I thought the first card of the year should be a new creation also using some old favourites and the new Creative Expressions Craft dies designed by Sue Wilson. I have used one of my favourite colour combinations of Navy and Coconut white.
I started by cutting the Scandinavian background in Navy card however I cut the die cut out of the die (what I mean by this is that as with all the backgrounds from CE they do not cut to the shape allowing you to enlarge the piece) with a wide border. Next I cut a further background form a piece of coconut white and cut the die out, using my scalpel, around the deg of the die. I then turned this piece into the white frame by cutting a large border I then paced this onto another piece of the navy card and made a larger border which was then foam mounted above the background (i hope you can keep up! lol)
The main panel is cut in Navy, with a coconut white mate from the new Copenhagen die with the smaller sentiment panel cut in the white using the centre die form the set. I stamped the sentiment, from a CE christmas sentiment set, in Navy ink in the centre and cut it out before foam mounting all pieces together.
I ran a piece of CE satin edge ribbon in white down the side as I like to anchor my bows with a strip of ribbon for balance before adding the centre panel and a simple bow and homemade hatpins (a Christmas gift from my wonderful friend Wendy in Spain)
The main body of the card is made using the Couture Creations tied together A4 embossing folder (last years must have folder) and rubbed pearl moon cosmic shimmer gilding wax all over it before shining with a dry wet wipe and adding some stick on pearls.

A little (for that read a lot) of foam tape and layers of card and finished!
Now there is a (un)deliberate mistake on this card that I only noticed when I put the photos on the blog. If you can spot the errant pearl on this card then you can win it! simply leave a comment saying where the pedal is and I will ask Mr Next Door to randomly pick a name form the comments. The winner will receive this card and a box I will make to house it in!
Heres hoping you all have a wonderful New Years Day and that 2015 will bring everyone loads of Crafty Joy!!!
John xxx
Beautiful card John. Hopefully have found the errant pearl on the coconut white mat on the top left hand side
ReplyDeleteHappy new year John.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card the escapee is on the main body of the card top left corner. I wish you good health and happiness.Kitty.
Love this card. I found the extra pearl on the top left corner of the white mat. Wishing you health and happiness in 2015 and looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful cards and some more videos please.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR
I Love This Stunning Card And The Colours You've Chosen, I Have The Die And The Awesome Embossing Folder That You've Used I First Got The Embossing Folder In 5 x 7 Then It Came Out In A4 So I Purchashed Once Again As I Like To Make Large Cards, "The Extra Pearl Is On The Top Left Hand Corner Of The White Mat". I'm So Looking Forward To Watching You On Create And Craft And Like Cathie I Would Love To See More a Videos Of Your Stunning Cards.
Hugs from Sam x
Beautiful card, is it the stray pearl on the left , happy new year xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a really stunning card to start off the new year. Lovely colour combo. Well that stray pearl, "just" appears on the top left corner of the white frame. Have a great 1st day of 2015. Looking forward to an inspiring 2015. Bx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card John and the runaway pearl is on the top left hand side of the white mat. Happy new year to you and Mr. Next door and to all our fellow crafters. Her's to a creative 2015!
ReplyDeleteMarion B xx
Loving this card and the vagabond pearl gives it a certain novelty freeson ! it is in the top left corner of the white frame !
ReplyDeleteAll good wishes for 2015 !
Hugs,
Rose
xx
H N Y to you, lovely card, errant card is top left white mat, Lilian
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year. I had to enlarge the picture on my phone to spot the pearl-top left corner, on the white border card.
ReplyDeleteThe card is lovely by the way!
Michele
Happy Hew Year John. A gorgeous card to start 2015. I love it, even the stray pearl on the top left of the smallest white mat : ) May 2015 bring all that you wish for John. Take care.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! The simple colour scheme is so striking. The wandering pearl is at the top in the left. Happy new year! Anne O
HAPPY NEW YEARS John
ReplyDeleteHope 2015 brings everything you wish for
I often pop in but don't comment, had to today to send my good wishes.
Have a great day
Patricia
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU BRING TO US IN 2015 JOHN,
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL CARDS AGAIN TODAY.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOURS
Great start John to 2015, looking forward with anticipation all the new ideas you bring into my crafting times
ReplyDeleteX Ros
Great card John ,love the colour choice and these dies ,on my must have list [oh boy, more fab dies ]The extra pearl is on the top left corner [on the white frame part].Laura O
ReplyDeleteYes I did spot the pearl trying to run off the corner. Lovely design John and the pins look good, xxxx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, xxx
Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteOh, this is lovely. The stray pearl has found it's way to the top left of the frame, but I am sure we would have thought it should be there if you hadn't said.
Cheers
Janice W
Happy New Year John this is a gorgeous card to start the year. I think the extra pearl is on the top left of the inner plain coconut white frame. Isn't it strange how things like that happen. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year.
A stunner even with the pearl error. Have a good day.
Lydia
X
Morning John and a Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteA Beautiful card, and a blind man would love to find your error.
It is a pearl missing on the top left hand scroll.The card is stunning - love
the colour you have used. Please note I have not deleted reply it just comes up when I send replies.
Hugs
Carol x
Good morning John A Happy New Year to you. I love todays card as usual it has so much style Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year John
ReplyDeleteLove the navy and coconut white card combo - quite I tell stunning.
