Well its back to reality today as I am demoing at one of my favourite places Sew Simple in Norwich. I will also be running a series of workshops there on Sunday so pop in and say hi today or see if you can fit in tomorrow ( I belle its fully booked but you never know)
I thought Today I would show you one of the cards I will be demoing using Sue Wilson's fabulous new range of dies as well as the Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders and Gilding polishes. This one uses nay absolute favourite the Stitched lattice background form the Shadow Box collection.
I stared by cutting the lattice in black foundation card I then cut the same die in rich red and I extended the pattern by putting the die back into the cut further along ( this is a favourite trick of mine that I always try to demo)
I offset the back trellis over the red and foam mounted this above. I then cut a frame for the trellis using the smallest and largest stitched frames that come with the set and placed this above.
Next I cut a series of the equate poppies in watercolour card and soaked them in water. I then shot Red Lava and midnight pixie powders over thesis to give the varied colours in the petals making the poppies, in my opinion, more realistic. I made up the poppies and added a 3mm black pearl in the centre of each before arranging these with the olive branch die cut in Brunswick green foundation card.
To make the bow I soaked American seam binding in blue white with all the pixie powders that were left on my craft sheet. This ,makes a shaded ribbon that matches as well as helping with clean up!
I made up some smaller poppies and placed these at the opposite corn to frame the lattice.
Finally I stamped the sentiment, from my Tulip elements clear stamp set ( this set is currently on offer on www.juliawattscrafts.co.uk) onto coconut white foundation card. I then used the Belgium collection tags cut in red and black to cut this out and frame the sentiment. I placed this in the centre , with mounting cushion of course) and added a couple more pearls.
A dramatic card but full of loads of techniques which always makes for an interesting demonstration.
Enjoy...
Morning John, that's a really pretty card today xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a beautiful card very dramatic
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA great card Thank you.
Have a great weekend Take care Kitty.
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWOW what a dramatic card, black and red always a good match. I love it!!!!!!
Back to the grindstone so soon after your hols. - lucky Norwich!!
Have a great Bank holiday weekend.
Love and crafty hugs.
Tina T xxxxx
What a wonderful card John. Great techniques for you to demo. I was in Norfolk this week visiting my Mum - love Sew Simple. Must go again soon.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeleteBut different this one! Love it though - love the way you have made the poppies.....
Anne m xxx
Great card John and the poppies look brilliant - much better than an all over colour.
ReplyDeleteD x
Morning John, wow a busy card today, lots of techniques used, love the way you have used the pixie powders for the poppies and the ribbon, looks so effective.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy yourself this weekend at one of your favourite stores
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Fantastic card, love the background & the colour of the poppies is brilliant.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hi John, this is a smashing card I love the colours and the dies you have used they really do stand out and I love the poppies
ReplyDeleteKathyB
Morning John.
ReplyDeleteEven though I've not left a comment since Tuesday's gorgeous black and pink stunning card I have been admiring your beautiful cards. I'm thrilled to bits that you are launching the next set of birthday stamps, at least I will have them ready for next year along with the earlier set, need the next set now for when I'm ready to stock up my market cards for the Autumn /winter birthdays, September October November etc.
I'm so looking forward to your next launch John and will also record for future reference (the black box is getting so short of space now) !!
I love today's sample and looking forward to seeing the other samples.
Have a great day at Norwich - ahhh haah as Steve Coogan says lol. I really need this stitched lattice die, it's gorgeous. I can't believe how much you are doing even before you've had the chance to unpack !!!
Oh well what can I say, just have a wonderful day xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteWow a absolutely gorgeous card today, I must try this out and need to set my box to record all your shows.
I bought this die set a while ago and haven't taken it out of the packaging I've been so busy sewing, i need to get back into the swing of card making.
Enjoy yourself in Norwich, our youngest Daughter and her family live a few minutes from the city. It's a lovely place.
Maggie
John, what can i say...STUNNING! This has to be one of my favourite cards I've seen on your blog. It ticks all the boxes for me.The choice of colours, the lattice background an the way you've coloured the poppies & ribbons,just amazing. Well done.
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteThe poppies are glorious.
B xx
What a stunner John I love it the lattice is beautiful and the poppies and awsum colours thank you John
ReplyDeleteLove June Horrocks xxxxxxx
Good morning John this is a gorgeous card I love the way you have created the background. The poppies are stunning. Pixie Powders are amazing. Have a great day today it sounds like fun. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteReally lovely card.
ReplyDeleteHi John. Brilliant card, I have a fondness for poppies, they are so beautiful and mean so much. I do wish you could come and demo down here in Surrey, I am sure you would get a wonderful response. Love Rosemarie x
ReplyDeleteGood Morning John have a nice trip to Norwich two of my family live that way. I adore your card its just stunning and a clever use of the pixie powders on the flower and ribbon, Im just about to have a play with those. hugs Shirleyxxx
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card, I have this die will try extending it.
Lydia
X
A very dramatic card, John. Love the colours.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteThis card is also bloomin fab! Love it.
Hugs, Rose
Eh up John
ReplyDeleteAnd now, from Norwich, its the craft show of the week! Now I am showing my age lol! Well yes, isn't this full of drama and colour. Love the overlapping trellis and the novel way you have coloured the poppies.
Have a great day.
Ang x
Hi John. Fab card. Looking forward to watching your shows. SueL x
ReplyDeleteHi John, just love this.
ReplyDeleteLove Valx
Gorgeous, x
ReplyDeleteVery dramatic
ReplyDeleteCarol
Hi John, Very
ReplyDeletestriking and unusual card,just love the poppies
Hi John, Very unusual and striking card,and just love the poppies. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and looking forward to your show Monday. Love Barbara D xx
Hi John, Very
ReplyDeletestriking and unusual card,just love the poppies
Hi John, Very unusual and striking card,and just love the poppies. Glad you enjoyed your holiday and looking forward to your show Monday. Love Barbara D xx
Hi John, totally beautiful design with the overlapping trellis and the colours are stunning, gorgeous blooms,Kate x 🙄
ReplyDeleteWow John you are certainly back with a bang Love this die and the poppy die are both on my wish list. Oh to win the lottery
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Where do you think up all these very different ideas They really get out imaginations going
ReplyDeleteLove this card. I have to confess I haven't tried my poppy die yet. Must remedy that. Have whole weekend by myself so should get something done. So much to experiment with.
ReplyDeleteI love the drama of this card Love the trick of offsetting the two background die cuts Very effective
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteA very dramatic card today. My word back from holidays and straight back to work. Looking forward to seeing the samples you've made for Sunday.
Great cheerful card. Love the poppies.
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous and love the colour scheme! Gorgeous poppies!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Linda xxx
Hi John. A very nice idea of what can be done with the dies although I am not too sure of the colour scheme. For me it looks a bit too confusing using 2 such strong colours with the lattice dies - sorry.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John
ReplyDeleteStriking!
Love Nancy xx
Fabulous card John from the dramatic colours to the gorgeous flowers it's beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteFabulous card John from the dramatic colours to the gorgeous flowers it's beautiful hugs Johanna
ReplyDeleteStriking card today john , its great x really really looking forward to your shows as I always learn so much x have a great weekend x
ReplyDeleteTheresa w x
Hi John, a really awesome card, love the sentiment, and it is special as I was at Chelsea Flower show this week. Bx
ReplyDelete