copy a snowy sky.
I have added a close up of this so you can see the detail and layering...
I added the whole piece to an A5 black card blank and finished. In a smaller size a perfect batch card I think!
The snow paper is available in Julia Watts online craft shop, click HERE to check it out!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Christmas Mini Scene
Winter Trees
Angel 2015
Snow fibre paper
Black foundation card
Pearl Moon gilding wax.
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a beautiful card. Have a good weekend take care Kitty.
Morning John, I really like this card, looks fabulous, can I have your permission to make one please. I must try some of the snow fibre paper too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Friday everyone, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, the paper looks great. It has that delicate look of snow.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous, can't wait to get my hands on this new snow fibre paper!!
Lorna D
Hello John, a gorgeous card, love the layered elements, have to get some of this paper and see how it turns out. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning card today, I wasn't sure of that mini christmas scene die until I saw this card, it's now on my growing list of must haves.
See you later at Daisy's this afternoon, I'm babysitting this morning.
Maggie
Morning John, a fabulous card love everything about it but must get the snow fibre paper checked C&C Thursday morning at 2am to see if Sue was having it on her show but alas no so off to Julia's sight to get some thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
The paper is very effective. A lovely card, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Love it This Snow fibre paper looks interesting and nice to see something different to "ordinary" card (not that foundation card is ordinary!)
ReplyDeleteWOW-stunning christmas card. Love the way you have just used black & white on it.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Lovely card John, i must get some of the snow fibre ,it gives a good snowy look .
ReplyDeleteTake care
Elaine H X
Stunning card need the paper !
ReplyDeleteHi John, A stunning card have this die and made some in dark blue card ,but the black also looks good.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John, my favourite monochrome!!! I love it Got the die got something
ReplyDeletesimilar to the paper you've used : ) will give it a go!!!
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
What a stunning card John.. and more exciting goodies to buy. Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card.
Lydia
X
Stunning card, love the effect of black and white.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Oh John,
ReplyDeleteit's beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunner - just love it
Enjoy your weekend
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLovely Christmas scene in monochrome...what's not to like!
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Lovely monochrome card.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI So Truly Love Today's Monochrome Card, I'm Loving The Iced Snow Paper I Must Purchase Some, The Scene Is So Very Beautiful Just When I Think I Don't Need Anymore Christmas Dies Now I Need The Trees!
John Thanks For Sharing And Your Exceptional Cards.
I Managed To Get The Pinterest To Work Today So I Was Able To Pin Cards From Yesterday.
Hugs From Sam x
Stunning scene John, love it all.
ReplyDeleteSorry not commented of late, will try to get better lol!
Love & hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove today's card, and I'm loving the snow paper. Love the card in monochrome as well. Looks very effective.
oh wow that is a totally gorgeous card today, I have this die so must go and have a play with it, but I bet I don't make something as gorgeous as yours
ReplyDeleteSuper card John....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteA very special card John. The snow fibre certainly looks effective live from Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove your card John. I just looked at Julia's site and she has sold out of the paper so obviously I'm not the only one that's impressed with your creation! Pat x
ReplyDeletegreat card John love these dies ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John your cards are gorgeous it looks like I need snow fibre paper but it might be tricky to buy. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteGorgeous - love it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, This card is gorgeous !! I love scene cards, so this is 'right up my street'.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLooks a bit felty to me and you know about my felt aversion lol! Snow felt may have been a better name as I always think of bran when someone mentions fibre hahaha
Joking aside, it is a super card and scene and I think you may just be right about those trees.
Ang x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is an atmospheric masterpiece!!!!
Maureen xx
Hi John the cards are lovely I love them dies an it looks like I am going to be loving fibre snow paper. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John your card is beautiful, love how you have created your own scene inside the die cut one, have just seen a card made from your latest designs,FABULOUS, cannot wait to see more.
ReplyDeleteLovely card. Think I want to feel the snow fibre before using it.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton