Happy Friday,
Im really sorry I haven't been able to post details of the Northern England workshops before today but we wanted to give those who attended and booked earlier in the year chance to confirm their bookings. Thats does so now I can share the details. Please see the poster below for details there are 2 days one standard workshop and one Techniques day.
Back to today and I thought I would share a few of the different techniques I showed on the Hochanda show over the next couple of days.
This first card is made by using the square media plate. I stared by adding dawn and ultramarine izink ink over the media plate ( I have had a lot of questions about what inks I use I use Dye based inks which are fast trying and intense in colour I have found that Distress Ink works but gives a different level of paternation and is a lot softer) I then added the argyle mask over the top and ran a brayer over the top. I then added a little night ink to the brayer and ran this over to add a different colour to the plate. I then stamped this onto the card using the press to impress stamp press. Next I used the solid leaf stamp and the night izink ink pad and stamped over the media plate. I stamped this then added black versafine all around the edge of the media plate and again stamped the image.
Finally I stamped the black tree over the top ( again using the stamp press) and cut this out matting it onto a pice of blue card. For the body of the card I used a piece of card I had cleaned my brayer on for the misty background and added the pieces, with matts, to a white card blank.
Here are the details of the northern workshops!
again please contact lockerscrafts@gmail and Mrs D will send you any details and take bookings.
Enjoy...

Morning John, lovely sample today, I remember seeing you do this on Hochanda, it looks so easy. I know that everyone has been so busy trying to get all your orders out from them, I am waiting too, but they will arrive, everyone is eager to use the products.
ReplyDeleteYes only 2 more sleeps, getting so excited as it is so near now. I hope you realise how much we are ALL looking forward to it.
Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteA lovely card thank you.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteAnother great example, love the effect on the piece.
I had a play with my goodies, it was fun but I still have a lot to learn.
What a wonderful place to have your November Workshops, I just LOVE that area of Yorkshire.
Hazel and I will have a good chat about it later to make a decision.
Have a wonderful day
Patricia xxx
Great card John and the colours are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMarion S x
Another great card John. Joycex
ReplyDeleteA lovely card John. Your products are on my wish list xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John, a gorgeous card good luck with your workshops.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
That is so pretty. My stamp press came yesterday along with one set of stamps which look lovely. Hope to get time to play tomorrow - been concentrating on lace this week.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John ,
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous card love the colours .
Catherine V94 xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteGreat card.Love it.
Jan
Lovely card today.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Hello John a really lovely card today, really like the main image offset in the corner. Have a great day all. Bx
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely card, John. I have missed papercrafting this week but did make three cards last night which were a special order from a lady on the lace course. I have had an excellent sales week so have made quite a bit of money for my charity.
ReplyDeleteAnne (Northampton)
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA beautiful card. I love that you made the background from the leftover brayering.
B xx
Wow, love it, xxx
ReplyDeleteI love it too John. Remember you doing something similar at Preston. Xx
ReplyDeleteGreat techniques Northallerton is just too far for me
ReplyDeleteMorning John, beautiful card, am so looking forward to trying this technique.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteLovely card.
Lydia
X
lovely card today John.
ReplyDeletehugs Helen x
Lovely card John I love the stamp and colours are lovely xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks
Lovely card John very clever techniques love from Jackie xx
ReplyDeleteMorning John
ReplyDeleteLove today's card and great news about the north workshops, we'll see you there!
June x
Morning John, Lovely to see this gorgeous card on your Blog !!
ReplyDeleteLovely to see your next workshops, sadly Northallerton is too far for me, but no doubt that the peeps attending will be so lucky !!
Lots of love from Patricia xx
Lovely card. Sadly your workshops are too far away.
ReplyDeleteGood morning John. Another gorgeous card. Oh Patricia and I were on the phone to each other very early working out things to see about us attending this workshop. Hazel x
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeletebeautiful card and the colours are so pretty.
Love the brayered background.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
Fogot to say can't wait till you hold a workshop nearer me.
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteAnd enjoy I did! Lovely focal piece!
Hugs, Rose
Hi John. Lovely card today. Thank you for this and the detailed instructions. Stamps and masks have arrived so I now need to find time to use them. Could only get two masks at the moment but one I did get is the one you used today so could start with that card. Take carexx
ReplyDeleteGood afternoon John
ReplyDeleteWow another fabulous card love it especially the colours you have used.
Thank you again for your help and advice yesterday it was very much appreciated.
Have a lovely day
Margaret xxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely card! Very artistic! It's looks very difficult but with your new products achievable - eventually!! Lol.
I won't be able to come to Northallerton as we have a family celebration that weekend . One of these days!!! Lol!
Love Myra x
Hi John what a great Card. So love all the products you're using and can't wait to get my hands on them.
ReplyDeleteLovely to be in contact today.
Love Valxxx
Hi John this is a stunning card I love it. Your stamps are amazing and proving to be very popular. Your workshops are going be in great demand. Take care. Hugs Jackie
ReplyDeleteHi John, What a really interesting technique. It really looks as though the bit you have done on the media plate has been run through an embossing folder as it is so 3D looking. Great. Can't wait until the media plates are back in stock.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card today, definitely a less is more!
Ooh so exited to read about Northallerton. Hopefully I'll be lucky and get a place.
Maureen x
Not sure what happened there as I was definitely on the right day but then found I was on a different day??
ReplyDeleteFabulous card today. I love the background but not sure I could manage it myself.
Hope you've had a good day.
Crafty hugs,
D xx
John this is absolutely beautiful, i love the design and those
ReplyDeletebeautiful colours.
Hi John This is such a lovely card love the background and the stamp
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Do hope you'll have a workshop done south in the near future.
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteThis has a lovely serene elegance about it with the understated pastel tones.
Ang x
Beautiful card John
ReplyDeleteHug's Lynda xx