Happy Saturday,
Well it is a card however the difference this week is the colour choice not one I would normally use but I have to admit that I like it!
I stared by cutting the filigree section from Rococo striplet in honeydew foundation card I just cut the detail into the card and didn't use the outline. Next I cut 2 of the dies form the double pierced backgrounds one in bright white and one in primrose I cut these together into 3 sections making a band in the middle the seam width as one of the panels on the striplet die. I stuck these back together and cut the outline die form one piece being careful to make sure that the centre panel fitted the striplet.
Next i added the other piece, the primrose and white panel, behind the cut striplet and added a resin rose in a matching yellow on the centre of each piece of the striplet design as shown.
I matted this on primrose foundation card and added a few layers of the honeydew, primrose and white for definition. Finally I added seam binding bows in matching yellow and green at the edge with an 8mm pearl in the centre to hide the knot and join.
a very different colour combination for me but hopefully it may make us all think about using colours that are outside our comfort zone!
Enjoy...
Morning John, loving today's card, it's a summery feel to Saturday xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, like you not my normal choice of colours but such a lovely card. Definately got me thinking outside my "colour comfort zone". You never cease to amaze!
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
This card is so pretty.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Morning John, a beautiful card very springlike.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John, well I am with you on this one, it is not a set of colours I would have put together but the more I see it the more I like it and what I do like is the panels and the way you have fitted these with the striplet die, another one to add to my growing pile of things to try. I purchased some of the honeydew foundation card recently and although I have so far only used it once I really like how the colour transforms a card, wonderful, so crafters if you get a chance to purchase some of it I would highly recommend it.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteYes a very pretty card in an unusual colour way, Roccoco die is delicate and with the bows for adornment what more does it need.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxx
Morning John. I like the soft mix of colours in your card today. Lovely card. X
ReplyDeleteJohn that is a very pretty card.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Very different card to your usual style/colours but it's lovely & the colours really work well together.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Stunning card
ReplyDeleteCarol
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteA different card today but I do like it.
Have a great day
Maggie
Not your usual colours John, but really nice, so fresh and clean. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteDefinitely not a John card but I love it. The colours look really great together. X
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteNot colours I would put together, but it does work, very pretty card.
Lydia
X
Great concept and in colours Iwouldn't usually choose either So I'm not sure I think it's another of those projects I'd like to see in the "flesh" Fab idea though I'm already thinking what colours I could do it in
ReplyDeleteMorning John, I really like this card !! It is quite 'abstract' to me, but I love the combination of colours you have used, and you have 'tied' them all in, beautifully.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from Patricia xx
Good morning John this is a stunning card. I love the colour combination it is very effective. The dies are gorgeous too. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card john x colours I would avoid normally but it looks lovely x thankyou john x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, a lovely card with very summery and floral colours. Love the layout. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John, oh I love that design, the colours youve chosen really make it pop, love the die cut to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John love this card it's just beautiful love the colours sings springtime the dies used this way brill thank you love always June Horrocks xxxxxcc
ReplyDeleteIt is very pretty John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John. I have a dress these colours but would never have thought using them on a card, but love it! SueL x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteLove the simplicity of design but I'm risking a splinter in my derrière as I'm on the fence about the colour combo lol!
Have a relaxing weekend.
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteYes you said on air we all have card we fall out with - we should all get them out and make something like this. It's lovely!
Anne M xxx
Lovely colours John. Very different. I love the Rococco striplet.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove your style of card ,the striplet dies are my all time favorite , but the colors are not for me , sorry .
Elaine H X
Morning John, this is so different, love the design of this card, but not sure about the colour combination.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLove to colours you've chosen for this card, and how you've mixed them up under the striplet. Lovely Spring like card. Thanks for sharing.
Love this card John but think I will have to read the instructions several times to understand how to make it. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAfternoon John.
ReplyDeleteI've left it a bit longer to comment today just so I can see what happens after repeated visits, and yep, it worked... it's really grown on me since 6am, like almost everyone else it was kinda hmmm dunno, not sure, but it's a definite "yes" from me xx ☺
Love the card but not really my choice of colours I would like to see it done in other colours but it is definitely out of the comfort zone.
ReplyDeleteYou're so clever John. Just love how yo've made this card.
ReplyDeleteLove Val x
Hi John. I love the design of today's card but am not too sure about the colours (perhaps it is because of the way they come across on the laptop screen)
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Really like this and it is good to try different. Luv jx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! Love the design and colours. Beautiful bows too.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
An u likely colour combination but, surprisingly it works well. Like it!
ReplyDeleteT
Darned predictive text on the iPad! That should read unlikely!!!!!
ReplyDeleteT
Hi John, very pretty colours together and I
ReplyDeletelike this card very much. Got to dig out that die,
know it is somewhere ...
Maria x
very nice colour combo different but nice ,spring colours ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteHi John, I really like this colour combination, it speaks to me of summer meadows and fields of gold. Keep venturing outside the box, the results are always very good. Love and hugs,
ReplyDeleteAlison D x
This is a lovely colour combination ,not one that I would have thought of using ,but it looks great
ReplyDeleteGreat card. Never would have thought of using these colours but it is good to experiment!
ReplyDeleteNicola x