Well its all been a little brown or white this week so Today is Pink Day! Time to introduce some colour me thinks!
Today's card Is made completely with Blush card which looks really pink but is a lovely soft shade that only shows up when contrasted with white as I have on the final layer. I started by stamping the sentiment in Archival black ink onto blush card which I then cut out with the Couture Creations Lotus filet die. I then coloured the image in the die using spun sugar distress ink. Once removed from the die I shaded the edges using cut n dry foam and more of the distress ink.
I flat layered this onto another piece of the blush card and added a spray of waterlilies cut in parchment along with a knot of crinkle edge ribbon and some real sprays and embellishments.
To finish the card I simply layered a piece of the ribbon over the embossed panel and added it to a simple white mat. I always like to add a strip of ribbon if I have added a large bow or embellishment as I feel it balances the larger flourish. I simply added the stamped panel on top, using foam tape, and the card was finished.
Ingredients:
Blush Foundation card
Couture Creations Lotus Filet & Waterlily die sets
Couture Creations Large Retro Flowers embossing folder
CE Sentiment stamp
Enjoy...
The winner of Monday's card, as randomly chosen by Mr ND was no 5 which is Mrs B, If you email me your address on Lockers@live.co.uk I will post it out to you. Another giveaway on Monday! x
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a pretty card , congrats to Mrs B. Take care all Kitty
Hi John, a very lovely card, very feminine, love the flower spray. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeletep.s. Congrats Mrs B on winning the card
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John I like the blush card xxx
ReplyDeleteLovely card, very pretty. Congrats to Mrs B.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Very feminine card John and would make someone's special day more special
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
beautiful card, and the embossing really brings it to life
ReplyDeleteBeautiful design John but far too much Pink for me, I am not a pink person so I would have kept the background just White with a Pink panel or changed colour completely lol! Love the layout though.
ReplyDeleteLove & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
I'm not a pink person too (usually) but the last 2 cards I've been asked to make have been pink! Just goes to show! I love your card as it is so delicate Really must buy some of the foundation card you are now using
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the design, especially the "spray" but the pink is not for me. The middle photo is not so pink so guessing that's more representative of the true colour?
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card, don't think I'm not getting the true colour as it's a very bright pink.
Lydia
X
Hi John. A lovely card, I am getting a very bright pink on most of the pics but one is much more delicate which I'm sure is how it really is. What a lovely surprise when I read that I had won Mondays gorgeous card. Thank you Mr ND : ) I will email you after this. Take care
ReplyDeleteLovely cards love the blush/pink really pretty.
ReplyDeleteA very sweet card. The lotus filet die is very pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteLooks really pretty John, xxxx
ReplyDeleteOoh, a pretty, feminine card today, Great inspiration.
ReplyDeleteA very pretty card today John, and the sentiment is delightful.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely lovely card today, I'm not a pink person but this one really appeals to me. It's gorgeous.
HAGD, Rose
Beautiful x
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteI Love today's Card I have The Blush Card which I Love as its not to overpowering I Love The Sentiment you've used from Creative Expressions they have some really great ones, I really like the embellishment you've made for your Card.
Congratulations to Mrs B for winning Monday's Gift Card.
Hugs from Sam x
Beautiful card John. Love it.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty and very feminine - not a pink girl myself but would look lovely in a different colour combo xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, A very nice card but sorry to say I'm not a fan for pink
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mrs B for winning Monday's card
Have a good evening, Maria x
lovely card John ,well done Mrs B.Laura O
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful card - I like the close up of the stamped panel as it shows how pale the blush card really is.
ReplyDeleteHi John, A very pretty in pink card today, and I'm especially loving the wording of the sentiment, really lovely.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to Mrs B, enjoy your card.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Oh my gracious John.... You are stirring me up big time with these beautiful cards and ideas. This is so awesome. I am so glad I found your blog. You have already taught me so much. I will never stamp the same. Thank you bunches Cathy K
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and lovely to see a pink card. I will have to see about buying some of the blush card as it looks gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteHi John this is a gorgeous card. Congratulations to Mrs B you are a lucky lady. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDelete