I thought It was time I showed something a little more seasonal especially as Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far and I was melting in the studio (Garage)! I liked the idea of rotating between Christmas and normal so I thought you might like to see this card! I can't promise I will switch between every day as this tomorrow and Saturday will be Christmas but I will try!
Today's card is simply made by stamping the Floribunda stamp to die for from Sues latest, non festive, release and colouring it using the fabulous Cosmic Shimmer watercolour palettes. I then cut the image out using the largest die form the Lisbon set and mounted it (without foam for once) on a piece of lilac foundation card.
To make the top piece I simply embossed a sheet of coconut white card with the A4 quilted leaves embossing folder and cut an aperture to one side again using the Lisbon die set. I then rubbed pewter gilding wax over the raised are and buffed it off with a dry wet wipe.
I foam mounted this over the stamped image and added a strip of ribbon and some of the self adhesive pearl strips ( a double strip cut down the middle ) to alter the look of the ribbon. For the flower I simply snipped randomly into a strip of the ribbon and rolled it up to make the messy frayed flower you can see in the close up below. A few layers of lilac and silver to 'frame' the card and finished.
Hopefully you will agree this is an appropriate card for the weather!
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Lisbon
Floribunda stamp to die for
Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour palette No 4 Summer Garden
Orchid double sided satin ribbon pack
Lilac, coconut white & vintage silver foundation card.
Enjoy...
Morning John, it certainly is an apt card for this type of weather, fantastic.
ReplyDeletePlease take care in this heat, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Morning John, a fabulous card and love the flower.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card Thank you.Stay cool and take care Kitty.
Hi John, a beautiful floral card, love the colours. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card, Love The Fabulous Colours And The Outstanding Stamp Thank You For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Morning John, another pretty card,love the colours you have used. Glad that you are alternating between Christmas and and everyday type cards
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Stunning card, love the flower, and the stamp is really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI never create 'wide' cards, but will now
Gorgeous John, love the flower. xxx
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card I do love the stamp set it is so pretty. Have a great today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John, but ahh the frayed flower is just so beautiful ,another one for me to try as it has a totally different look .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteReally like this, embossing and flower are fabulous.
Lorna D
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteoh what a super creation.
Love that wonderful stamped flower, and your super design.
Crafty Regards.Jenny L.
Hi John, A great looking card love the flower.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John nice and unfussy but very pretty love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, John. I really must use this aperture technique more.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
This is beautiful Living the lilac and silver together I think I have some pewter gilding wax I must have a play I don't have this set of dies but I would like to have a go at one with a substitute
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card today. Really pretty.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card.
Lydia
X
Love the layout here, oh, and the colours, and the stamp, and the pearls....
ReplyDeleteJanice W
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat what a lovely card today. In my favourite colours as well. Love the layout as well.
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteReally lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLove the layout of the card but for me, personally, I would choose garnet instead of lilac. But that's just because that's me.
I was uttterly useless yesterday, couldn't have even begun to think of crafting (or anything else) in that heat. Hoping we'll get some rain and cooling off, but won't be holding my breath.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteLOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this card, absolutely gorgeous!
love Janet x
from Wakefield
Super card today John, love it. Also yesterdays, because I am very partial to buckle cards too.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is gorgeous I love it.
Have a great day
Maggie
Gorgeous John, love the flower lol!
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Hi John Beautiful card and love the stamping and colours .
ReplyDeleteI must try this way of colouring thank you
jeanie
Hi John, lovely card an beautiful stamping. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, A gorgeous card, loving the pewter gilding wax atop the embossing folder background, and gorgeous stamping.
ReplyDeleteI can't even go in my craft room, and stay, it is far too hot and I can't even get to the windows to open them because of all the storage in front atop my desk hahaha.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
And very pretty it is too. Enjoying some crafting time now after sweltering at Hampton Court Flowere show yesterday. But it was a lovely day out and the roses were magnificent.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteNo, an appropriate card for the weather would have a sunlounger and pina colada hahaha!
Terrific "painting" of the flowers and love the elongated shape.
Nice to see you hard at work today lol!
Ang x
I can't say good morning John because of the time!!! but I'm going to anyway!!!
ReplyDeleteLove today's little gem!!! Sorry it's late but I've been working:(
Enjoy the rest of your day!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous.
Maureen xx
Absolutely gorgeous summery card for today, I love the stamped image.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSuper pretty. Unusual shape- we love our 8x8's as there's so much space to fill but in this case small (er) is beautiful!
Hugs, T x
another lovely card John.like the long shape and a great stamp ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, the shape is really attractive. Pat x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John....luv Ursula xx
ReplyDelete