Well I am writing this late at night on Wednesday and my hands are covered in chalk paint which should give you a clue as to what I am demoing on Sunday!
As few of you including Mrs Duck mentioned yesterday I haven't shown this card on my blog! It has been on the Creative Expressions design team blog however due to the mix up i mentioned yesterday it was only a quick shot shown on their website.
I thought, therefore, that this card deserved its own day in the sun as I love the Mica stamping technique I used of Julia's.
The technique is quite simple of creating a stamp pad using cut n dry foam, copper mica and an ink spray mister. I detailed how to do this on the first wednesday of the month so click back if you need more details. This time however I have stamped onto black foundation card which gives a whole new look and shine. I love learning new stamping techniques as it allows me to recycle images as they can be made to look so different.
I matted the image and stamped background onto vintage gold card form Creative expressions which just adds to the shine and makes, hopefully, a regal card.
Ingredients:
Alfie single stamp from CE
Copper Mica
Chestnut ink spray mister
Paw Prints sentiments stamps as above
paw print lattice background stamp
Chestnut seam binding
Vintage gold and black foundation card
Enjoy...
Beautiful card John. Will have to try the mica stamping technique. As always, thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteStunning Card, I Love using Mica and I Love the Stamp.
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John, fabulous card, great colour combo. Really need to get my mica out and give the technique a go. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteWell, it does look a rather splendid card so I did wonder when we would see it in its full glory.
Super effect with the mica on black.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Lovely card-great effect.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteVery Regal looking card, love it.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Good morning John this is a brilliant card it is very pleasing to the eye. Thank you for sharing it. Have a great day today. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love this cute card, I'm glad it is getting a proper showing : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteGreat effect Mica really looks great on black I've had a set for ages and not really done anything with them So at week end I will be playing
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card, love the mica effect.
Lydia
X
stunnong card john. this reminds me of being a child, and scraping the foil off card and leaving a picture behind!
ReplyDeleteHi John, a stunning card. Love the mica effect.
ReplyDeletelove the mica effect ,great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely to welcome me back from my hols. Such a cute little dog.
Just going to trawl through all the days I've missed.
Keep warm and safe as it looks like a nasty day out there, weatherwise.
Love Val x
Hi John, the mica looks stunning on black card. Looking forward to seeing you on C&C, on Sunday. Take care. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John, this is showing up rather dark on my iPad But I bet in the flesh it looks absolutely stunning. Take care Brenda
ReplyDeleteFantasmagorical card John, the sentiment is so true.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John, Love the stamp and the mica technique used however
ReplyDeleteit is a bit on the dark side for me, sorry
Have a good evening Maria
A lovely effect resulting in a beautiful card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, I love this technique, I love the stamping and I adore the sentiment, both dogs and cats have left lasting imprints on my heart.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Really cute card John. I love the Alfie stamp and the technique you have used. It looks very effective.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAlfie is a cutie isn't he. I love the technique that you've used.