Happy Wednesday,
This months brief for the design team for Creative Expressions is Christmas using some of the most popular festive dies from last years Sue Wilson festive dies. Today I have chosen the perennial Poinsettia for my card, a die I use again and again. I have given it a new treatment as I have used inkspray misters and the new snow fibre paper, from CE, to make these faded poinsettias.
I started by spaying the snow fibre paper (the paper has a almost translucent look to it where you can see the swirling fibres that make it ) with Phill M Martin's Vintage Berry ink spray mister randomly all over. The ink, rather than sitting on the surface, bleeds into the paper staining it giving a different look that just spraying standard card stock. Next I die cut the poinsettia die a few times from the sheet and built up the flowers. To give depth I 'pinched' each petal along the centre (hopefully this comes off in the picture)
Next I added a small gold dazzler in the centre of each flower each bloom then has a natural shading, albeit in red, that makes the flowers pop. I then coloured some more of the snow paper using the vintage holly ink spray and die cur the finishing touches trailing ivy die.
I cut and oval in a piece of coconut white card, using the outline die form the new let it snow die, and embossed the piece with the CE A4 snowflake lattice embossing folder. I then added a cosmic pearl PVA glue dot on each snowflake and arranged my ivy and poinsettias to the bottom left of the aperture. For added interest I added a messy bow made with a dark green bakers twine from the brights set.
For the recessed panel I stamped the sentiment, form the Peace, Love, Joy clear set by Creative Expressions, in the centre of the oval I cut and, leaving the cut in the die, shaded around the edge using festive berries distress ink and a smoothie. To add a bit of soft bling I covered the piece in double sided adhesive sheet and rubbed on some diamond snow, this juts softens the inking to match the poinsettias.
To finish I stuck the oval to a blank piece of card and foam mounted the aperture with the poinsettias above. I simply added a couple of layers of the coconut white to the back to make a frame for the piece and finished.
Although it looks more complex this could easily be adapted into batch cards as the paper and the dies do all the work for you!
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft dies by Sue Wilson
Classic Poinsettia
Trailing Ivy
Snow Fibre paper
Phill Martin Ink Spray Misters in vintage berry & Holly
Peace, Joy, Love clear stamp set
festive Berries distress ink
Diamond snow.
As usual for a Wednesday it would be fab if you clicked over to the CE design team blog and had a look at what the rest of the team have come up with!
Enjoy...
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card, more dies for my wish list don't think I'll ever catch up lol
Your cards certainly brighten up my day.
Thanks
Maggie
Morning John, all I can say about todays card is amazing, I love the fibre paper you have used and that will be on my next shopping list.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Wednesday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card, thank you take care Kitty.
A lovely card with beautiful poinsettias.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Wow, this one really stands out!
ReplyDeleteLove the petals, really effective
Really love how you have made this card John, the way you have spayed the petals to get that amazing finish. Must try to find the card!
ReplyDeleteHi John, love this card, the poinsettias are gorgeous, love the subtle spray. Have a fab day. Bx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a fabulous Christmas card love the flowers with the snow fibre paper must see if Julia has it on her website, we do miss you all on C&C hope the rumours are not true.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous Christmas card. It is good to revisit last year's Christmas dies they are so beautiful. I do love the embossing folder I use it so much. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a very beautiful, and wonderful creation today.
Love everything about this wonderful design, and those gorgeous poinsettias.
I had a go at Distress Inking my paper to make up my leaves for my roses I made.
Although I didn't see your demo I had heard of it through the blog vine.
So thank you so much for that tip as they turned out great on my card I posted today.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Great card, lovely colour finish to it, quite different.
ReplyDeleteMichele
This absolutely gorgeous, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Absolutely stunning John!
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Stunning card John! Looks deceptively simple but the result is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteMaggie B xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's truly a beauty!!!
Must see this snow fibre paper and I must get me this embossing folder, every time you showcase it, I think WOW.
Lorna D
Good morning John, just beautiful!!! Love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one!!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Good morning John the new snow fibre paper certainly gives a lovely effect. Really nice card design love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, This is gorgeous, love it all.
ReplyDeleteLydia
X
Hi John, This is an absolute gorgeous card! Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteMorning John. Beautiful card, love the colours and poinsettia's ,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, love Junex (Cumbria)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful card the new paper looks great sprayed with the ink.
Thanks,
Heather Treble
Good morning John, I love this card!!!
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Another item I'd like to see in real life! Really need to work on that selling swatches of the card/colours available Nowhere near me stocks CE card so I have to rely on the Internet I love the effect of the ink etc I must think about getting some Pointsietta dies too
ReplyDeleteHi John . What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the Snowflake Lattice EF and the Poinsettias look great made from the Snow Fibre paper. Take care x
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John - not usually a fan of 'non Christmas' colours, but this one I like, a lot!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteit's a beautiful card but a bit too pink for me. However, the design is lovely and I would just replace the pink with red.
Best wishes, Rose
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today, love the misting effect on the poinsettias, have just bought some of Phill's Ink Misters from the Doncaster show, but not had time to use them yet.
Love Janet x
from Wakefield
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card today. Love the poinsetta die. Haven't seen the snow fibre yet.
Hello John, such a beautiful card today!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
JosieB
These Christmas card ideas keep coming and coming....thank you it is beautiful...luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteCan I Just Say I Truly Love Today's Remarkable Card I Love The Beautiful Poinsettias Just So Stunning, Love The Trailing Ivy, The Use Of Phill Martin Vintage Spray Mist In Berry This Card Is Truly Outstanding.
Thank You For Sharing
Hugs From Sam x
Hi John, lovely stunning card today, the poinsettia die is fab don't know why I didn't buy this one last year. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, such soft delicate Christmas card....love it. Janice xx
ReplyDeletehttp://createdbyjan.blogspot.com
Hi John, A lovely Christmas card, quite contemporary, the sentiment is lovely.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Love the modern look of this card John and the design is so pretty. Pat x
ReplyDeleteWow so pretty John. Fabulous card x
ReplyDeleteHello John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card today. I really like what you have done with the poinsettia, they really look life-like.
Beverly
Oh wow this is absolutely stunning and I so love the colour, it so different
ReplyDeleteto the traditional Christmas colours. I wish you had a weekly card give away as everyone would love to win one of your cards especially this one.
I am just being cheeky now aren't I lol
This is an absolute WOW card John, it's sooo beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
john this is a fab card ,,love the pink colours ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHow lovely
ReplyDeletegorgeous card John love the colour combination
ReplyDeleteI really like the card and love the colours xx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteSorry, didn't get chance to visit yesterday.
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! That's my Christmas card sorted, thank you, minus the twine (you know me and twine lol!) hahaha!
Given me an idea for a birthday card I need to do.
Have a great day.
Ang x