The question on this card is is it too much?!? I can't work out if this card is juts right or whether it is over embellished lol
I stared by cutting the detail and outside die from the Sydney die set twice in lilac foundations card. I backed this with white card with double sided adhesive added and added diamond sprinkles to the exposed adhesive.
The rest of the card is made uo as shown using embossed lilac card coated in the Metallic Gilding Polish Pearl Lustre
Enjoy...
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I think it is just right. I love the colours. Have a great day. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a lovely card, but have to say I am not sure about the the embellishments, I think the card is beautiful enough to stand by itself, or just some small pearl corners.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteI think this may be a marmite one lol!
For me, I would lose the roses in the corners, otherwise a very pretty card.
Have a great day.
Any x
Hi John. Before I read your comments I looked at the card and said out loud - "what a pretty card". Definitely not overdone for me. It is gorgeous. I love the roses in the corners. Currently watching your recent shows which I recorded and feeling very inspired. Can't wait to get crafting today. Bought some of the new polishes to try having seen your demos. Thank you for the inspiration. Have a great day. x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John and a beautiful sunny Sunday Morning, I hope you are going to take time out to enjoy it. What a beautiful card and my favourite colour choice to. I love the layout and your choice of embellishments. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteHi John, I think the card is lovely, and there are people for whom it would be perfectly embellished. Have a great day. Bx
ReplyDeleteHi John I love this card and for me it's perfect so beautiful in fact. Any lady would be over the moon to recieve this beauty thank you love
ReplyDeleteJune Horrocks xxxxxx
This card is beautiful just right in fact. I would love to receive a card that is so gorgeous. Best wishes Loraine Jefferis xx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteCard very pretty although coloured flowers are a bit OTT. In my opinion it would be nice with either white roses or lilac ones and the leaf element kept white as it is.
Love and crafty hugs
Tina T xxxxx
Morning John, absolutely stunning xx
ReplyDeletePretty card today john x I love the sydney die and am asking myself why I don't have his one yet x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA great card , Girlie and beautiful my Granddaughter would be thrilled to receive this .
Elaine H X
Lovely card John. Not sure think I would maybe not have the roses in the corner. Having said that e ery one has different tastes and I am sure that many people, me included, would be delighted to receive this card. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteMorning John, what a stir you have caused, I can't make up my mind either, I think I might have used less of the flowers on the 4 corners because the scroll and leaves work well on there own, but that is just my opinion. Now the next thing I will say is that I tried the embossing folder with the rose blossom and did the colour cloud and gilding polish, I did 5 of them in different colours, I used the wrong gilding polish (silver) on the first one but I can use it as a background but the others I used the pearl lustre one and oh my word I am so, so pleased with the way they have come out and that is all down to you showing us how to do it on Hochanda, I am going to have to get another pot of the pearl lustre as I am sure I will be using this a lot.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy, hugs my friend June Smith xxx
It is pretty BUT it is a bit OTT in my opinion I would lose the roses in the corners and change the red ones to white
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing John, xxx
ReplyDeleteHappy Sunday to you too John. Sorry I've been missing a while but I have enjoyed catching up on all your recent projects. Divided opinion today. For me personally I'd have less embellishments but we can't all like the same things!! Love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteHello John. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I do like it - I think it is good to make something different once in a while. Have a great Sunday xx
ReplyDeleteIn reply to your question.....just perfect
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John. It is pretty but a little busy. I am a less is more girl!!!
ReplyDeleteNicola x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteHas that become your favourite background? Great card today.
Anne M xxx
Hi John.torn over this one. In first seeing it I thought it was a bit fussy and overdressed bot the more I look at the more it grows on me. Think it has a Victorian look to it.so yes its a goodun!
ReplyDeleteHi John. This is such a pretty feminine card, I love it
ReplyDeleteHi John. I don't think that this card has gone too far. Sometimes you want to make an over the top card for a particular recipient. I would have to agree with TinaT though that I would have chosen roses of a different colour.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI'm completely with Lisbeth - Lovely card but I, too, would do the roses in a different colour.
Hugs, Rose
Hi John, not ott at all John. Just perfect.
ReplyDeleteLve Valx
Love the card, but hubby says lose the pearls so your eye is drawn to the die in the center. Just goes to show we are all different. Kind regards Sandra
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love the design and beautiful roses.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI'm late today,I've just got home since yesterday morning, nope not a dirty stop out I was babysitting and stayed overnight at my Daughters home.
A a lovely card today very pretty.
Love the photos of your craft cave much too tidy my craft room is rather messy lol
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Maggie
It's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIn reading the comments, John, I see that people are divided!! But as for me personally, I think this is a gorgeous card!! I love roses, so all the roses, are to me, are just right!!! LOVE the colors!!!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I agree with Mrs Duck and others that you should remove the roses in the corners.
B xx
Just a little too fussy for me agree with the comments that the roses in the corner are just too much.
ReplyDeleteGood evening John
ReplyDeleteFlower I love your card, the colours and (tin hat on) some off your embellishments but perhaps a bit too many for me, sorry. Now having said that I absolutely love the frilly leaves and as I've just received it in the last few weeks and I love them as they are so pretty and very morish in my mind that are really hard not to use. On the corners they look so lovely but hey that's me. Thanks John for a gorgeous card,
Crafty hugs
Norah ( glenochil village )
never too much for me great card ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John, I wouldn't say anything unjust about it, except to say it's beautiful, hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card John. Love the colour. Don't change anything.
ReplyDeleteI just read that you would like us to comment on, if it is over done. I think it is. At least for me it is. I would take off the top left and lower right flower arrangement, and put on a corner of pearls.
ReplyDeleteHi John.
ReplyDeleteIt is beautiful I would leave off the pearls.
take care Kitty.
Hi John, for me the card is overdone. I think I would put pearls in place of leaves and flowers. Having said that I know loads of people who would love it like it is though so it would depend on who it's for. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteD x
Hi John. Love the design but if, I used roses, they'd have been lilac. A good discussion here!
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Absolutely beautiful John, love the little roses and your colour theme, Kate x
ReplyDelete