Happy Saturday,
As I am canning the layout ands timing of my blog I thought it was time for a new feature on Saturdays Stamping! Now something different will return however not as a weekly feature as its a bit time consuming with everything Ive got on at the moment!
Therefore today's is the first Saturday Stamping and so I wanted to feature this card which has rubber stamping as well as stamping with a stamp I made using funky foam and a die. Now I know I featured this on Monday as a tip as well as on Create and Craft however I wanted to reiterate that this technique can be done with any die.
I started this card by stamping the rose stamp, from Creative expressions, in perfect medium and embossed it with Cosmic Shimmer detail white embossing powder. Next I used distress inks and cut n dry from to colour the image. I swirled the ink, in spun sugar, over the rose bud. I then used evergreen bough ink over the leaves adding a little tea dye to darken the stem and edges of the leaves. As you can see for the card I intentionally didn't stay in the lines I wanted the colour to be more intense in the centres but to lighten around the image. Whilst to some this may look rough and ready I really like the approach and the way the stamped image seems to shine!
Next I stamped the 2 green colours of distress ink using the tree stamp I made using funky foam and the Lucky Tree die form Couture Creations (see Monday's post for more detail on this) One of the benefits of the foam stamp is that they hold ink really well and give almost a velvety stamped image. This means that you will get four or five faded images form each loading of ink.
Ingredients:
Couture Creations Lucky Tree die
Creative Expressions singles rose stamp
Distress ink in Evergreen Bough, Shabby Shutters, Tea Dye and Spun Sugar
Cosmic Shimmer detail white embossing powder
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you it is so pretty. Have a good weekend, take care Kitty.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteGreat Card I really Love Stamping so I found this very interesting.
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John. Such a pretty card. I need to start stamping more! Take care.
ReplyDeleteLove this card John , think I must get this tree die , so useful!
ReplyDeleteLove the colours and design , have a good weekend,
XxRuth
Hi John, this card is so pretty. Love the way you have done the colouring. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGreat card, nice spring colours on a very miserable day here in the North West.
ReplyDeleteMichele
love this one.....looks really hard to do, but on c & c you made it so easily, especially liked the funky foam tree!
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteIm sure this is more pastel in real life but showing quite vibrant on my screen but love the design. Well, as I said yesterday, I now have a pack of 50 sheets of funky foam so guess what Im doing at the weekend lol!
Have a great day.
Ang x
Morning John, love this card, love all the stamping and the soft colours are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove &Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat Card
Lydia
x
Hi John. This has to be one of my all time favourites. I love the combination oif stamping and die cutting and also great effect on not being too precise colouring the flower.
ReplyDeleteLovely John
Love Val x
Love the way you have stamped and coloured the rose. Might try this.
ReplyDeleteThanks
Janice W
I sort of dismissed the tree die when you first showed a card only because I already have a tree die (it's the D-Lite whimsical tree which I think would be too difficult to cut in funky foam) and now I'm changing my mind! Off to buy some funky foam later!
ReplyDeleteA very, very pretty and unique card. Love the technique used on the card. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteWell I think you have bagged Saturday twice, this for me is something different as well as stamping. What a great idea I'm sure the pound shops are selling out of funky foam. I looked some out after the C&C demo, and like many others will be trying this technique if I get chance over the next few days. The other thing on my shopping list has to be more distress inks. Lovely design by the way! Thanks Carol
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletelovely card but the rosette is a bit too in-your-face for me, would replace that with something less conspicuous, and perhaps involving some ribbon..........
HAGD, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStunning card just love it
Hugs
Carol,x
WOW John, This card is FAB. I just love everything about it. You have really excelled yourself, thank you for bringing such a gorgeous card and brightening up a very miserable Saturday. Take care, Brenda
ReplyDeleteHello John and all.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card, very pretty. I knew I should have bought the tree die (lol). Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
Hi John
ReplyDeleteI just love this card. The stamping is gorgeous. I love how you've swirled the pink around the Rose.
a great card and it is so nice to get some stamping tips ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely stunning
ReplyDeleteHi John, These are my most favourite cards, I can't tell you how much I love them, the stamping is stunning, and the whole card is ethereal and mystical, I absolutely love, love, love, this.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good evening John wow such a beautiful card your stamping is wonderful and your choice of colours is fantastic, just in case you have not realised I love this card !
ReplyDeleteTake care in this awful weather
Hugs
Margaret corgi owner
Lovely card John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
Oh wow John this is a gorgeous card. I love how you have used the rose stamp. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of embossing prior to inking. I really enjoyed Mondays show.
ReplyDeleteStay well and warm xx
This is a gorgeous card - rough & ready? no way - it looks like a water colour creation -xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteOh how pretty is this card in the soft pink bloom of the rose and a sort of haze around it and the green of the stem and background. I have written my list for funky foam buy on Tuesday when i go to Falkirk as i have a few dies that i would like to try as stamps so thank you for the tip John.
Crafty hugs
Norah (Glenochil)
It's gorgeous, John.
ReplyDelete