Friday, 2 November 2018

Christmas Tree Window...

Happy Friday,

I'm on Hochanda today at 3pm with the scene card die and a mix of dies from my collection that fit within it.

Today I am sharing another Christmas Friday this time made with the Christmas Tree window from the Large Lantern die set.

I simply added a piece if vellum behind the die cut and coloured the different sections, from behind, using alcohol markers.  I placed this in a panel of crackled card I made which looks like a brick wall.

A Craft Artist flower foam poinsettia in the corner and finished.


Enjoy...

15 comments:

  1. Morning John, beautiful sample today, looking forward to the show on Hochanda, got to go to the drs. for checkup so might have to tape it but will certainly watch later I love getting so many of your tips and techniques.

    Saw some lovely photos on fb of you and Sam and the unicorn, you ar so well suited and look so happy together, special hugs. xxx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card John. See you at the NEC today.
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello John, a very unusual card, the crackled background give you a totally different look. Have a good day everyone. Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John
    A fabulous sample. Have a great day.
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That flower foam is great. Lovely to see you yesterday.

    Anne (Northampton)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your show this afternoon. I must look for my vellum and have a go at the technique you’ve shown today. Really pretty card.
    Jan
    Northampton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John this is a stunning Christmas card I just love that tree it is gorgeous. Your dies just work so well. I am actually going to be able to watch your show today I will be in. It has been such a busy week. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card John. Thank you. Have some vellum so might make one today will be watching today’s show ready to learn new tricks and techniques. I think we need a tutorial on the crackle glaze. Take carexxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello John,
    Beautiful card !! I’ve used that tree a lot!
    Hope this posts, yesterday’s did not!
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this stylish card John, lovely colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi John lovely the Christmas tree Sadly I missed your shows so I was travelling home from a funeral & forgot to set up recording so I'll have to watch on rewind

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John,
    Watched your great show on Catch up as I had to go out, but Littlelamb kindly gave me the dates of your shows so I'll make sure to watch them "live".
    Do you know I forgot all about the tree die with the large lantern. I've been so busy making and decorating lanterns with the windows in them that I've just ignored the tree die. I'll be remedying that mistake very soon!
    love Maureen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card John, love your crackle background.

    ReplyDelete