A simple card today from the shows I did with Sue Wilson back last year. All I have done is to emboss a piece of Coconut white card with the CE A4 rambling Blossom embossing folder and rubbed gilding wax liberally all over it. I then polished it off using a dry wet wipe.
Next I die cut a butterfly form the centre and cut it out into a square. I matted this with sand and black card and did the same with the wastes piece.
Finally I added it to a card blank 21cm x 21cm added a bow and stuck the die cut butterfly back into the aperture down the middle and pulled the wings forward.
A very simple card that could be made in your favourite colour!
Now next Sunday will be a sneak peak as I am scheduled for the 2 hour toolshed show on Create and Craft (Freeview 36 or Sky 674) at 12 o'clock lunchtime.
Ingredients:
Creative Expression A4 embossing folder Rambling Blossom
Sue Wilson Butterfly Magic Die set
Autumn bronze gilding wax
Foundation card in Coconut white, sand and Black
Enjoy...
Wow this is quite a large card. I'm not actually a butterfly person. I prefer dragon flies., but this really works well.
ReplyDeleteThank you for another week of inspiration.
Love Jo xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a very quick card, Looking forward to your shows next week, take care Kitty.
Hi John, lovely card, may be simple, but is effective. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteThis card is stunning John, love it!
ReplyDeleteXxxxxRuth
just stunning john, looking forward to your show
ReplyDeletecarol
Very pretty and as you say could be done in any colour
ReplyDeleteGood morning John your card is gorgeous. I have been using the Sue Wilson butterfly dies a lot lately they give stunning results. I love the embossing folder. I am looking forward to your show next week. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteAn embossing and gilding fest today lol!
A pretty and quick creation.
Have a great day.
Ang x
It's another Simply Stunning card for us. Looking forward to next Sundays show.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John. Love the layout of this card but the gilding wax is a bit heavy looking for me. Karen x
ReplyDeleteHi John.Love this simple card, very effective. Sue's butterflies are so pretty. I am looking forward to seeing you on our screens next Sunday : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteStunning card - love it. Looking forward to more techniques next Sunday
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John, I really like this card the colours, layout ect but I am not too keen on so much gilding wax. X Ros
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteA very elegant card. I love it, and looking forward to next Sunday.
HAGD, Rose
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, love it.
Lydia
X
A very pretty card. Looks kind of vintage. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card today. It looks a nice simple card today. The butterflies are lovely aren't they.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteFabulous Car, Great matting/layering and I Love the Butterfly and The Embossing Folder.
Hugs
From Sam x
Hello John and all
ReplyDeleteLovely card. As you say a simple card but so effective. I really like the use of the butterfly. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
Like the simplicity of the card today John, must get the Butterfly die. Hugs to all. Linda.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John, love the butterfly.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Hi John another beautiful card the design is fantastic and the colours wonderful
ReplyDeleteDebs xxx
Will set the recorder for next Sunday. Another simple but effective card.
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Suitable for framing.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful creation John.
ReplyDeleteI shall look forward to seeing your shows so please do remind us all on Friday, oldies like me tend to for get easily lol!
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh my gracious John, I never thought of this. This is perfect for sending to the women and even men with a male die for the cancer patients I send to Thankyou , thank you, thank you. hugs, Cathy K
ReplyDeleteHi John, Lovely technique with the embossing and gilding wax, lovely colours too.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to watching you on tv and also your sneaky peek !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx
great card John.love the butterfly ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, You say Simple card - I say fantastic card, one we can all try and be satisfied with the results. Thank you, you lovely man. Brenda
ReplyDeleteYou may say it is simple but it is very effective - luv it xx GailT xx
ReplyDelete