I thought I should show another version of the rose stamp I showed last week. This time I have stamped the image In cosmic Shimmer detail black embossing powder and then I coloured in the image. I coloured the rose bud using Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet distress markers this time making sure I colour inside the lines this time!
I coloured the leaves in a selection of green distress markers using a wet paintbrush I pulled the colours from the edges to shade the image.
To make the card Background I embossed a piece of coconut white foundation card using a mask and the technique I detailed on Tuesday. Whilst still in the mask I shaded the raised area using more of the distress ink pad and cut it into a large square. Next I simply shaded around the card, the embossing of the mask leaves a frame around the embossed masks which looks like you have added and extra layer.
Finally I added the whole piece, with a strip of ribbon and a pink dazzler, to a hand cut 21cm x 21cm card blank onto which I stamped some creative expressions swirl stamps (I've had them for years so I don't know the name sorry!) in the spun sugar.
Hopefully this comes across a little less pink than Thursdays offering!
Ingredients:
That Special touch mask
CE Singles rose bud stamp
Couture Creations Lotus Filet die
Spun Sugar distress ink & Markers
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you so pretty. Take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteSuch a Beautiful Card, I Love the Fabulous Rose and the great
Couture Die, Thank You for sharing your Cards with us.
Hugs from Sam.
Lovely card, very pretty.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, lovely card, this rose stamp is beautiful. Bet it would look good in red tones for Valentine's day. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card I love the rose stamp I think I need one. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeletereally pretty and elegant card john
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA really pretty card. Love it.
Lydia
X
This is beautiful Another thing to add to my Need List! That list is growing and growing I just wish the Money Tree would grow at the same rate! Have a good week end everyone I'm off to a wedding open day tomorrow with my daughter I shall be drinking in stationery ideas!
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning card the rose is beautiful
Hugs
Carol x
Eh up John
ReplyDeletestill showing very pink on my screen. . . . .technology eh?
A delicate design and lovely shading on the rose.
Have a great day.
Ang x
great card ,don't mind the pink quite like it ,love the rose ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card. Very delicate and romantic feel to this one
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Very pretty card, You coloured the rose beautifully.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. And beautiful shading of the rose, my hat off to you.
ReplyDeleteHAGD, Rose
Hello John and all
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, I like what you have done with the ribbon. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
very pretty rose John; I would love this one for a
ReplyDeleteValentine.
Hi John
ReplyDeleteThis card is simply gorgeous. I do love how you use the masks and colour with them still in place. I'll have to have a go and try and remember the sandwich.
Good afternoon John,
ReplyDeleteOh John, you are spoiling us with TWO pink cards this week and both equally as stunning. This beautiful card could do for a lot of occasions as it is just this side of the plain and simple category. Thank you for all the stunning cards you have brought to us this week, yesterdays being one of my all time favourites and it is my favourite die of the Gemini collection as well.
Thank you John for all your beautiful designs,
Crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil Village)
Lovely, sweet, feminine and elegant! hugs, de
ReplyDeleteBeautiful feminine card John, love it.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John, Stunning, stunning, stunning, I love the technique with the mask and then colouring, it certainly gives the effect of a frame, it is absolutely stunning.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Beautiful colouring with the distress markers I haven't mastered that yet
ReplyDeletehave a fab weekend
love Jo xx
Beautiful colouring with the distress markers I haven't mastered that yet
ReplyDeletehave a fab weekend
love Jo xx
Hi John. A pretty card with a lovely rose coloured beautifully. Take care.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John, beautiful rose. Watched you today on C+C I had recorded, showing some lovely dies and stamps, just a shame that every time you were doing your tutorial the presenter was talking about other thing for sale and the camera was off you so I missed what you actually was showing, not happy ! Have a nice evening, Maria x
ReplyDeleteHi John what a stunning card I love the image you have used. I like how you hve framed the stamp its a stunning die set you've used. And the overall design is wonderful. Have a go weekend xxx
ReplyDeleteDebs xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning card, this is so much better than Thursdays as far as colour is concerned, more White/Cream with a hint of Pink lol! Love the mask swirl on the side, beautiful.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
i love the the stamp and love the shades of pink x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Love this one its not in your face Pink it soft and warrm. Yes I love it!!! And the Rose bud stamp is gorgeous. yes, Yes and YES Love it.
ReplyDeleteYesterday's card has got to go in my list of all time Favourites ( sorry I did not leave a comment)
Hope you are enjoying your weekend. Brenda