As we are only in July I thought I would soft peddle the Christmas by dropping in Christmas cards in every now and again! I hope this makes sense lol. Therefore today's card is in gold however it is distinctly not Christmas and is for any occasion although I have made this into a Birthday card (though it would make a great Golden Wedding card)
I stated by die cutting the Lattice Arched Adornment die from the configurations line (I love this range as the individual dies can be used in so many different ways) 4 times in Milk foundation card.
I adhered 2 of these facing each other on a strip of vintage gold card I then clipped the corners to round them. Next I added 2 of the adornments to another piece of gold card cut slightly larger than the first (this was all done by eye so measurements are difficult!) This time I added them opposite at the top and bottom and foam mounted the first piece on top. Next I mounted this onto a piece of the gold and made up the card using a piece of the gold card which I pierced and a few layers of milk and gold to frame the centrepiece.
I then stamped the shaded peonies in cosmic shimmer true white detail embossing powder onto vintage gold card. I then cut the stamped images out using the matching die and made up three flowers with an 8mm pearl in the centre. I also stamped and die cut the matching foliage (which also comes in the set) and placed these around the flowers which I arranged on the left of the centrepiece.
Finally I stamped Happy Birthday from my Daisy Corner stamp set, in perfect medium and embossed using the same detail powder. I cut this out using the medium die in the pierced flags set and mounted it onto a piece of milk card which I had cut to make a small mat.
I added a few 5mm stick on pearls and finished. I love the variability of the configurations dies and the way you can mix and match them to create your own patterns and style.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson
Lattice Arched Adornment
Pierced Flags
Perfect Peonies complete petals
Shaded peonies stamps to die for
Vintage Gold and milk foundation card
Cosmic Shimmer true White detail embossing powder
8mm & 5mm white stick on pearls.
Enjoy...
Perfect peonies are just stunning
ReplyDeleteThe card really stands out. beautiful
Perfect peonies are just stunning
ReplyDeleteThe card really stands out. beautiful
A stunning card..
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteWow this is another beauty Thank you.take care Kitty.
Just a beautiful card, love how you have done the peonies, very classy looking . Linda.
ReplyDeleteMorning John and all crafters, this is such a pretty card today, can be used for almost any occasion, thank you so much for shareing it with us.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Monday, stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI love this card is beautiful.
Have a great day
Maggie
Hi John,
ReplyDeletea super stunning creation today.
My those dies look so lovely the way you have used them, and the colour choice is perfect, but it would look equally as good in other colours too.
Wonderful flowers.
Crafty Regards. Jenny L.
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the design. It would make a wonderful anniversary card. I hope the demos go well today it is nice that you don't have to travel too far. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeletePerfect peonies like the ones we made in the workshop - they look great. The card could be adapted for many occasions- lovely, John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Another beautiful card! The card design would work for so many occasions. The peonies look so lovely, I've just ordered the peony stamps. Have a great week. Debra x
ReplyDeleteLovely card John and yes it would make a great Golden Wedding Card
ReplyDeleteWendyxx
Just full of gorgeousness.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John, a beautiful card and love the gold.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteOh my, absolutely gorgeous!!
As you say a beautiful card for any occasion, wedding or Christmas.
Lorna D
Beautiful John , love the flowers,
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Gorgeous card-perfect for a special occasion.
ReplyDeleteMichele
This is a stunning card, John, and, as you say, perfect for many occasions.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWhat A Tremendous, Outstanding, Card I Would Love To Make This
Very Beautiful Card I Would Use It As A Christmas Card As It's Just
So Rich And Opulent.
Thank You For Breaking Down How You Made The Card And Which Products You Have Actually Used, I Love The Lattice Arched Die, I Love Your Colour Palette You've Chosen The Soft Gold And The Milk And Then Using Embossing Powder To Create Those Stunning Peonies, John Thank You So Much For Sharing.
Hugs From Sam x
Hi John, A gorgeous card to start of the week.Take care Jane B.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card, absolutely gorgeous. I love the way that you have made the flowers with the white embossing.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card - such a clever use of the adornments! Love the peonies, too. In fact, there's nothing I don't love about this card. You are right, would make the perfect Golden Wedding card.
Best wishes, Rose
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteSuper card that can indeed be adapted to many occasions.
The gold adds a great touch of opulence.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunner this card is. A beautiful way to use the adornment dies. As you said it would make a fabulous Golden Wedding Card.
I MUST get some of this gold card! So rich and opulent I love your design and like you've said can be used for quite a few occasions by just changing the sentiment xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteIt was lovely to have met you on Saturday at the show, thought I would have a look at your blog, love this card, very ornate but perfect.
Gail Cx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteFantastic card, love the rich gold, and yes a Golden Wedding card.
Lydia
X
Morning John, Beautiful card, thank you for the ideas as I won this die on Sues blog launch it's really pretty, I will be trying a version of this one as I haven't got the peonies, I will use my Camellia open and full petals! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteLove Junex (Cumbria)
A very nice start to the week John the flowers really add the finishing touch, love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteWOW John, stunning, rich and opulent today, absolutely love it! Fabulous flowers.
ReplyDeleteLove Janet x
from Wakefield
Awww what a beautiful card!!!
ReplyDeleteThe card is so pretty.......brilliant idea.... thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, the flowers are gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Beautiful card John Crafty Regards Julie Kay xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John.
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I love the colours on this card, and those beautiful die-cuts and fabulous flowers.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
What an adorable card John, and 10 out of 10 for ingenuity! Very well done Sir.
ReplyDeleteWow, very classy, nothing to not like.Thanks.
ReplyDeleteWow, very classy, nothing to not like.Thanks.
ReplyDeleteLovely idea, as you say for various occasions....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteLovely idea, as you say for various occasions....luv Ursula x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, it lends itself to so many other occasions as well as the birthday. I can see it as a stunning wedding card too.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Beth
Good morning John, love it, love it, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a good one everyone!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
Hi John, this is gorgeous, very elegant and classy. I'm loving the stamped & heat embossede peonies, beautiful. Also really liked yesterdays card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteBlessings - Deb C xx
What an elegant look today John. I love the soft gold colour and the Latticed Arch Adornment die. Pat x
ReplyDeleteA stunning card john. X
ReplyDeleteHi John, what a beautiful stunning card today. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteLove this card ! must get hold of some vintage gold, the die's and
the stamp. It is all Gorgeous.
Hope you are ok,
Maria x
great card love the two tone[gold and white]together ,lovely die too ,Laura O
ReplyDeletewow that is one gorgeous card today, and it would also make a lovely Christmas card. lol
ReplyDeleteWow a super gorgeous card . Love your peonies and the way you have used the dies. A really stunning card. Thank you for sharing. Hugs xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card. I love the layering and the flowers are so pretty. Best wishes, Anne O
Love this card, the flowrs are stunning.
ReplyDeleteRosemary x
Playing catch up again John but just had to comment on this as it is just lush xx love it xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete