Well its back to technique day and today I wanted to share this technique of leaving the die cut piece in place or alternatively repositioning it back into the waste piece. We all use the die cut shape we get as a feature, highlight or part of a design on our cards however we can achieve lots of different looks by placing it inside either the piece it was cut form, as in the below silver card, or by putting it into a piece cut in a contrasting colour.
In the card opposite I have taken a cut of the Couture Creations die in Blush card, coated it in pink gilding wax, and inserted it back into a piece of milk foundation card from which I had cut the same die.
In the below card I have simply die cut the rose again in silver Shimmerlux foundation card twice however I have left it in the piece I cut (by sticking another piece of card onto the back using double sided adhesive sheets.
The final card shown, again using the rose die, shows just the aperture with a piece of double sided sheet behind and the void filled with glitter jewels. You could add back in the rose die cut before adding the glitter jewels to make a different look again.
Three cards using similar if not exactly the same technique that I hope will prompt you into looking at your dies and seeing which would work with this technique!
Ingredients:
Couture Creations Rose die
Foundation Card
Double sided adhesive sheets
Enjoy...
Morning John, great technique, must give it a try, all 3 cards look wonderful. Have a good day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John. Love all the cards, especially the middle one.I will be having a go at this technique : ) Take care.
ReplyDeleteLovely cards, especially the first one. I haven't tried this technique so it maybe one to try at the weekend.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteAll three cards are fabulous, great creations each and every one.
Love & Hugs
Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/
Fabulous technique John. All cards are lovely.
ReplyDeleteloving these 'waste' cards john....waste not want not!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic card and so elegant too I shall be giving this a try with your excellent instructions close at hand thank you John.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Margaret corgi owner
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteHave done the first and the last but not the middle (though its given me an idea!)
The first card is lovely (hoping Im real life its not the pink and yellow showing up on my screen lol!)
Have a great day.
Ang x
This is the sort of thing I already do John, you know me, I dont waste anything, yours look beautiful, xxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteFantastic cards - love the technique - one to try
Hugs
Carol x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYou do come up with some wonderful ideas.
Love val x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteThree great cards using the same die in such different ways, so clever.
Lydia
X
Beautiful cards. Great technique. The first one is my favourite. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThat rose die is beautiful, and really makes this card.
ReplyDeleteHi John, yet another good idea from you it's great to get so much use from on e die. Beryl xx
ReplyDeleteHello John and all
ReplyDeleteGreat technique. For a canny Yorkshire lass it's great being able to get six cards this way. Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes
This is so effective. I really like what you have done with this.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the inspiration.
Love
Jo xx
Great technique! Thanks for the clear explanation and the brilliant cards showing your technique, I will definitely try this especially the one with gilding wax. Debra x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletegreat techniques, my fav is the third post -I'm hooked on bling.............
HAGD, Rose
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother fantastic technique. My favourite is the first one. Thanks for the inspiration.
Though all three are beautiful, I like the first one the best. thanks John.
ReplyDeleteLynne x
very nice i do enjoy your blog
ReplyDeleteHi John thank you for sharing these gorgeous cards. I will have to try this technique. Enjoy the rest of the day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Card, I really enjoy The Techniques you share with us thank you so much.
Hugs from Sam x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteIt's Me again I've just checked out the Fabulous Card from yesterday as I'm truly sorry I didn't comment but I was ill, I Just Wish to say you don't need to apologize for not having time to send out the Card I understand how busy you are, I'm so looking forward to receiving the Card thank you once again.
Hugs from Sam x
All three are gorgeous ai think 3rd one is my favourite I'm thinking gilding flakes would work well too what die can I use...
ReplyDeleteThree beautiful cards, luv them all - the second one reminds me a little of a jigsaw puzzle - three lovely techniques xx GailT xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is a great technique, I had never thought to do this, but will definitely be checking out my dies to see if I can do the same, thank you for the inspiration, and all three cards are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
3 fab cards and so nice to see different ways with the one die ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHello John, Three beautiful cards love the techniques, thank You once again for your inspiration. Brenda
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome idea. It puts a whole new thought into purchasing dies. Thank you so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful card so much talent, just love it.
ReplyDelete