Its the last day of the NEC and once again I will be demoing on the Daisy Jewels stand. As its the Christmas crafts show I thought I would show you a Christmas card I made for a recent demo down in Taunton at the fab Craftsasmic! This is made using Sue's paper routing technique with the contrary poinsettia A4 embossing folder and silver moon texture paste.
I stamped the small tree from my Holly Tree elements onto black card with perfect medium and silver shone embossing powder.
I then made a classic poinsettia with the waste forget paper and edged the petals with the open petal poinsettias cut in black. This gives dimension to the flowers and adds a dramatic edge.
Finally I stamped CE double sided satin ribbon with perfect medium and the sentiment from y 12 days of Christmas set and heat set this with the silver embossing powder making a strip of ribbon and a knot.
I made you the card as shown .
It will be great to see all of you who can make it today to the NEC if not I will be back on Hochanda on Thursday and Friday next week so catch up then!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThis card is a joy, Thank you.
Have fun and take care Kitty.
Good morning John, well you could blow me down with a feather!!! I just love this!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your last day at the NEC.
Have a good one!!!
Loopy Lynda xxx
very nice card ,I like the colours but I know a lot of people who would horrified with a black card
ReplyDeleteA very beautiful card ,i just bet it is even more beautiful when you have it in your hand.
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Morning John,a very dramatic and gorgeous card very unusual colours but I really like it.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove this black and white detail. Worked really well!
Anne M xx
Wow! This is gorgeous. I must have a go! I'm really pleased with how the poinsettias turned out so thanks for the demo.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good day yesterday and enjoy the show today. Maybe a bit of a break tomorrow...?
Jan
Northampton
Hi John
ReplyDeletewhat a stunning christmas card love the colours and the Christmas tree thanks tracyw
Hi John. This is a beautiful card, so elegant with the lovely silver texture paste.
ReplyDeleteGoodness me, you are covering some miles at the moment aren't you? I hope you manage to grab some rest before your next shows on Thursday, once you get everything put neatly away from the NEC of course : ) Have a great final day. Take care xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card. The grouping technique looks brilliant.
B xx
Beautifully elegant card today! Love the black and silver together and the grouting looks wonderful. I like how you've stamped the ribbon, what a great idea. Debra x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteWow!! I love this, the background is fab.
Oh my how do you do all this rushing around you must be shattered. I've only just got up and struggling already lol!! But I'm only travelling about 2 or 3 miles to St George's Hall in Liverpool for the remembrance service.
Take care
Linda xx
Very classy card John.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful, John. Try and give yourself a bit of break tomorrow. Looking forward to the shows.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother gorgeous card today I love it.
You never seem to stop I hope you get some time off this week.
Enjoy your last day at the NEC
Maggie
A very lovely card John , classy!
ReplyDeleteXxRuth
Lovely card. What a brilliant idea to stamp the ribbon.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John this is a stunning Christmas card I love the stylish design. Enjoy the last day at the NEC. I am looking forward to your shows at the end of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! Thank you for being such an inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous card and looking forward to the shows, xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteReally beautiful card, enjoy your day.
Thanks for sharing,
Heather Treble
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteabsolutely beautiful card, as was your offering yesterday. I've started my xms cards in earnest (or rather panic!) and at the moment those xmas striplets come into their own as they don't need much else to make a lovely card.
Best wishes, Rose
Morning Have a good day today and looking forward to watching you on TV this week coming. Will set the recorder.
ReplyDeletePen x
Very dramatic card. Love your poinsettia made out of patterned card. Lots of 'confetti' under your workstation at the NEC yesterday, ha ha. SueL x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteA splash of silver opulence, with a soupçon of drama from the use of black. Gorgeous!
Feet up day tomorrow Mr L .........crafters orders!
Ang x
Hi John
ReplyDeleteLovely lovely card today. Love the poinsettia done in patterned card. I've set the recorder as usual for Thursday and Friday.
Happy Remembrance Day.
Wow-stunning card, love the dramatic colour combination.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Very posh!
ReplyDeleteCarol
Beautiful card x
ReplyDeleteMorning John,
ReplyDeleteClassy card, may be a bit dark for some but I love it.
Lydia
X
Quite dramatic John but very nice love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteYou must be exhausted John, you seem to have been all over the country while I was out of it, on holiday. Wish I could get to the show, but I am all spent out! Love the card, but then you never make a duff one!
ReplyDeleteHello John, I love your card, it's so striking in the black and silver, wonderful design and those blooms are fabulous, Kate x
ReplyDeleteHi John, This is lovely, so elegant.
ReplyDeleteI hope your demo day at NEC is a good one, you will be requiring some 'me' time when you have finished, hopefully your other half will pamper you when you get home.
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Don't forget to rest John. Beautiful card but I am not sure I like the colors for this one.
ReplyDeleteShirley
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card. A real beauty! Hope you get a rest after avery busy weekend.
Hugs, T x
Hi John,
ReplyDeletegorgeous card ! Hope you had a good last day at the NEC
See you on the box :-)
Maria x
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card!!
:-)
Lorna D
Hi John, wow, this is gorgeous. I love the silver on black, it really looks elegant and rich. Hope you've had a great time today at the NEC x Hopefully I will catch you on you Hochanda Thursday and Friday xx "Thank you John" xx Love Karen xx
ReplyDeleteHi John, a lovely card, but I still can't get used to black Christmas Cards, although this one does look beautiful> Love the Christmas Tree Stamp
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Hi John, had a wonderful time meeting you at NEC today, thank you, I saw so many friends I was overwhelmed, what a wonderful experience, learnt sooooooo much. Thank you again for everyone.
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card today, I was lucky enough to see some of your originals on the stand and the photo's do not do them justice, you are a true creative expert.
Stay safe, healthy, and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Exquisite John Have tried grouting once and was quite pleased with the result I love how you've used the waste to make the Poinsettias
ReplyDeleteLove the black and silver ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteLove the black and silver ,Laura O
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous christmas card, I really love the black and silver.
ReplyDeleteI really want to try the grouting technique but am worried I would make a complete mess of it and wonder how bits don't show up on the embossed parts, think I will have a play tomorrow.
And I really love the christmas tree stamp and will be ordering as soon as payday comes round.
Hi John, this card is gorgeous really loving the black. Take Care Melody xxx
ReplyDeleteLove it so elegant x
ReplyDelete