Errant pearl is on the top left of the white mat!
Would love to win one of your gorgeous cards to hang next to Sue Wilson's and Julia Watts' cards in my lovely new craft room!!
Enjoy your day.
Sheila x
Beautiful card John. Happy new year to you too. The errant pearl has snuck onto the top left of the white frame. It doesn't detract from the card though. Hope you have a great 2015 and lots more shows on C&C.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you and everyone here.
Im half asleep but the random pearl did jump out in that corner (but don't put me in the draw as Im lucky enough to have some of your beautiful cards already).
A classic "John" card to start the year. . . Fab and Wendys pins adding that special touch.
Have a great day.
Ang x
A stunning card! Even with the extra pearl at the top left next to the ribbon. I've just this morning come across your blog after seeing you post on Helen's Fiddle Fart blog. Hope you don't mind a newbie follower entering the draw.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year, to you and your lived ones, and all your followers. Gorgeous card, love the embossing folder and of course what you create. The wee rogue pearl must be the top left one, but you can't blame it for wanting to be in on the act! Thanks for all the pleasure your creations have given. Carol
ReplyDeleteStunning card and I can't wait to see what you'll bring to 2015 Hopefully I'll get to meet you at one of the "darn sowf" Craft Shows this year The errant pearl is on the white mat top left hand corner! Take care all and have a good 'un
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year John. Beautiful card and I love the colour combo too. Could it possibly be the wee pearl all alone on the left hand corner. Hugs Rita xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John beautiful card as always. Was the pearl placed deliberately on the left hand corner - can't believe you would make an error. Regards Marie
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year,John,the little pearl making a run for it is on the top left hand corner of the white mat - the little tinker,trying to make itself famous on your stunning card!! Jean x
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year John and all your bloggers. The runaway pearl is in the top left corner, but it doesn't look that out of place, just put another one in the top right corner, (before you send it to me, LOL).
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAww, I love the card and the colour combination. Yes the extra pearl does jump out at you. Its on the second matt, top left corner. What happened lol????
Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year. I started the dryathlon today....though having had a chest infection for a few days I havent felt like partaking in the festive bubbles. But Im looking forward to see what you bring us this New Year.
Happy Days John
Sue x
The little escapee pearl is on the top left corner. Beautiful card John!
ReplyDeletelove the navy and white combination!
Top left of the plain white frame! Beautiful classy card, timeless colour combination - love it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card...There is a pearl in the top left corner of the plain white frame. I too have often found an extra piece of bling when I have finished my card...lol
ReplyDeleteHAPPY NEW YEAR John,
ReplyDeletewonderful card, I think everyone's spotted the lone pearl - yes,top left of the plain white frame. But it doesn't detract at all from the beauty of the card.
Looking forward to see what you bring us in 2015.
HAGD, Rose
Hello John, Yes I spotted it - in top left corner of the white frame.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this card White and Navy, really tasteful and classy.
I haven't got this embossing folder or any Navy card - think I will be doing some online shopping later!!!!
Wishing you and your loved ones a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR
take care, Brenda
Hi John, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO. The pearl is in the top left corner of the White frame stands out quite clearly lol!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a very Happy 2015.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Happy New Year! Beautiful card, even if there is an extra little gem in the upper left corner of the solid white matting. Hmmmmmmm, didn't see it until you mentioned it. Hah!
ReplyDeletethis one is a winner John. happy 2015
ReplyDeleteThe stray pearl is found in the upper left of the first inside frame matt.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year John!
Wonderful card. Suitable for framing. If I win, I will really frame it and put it up in my tiny Studio and will pay for the Post.
Happy thoughts,
Petrina
New York
Don't know if I messed up my first comment....so here goes one more time.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your 2014's cards, because that is the year I found you. I'm so glad of that day when I found your site and look forward to everything you create...even though in the beginning I didn't get the title John Next Door. I sure did smile when I found your explanation. :o). If you ever come to the USA again, please make it Philadelphia and I will hop on over the bridge to Philly and be there in a half an hour with bells on.
The errant pearl is on the top left corner of the white frame.
Happy New Year !!
Carol L.
Hiya john lovely card,happy new year love val xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year John
ReplyDeleteAn absolutely stunning card and the colours are in my book perfect, but I did spot a runaway pearl on the centre white panel.
I do sincerely hope 2015 is a magical year for you John with continued success.
Margaret corgi owner
Beautiful card- run away pearl and all- last spotted the perp on the white mat- however he may be on the move as we speak.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year from a new reader - found you thru a pin and have added you to my blog feed.
The lone pearl is on the top left corner of the large Coconut mat that your blue background die sits on.
ReplyDeleteTrying again.
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. I love it, and like everyone else I spotted the errant pearl in the top left corner on the white mat, but not until you mentioned it!!!
Love Nancy xx
We all love the card and can spot the errant pearl in the upper left corner.
ReplyDeleteAnother fab card and love the sentiment - I love this emboss folder too - I have the smaller version 5x7 but don't tend to use that size anymore so might just have to put the A4 size on my wish-list xx the pesky critter has wandered onto the frame/top left xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! When looking at the card the errant pearl is on the upper left corner of the more center white mat.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, love this colour combination too.
ReplyDeleteThe pearl is on the upper left corner of the top layer
ReplyDelete