I was struggling at the end of last year (doesn't it feel strange saying last year about a couple of weeks ago?) to keep simple sunday going however It did prove very popular so while some of the simple cards and projects may be more complex I am intending to show something each week that can be made quickly!
This card couldn't be simpler it is just the mask which I have inked through using Shaded Lilac distress ink. I inked the edges and added it to a layered card with the embossed panel.
I added some pearl PVA glue dts at the junctions on the inked image as well as a strip of sea binding and a messy bow with a heart dazzler in the centre.
Ingredients:
That Special Touch mask Delicate
Shaded Lilac distress Ink
Cosmic Shimmer pearl PVA
Couture Creations large retro flowers embossing folder
CE Lilac seam binding.
Enjoy...
simple but definitely gorgeous. Lilac is one of my favorite colors. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you brilliantly simple it is lovely, take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou say simple I say very Beautiful Great Card!
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John. A simple and so pretty card, love the lilac : ) I hope you are staying safe and warm. Take care.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. The colour is lovely.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a gorgeous card. I do like the idea of Simple Sunday there isn't always a long time to spend on a card but you want something effective. Your cards always fit the bill. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteSimply Stunning!! Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, i think this card is gorgeous, like the others lilac is one of my favourite colours. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeletereally beautiful card john....
ReplyDeletemy cosmic shimmer pearls never seem to turn out the same size!
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the mask. Fab focal point on this terrific card.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Very pretty John, I have a lovely collection of masks, and an airbrush! Great idea.
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty card John and I love your bow. Always good to have a stand-by quick card in the armoury as too often I need to make one (must use my diary more this year!). Have a great day. x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, so elegant.
Lydia
X
Hi John, Always smile when I read "messy bow" - crikey if you think that's messy you should take a look at my efforts. To-days card is lovely and one I can definitely try, my background dies are taking on a whole new role.
ReplyDeleteI for one, as I'm sure many of your regulars, are grateful for the efforts you make on our behalf to keep your feature days going, Thanks, Carol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI love this card. It's simply stunning, and in my favourite colours as well. im assuming that you used the delicate mask on the panel and used white embossing powder. I tried this technique once but it didn't turn out so well. Any tips?. Hugs to all in need of one today.
Lovely card John will have to try this one today. Crafty Regards Julie Kay
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning, love the colours and how you have positioned the pearls -just stunning 10 out of 10
Hugs
Carol x
Very good I have the folder - it arrived Friday but not the mask I'll try with a different mask and different colours If you can, please keep Simple Sunday going
ReplyDeleteStunning card john.
ReplyDeleteLove val x
Great card and so different - luv it xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHello John and all
ReplyDeleteA lovely card very fresh looking. When I first saw it I thought, "I bet that cost a fortune in pearls", thank goodness for Cosmic shimmer pva.. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
Simply stunning and oh so elegant. :)
ReplyDeleteHello John, what a lovely idea simple Sunday. Lovely card you've given us today, love lilac , your messy bow looks very neat to me - in fact I would say it's gorgeous. the pearls really had a touch of class to your lovely creation. Hope you're having a good Sunday. Brenda
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA simple but stunning card, love the bow as well as the mask.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
I like this alot
ReplyDeletehave a great Sunday
love
Jo xx
Hi John, Very effective, very elegant, and my favourite colours, I love it !!!!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Hi John this is simply stunning Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful card, love the PVA dots in the centre.
HAGD, Rose
Wow so very beautiful and elegant too John, I just love the shard of lilac you have used too and your ribbon and bow just make it complete for me.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owenr
Gorgeous card John, lovely colours
ReplyDeleteLynne x
very nice card,love the mask idea .Laura O
ReplyDelete