Now today's card has two uses, firstly it is my Creative Expressions design team card for this week. Secondly this is Tracey's (who many of you may have spoken to as she is the product assistant and In house crafter for Creative Expressions) birthday card. Now this wasn't interned as a Birthday card for Tracey however a few weeks ago I helped her to rearrange the factory shop at CE tower (well worth a visit as It has all the new products and cosmic shimmer ranges in one place as well as a really good clearance section with 12 x 12 paper starting at just 1p) We wanted some cards to display and show how the products can be used so I took some of my cards and Tracey declared that this one is too be her birthday card, even though she is more of a dog lover than a cat person. I thought therefore I must have got something right on this one as Tracey is someone I learnt loads form and is a prodigious crafter herself!
I stamped the cat design form the Creative expressions stamp in archival black and coloured the edges using spiced marmalade distress marker. I then pulled the colour into the image simply using a wet paintbrush.
The edge is distress inked in the same shade and mounted onto a die cut card using the new Scandinavian background die with the illusion A4 embossing folder. I added pearl moon gilding wax to the embossed sections and made up a layered card with some London tan seem binding and a Creative Expressions fabric flower (or two)
All in all not my usual style but I was quite pleased with the finished result though not as pleased as Tracey obviously! lol
Ingredients:
Singles stamps Poppy
Creative Expressions Scandinavian die
Illusion Embossing Folder
Spiced marmalade Distress ink & Distress pen
The chosen winner of Mondays card (*as selected by Mr ND) is Foxyg Please email me on Lockers@live.co.uk with your address and Ill post tomorrow!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you your card is lovely , I am so glad you mentioned the shop I was wondering if it is still open, I shall pay a visit soon take care Kitty.
Hello John, this card is really gorgeous, I can see why Tracey loved it. Ooooh, need to pay the shop a visit. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI really Love this Card as I Love these Stamps I Love the Dogs Stamps having two Dogs myself. I would Love to visit the shop but it would take me four hour drive, I would love to attend one of the classes but I would have to stay overnight.
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John. I can see why Tracey loved this card, it is great. I would love to visit the CE shop but it is rather a long way, and what I would save on stash would be used on fuel : ( Congratulations to Foxyg : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John. Thank Mr ND for drawing my name out!
ReplyDeleteLovely card, I can see why someone picked it out.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to the Monday winner.
Michele
Very unusual for you John, just see an image on the card surprised me lol! Still a beautiful card and I love cats so its a winner for me.
ReplyDeleteCE headquarters sounds like a right treasure trove, how lovely to be at the center of it all.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card Tracy is going to love her birthday card. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeletei can see why tracey loved this card ...just beautiful
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove this card, can see why Tracey loved it too
Love the Scandinavian die background
Hugs
Carol x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, like the image even though I'm a dog lover.
Lydia
X
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteand Happy Birthday Tracey (who has given me some really good advice whenever I phoned up with a problem). Lovely card, love what you've done with the ribbon and bow.
HAGD, Rose
Hi John, I must congratulate you on your colouring it seemless from all angles. Great cat lovers card. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteDon't think I've seen you do cute before but you do it well lol!
Great card and of course Tracey loved it.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Super card John, and congrats to Foxyg.
ReplyDeleteVery different for you, but an excellent card. Love these stamps.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Janice W
Oh how cute john. I lovd cats as you know i have 4 and i havent seen this stamp before. No wonder tracey loved it.
ReplyDeletewwell done to foxy x
love valx
Hi John, a lovely card. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous x
ReplyDeleteHi John, Well you have certainly made a cute stamp look sophisticated. Not surprised Tracey stated her claim on it. Carol
ReplyDeleteJust spotted your working your way up the league table No 8 now - good stuff.
ReplyDeleteSo cute john - these stamps are very very cute. Happy new Year by the way I will keep popping in. Crafty Regards Julie kay xxx
ReplyDeleteEven though the cat image is "cute" the rest of the card is very elegant, and the two play well together. The CE factory shop sounds like my idea of bliss, too bad I will never get to see it. Well, I can only imagine.
ReplyDeleteSweet, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, beautiful card it just all work so well together, and that cute cat sits very happily in the centre there - Love you tall.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Tracy. WOW If only I lived closer I would just love to go to CE tower.
Hope you have a good day John. Brenda Is
Wow what a super card so lovely and cute would make a super little girls birthday card too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pity CE towers is so far away, I find travel difficult and it would take an over night stay too, perhaps one day they will do mail order as getting hold of CE products locally is poor up here.
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Sorry John, Big Woops!!!!!!!!!!!!! - eyes not focusing today, that should have said 'love it all'
ReplyDeleteLovely card as usual John
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John, This card is lovely, no wonder Tracey loved it. I have a cat, and I definitely have 'paw prints on my heart' !!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
What a lovely card :)
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteI really like the colours together. I'm sure every cat lover would want this card.
Lots of love
Jo xx
Lovely card John. wish it was my birthday lol.
ReplyDeleteMaria x
Very different for you and being a cat lover I luv the stamped image and sentiment xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete