Happy Monday,
I thought I would show another of my Red, Black and white cards today as this seems to be developing into a theme at the moment! I blame it on the Exquisite Poppy dies in Sue Wilson's new Die range for Creative Expressions.
I started this card, as I seem to do with all that I am making at the moment, with the stitched lattice which I cut in bright white foundation card. I then made a series of frames in Ruby and Black using the new Double Pierced Circles dies. I foam mounted this over the lattice and added a larger
circle in black at the back.
Next I cut the Happily Ever after frame in white using the outline and the detail twice. I then cut mats for this using just the outline die in the ruby. I added these to the frames and offset them to give the look you can see in the picture. I added 5mm stick on pearls in white ( the last of my stock I think as I have been using them all over the lattice) I then added the sentiment cut in black and circled this with the pearl strings. I foam mounted this in the centre .
To add focus, and because I thought I could get away with a large bow / embellishment on such a dramatic card, I added the heart sprays cut in ruby and white topped with some white tulle, silky crush ribbon bow, thin black satin bow and finally one of the embellishments form Always and Forever from Craft Consortium.
I added this to the bottom left to add focus to the sentiment and balm
need it with some of the pearl corners from CE on the embossed layer.
I made top the card as shown using layers of the ruby, black and white to add to the drama!
As i have said a very dramatic card but with the big increase in this colour scheme in the wedding market one I hope I can get away with ( yes I am thinking of you again and the Goth wedding you have to Craft for Maggie and Rose, you know who you are!)
I will start the sneak peaks tomorrow for my Show on Hochanda 8pm Wednesday when I get the chance to show some of my favourites from the January release of dies by Sue Wilson!
Enjoy...
Morning John, loving today's card xx
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic card Thank you.It is beautiful.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful dramatic card today.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Good Morning John
ReplyDeleteA very bright card for a Monday morning.Great.
Jan
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning card love the colours and the dies thank you tracyw x
OMG John... absolutely stunning, so eye catching and dramatic - WOW !!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward so much to see your inspiration over the next few days using Sue's new collection which I still have none of !!
Hope you've got over your fun filled weekend with Julia, and enjoy a good day today xx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is STUNNING!!!!
The red and black on white are so dramatic. Love it !!!!!!
Glad you had a good weekend demoing with Julia in Preston and arrived home safely.
Looking forward to Wednesday's show and Thursday to.
Hope Hochanda gives you, Julia,Sue and Phil your own dressing rooms because you are all STARS !!!!!
Love and crafty hugs,
Tina T xxxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteVery Goth. They will love it!
Anne M xxx
Vibrant colour way for this stunning card
ReplyDeleteI love this stunning, dramatic card John. Fabulous. Thank you
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow this card is gorgeous, I have ordered the circle noble dies and can't wait to get them so I can have a play with them.
No crafting for me today, I'm back to babysitting our two youngest grandchildren, and now the baby is walking we will be extra busy, by the end of the day we will be worn out.
Enjoy your preparations for your shows.
Maggie
Good morning John. Real wow factor here. Such a dramatic card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
A lovely card John I like to use these colours too and the bow is great xx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, very dramatic colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Good morning John this is a stunning card I love the colours and the dies are gorgeous. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, a superb card, one of my favourite colour combos, very striking. Have a great Monday. Bx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card, very dramatic.
B xx
Gorgeous card John , love it ,
ReplyDeleteXxxRuth
Beautiful John. Hope you had a good weekend in Preston. Gill went along. xxx
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John. Thanks again for all the demoing at Preston. Great seeing you again. Gill. Xx
ReplyDeleteMy kind of card John. Very rich. I really really need that lattice die, it works for just about e erything. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, oh very dramatic today, love the colour combinations, I must start to use my dies a bit more now I am feeling better, got wound clinic today, fingers crossed.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Very dramatic, John.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Lovely, John - the colours are beautiful together.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks,
Sue Mac
What a stunner John love it the colours the dies just brill thank you
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxxx
Morning John, fab card with great colour combination. Janice xx http://Createdbyjan.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteJust need to echo the words striking and dramatic. Love the colour combo.
ReplyDeleteT
Wow what a striking card john x its stunning and love how you've used the dies its inspirational x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Good Morning John, that is truly a striking card I love how youve used the Happily Every After die it looks fabulous mounted up like that, and the whole card is just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx (Oh I enjoy your programes on Hochanda
ReplyDeleteVery striking. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, white, red and black. Stunning card.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Wow John very dramatic card today.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the card very dramatic.
Lydia
X
Wow...stunning card!
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletean absolutely LUSH card, my favourite colour combo. Have two wedding cards to make, unfortunately pastels are requested. Would LOVE to make something like yours. But there'll be other occasions......
Hugs, Rose
Lovely card today John. Have a birthday card to make. Might do something similar. Thanks for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteImmediately thought this could make a great card for a football supporter!! Every club has its own colours and a rosette instead of a bow would make it even more relevant.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA very bold statement card......terrific! A change of colours still makes it perfect for any other occasion.
Looking forward to Wednesday matey.
Ang x
Hi John. I have to admit that the colours are a bit too brash for me, but I do like the design of the card and I am sure it would work in different colours too.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Fabulous! Love the design.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteAnother fabulous card today. Love the colours you've used
Lovely, very striking card
ReplyDeleteLovely card
ReplyDelete