Happy Tuesday,
Today will find find me leading a workshop at CE Towers in Kettering I have arranged a date for February and March and will let you all know the details as soon as the Designs can be released! Back to today and a simple technique using a mask again however this time with a die cut aperture.
I have completed a photo tutorial for this week as my typing is not the best!
I die cut an aperture into spice of Kraft card from CE and then placed the waste piece over the card I wanted to add the design to. Next I added the mask over the top and simply inked through the mask using distress ink. I then shaded around the shape to add a little more faded effect to the piece. Finally I simply added a stamped and die cut sentiment a bow and added it to a card blank, 18 x 18cm, that I had also shaded with the mask.
Take a look at your die collection and see what simple cards you can make from masks and the interesting shapes left behind.
Ingredients:
Creative Expressions Sue Wilson dies
Oslo
Californian Border, Tag and corner
That Special touch detail mask
Tea dye distress ink
Sand, Black,Coconut White and Kraft foundation card.
Enjoy...
Hello John, a really great idea, sometimes I think we forget to use the waste from a die cut as a stencil shape, and using it with the mask adds a lot of interest. Love the card. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you another clever tip. Take care Kitty.
Lovely card & a very useful technique today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
What a great idea and so effective.
ReplyDeleteThank you John I will definitely be trying this technique xxx
Good morning John you have created a beautiful card. I love the idea for using the mask. Have fun at your workshops today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards and so easy to do too.
Have a nice day with your workshop.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Eh up John
ReplyDeletesuper warming tones on a nippy day.
Enjoy your workshop. Im sure your students will.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John. A lovely card made using a technique that is so easy but effective. Good one : ) Take care.
ReplyDeletelove the card, and as a crafter..love the recycling!....never waste a bit!
ReplyDeleteGreat technique Will definitely be trying this one
ReplyDeleteGreat card love the warm colours. Take care Jane B
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteJust lovely.
Lydia
X
Hi John, this is lovely Love the way you have you have used your mask on the back layer as well, it just all marries together so beautifully. Have fun at your workshop. Brenda
ReplyDeleteThank you for the tip John. It's a lovely card and so easy and quick to do.......
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your workshop.
HAGD, Rose
very nice tutorial i loved it
ReplyDeleteAJ
Beautiful card. Great technique. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteGreat card John, will have to look at dies in a different way.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
HinJohn
ReplyDeleteMy word you are giving us something new to think about. I'm loving how your using dies and masks.
Hi John, This is a fabulous technique, I will be trying this out, and certainly looking at my dies and masks in a different way from now on. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
great technique ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteFab card and brill technique - think I may have to start looking at my off-cuts to see what I can make with them!! I may be gone a while!! Lol - thanks for sharing xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete