Happy Saturday,
A quick could be Christmas card today using the inner die from the woodland scene die I have been using all week!
I stared by cutting the inner scene die into silver mirror card and embossed it in the die to give the crisp edge and movement on the edges of the tree. I then foam mounted this over an embossed panel using the Crafts Too snow embossing folder with grey coredinations card. I then sanded the embossed background which gives a lighter colour where sanded making the raised pattern stand out.
Next I cut a frame in black card and added strips of stick on crystals all around this ( to highlight the design and not to hide my wobbly cutting honest! I added this onto a larger piece of the black with a strip of silver ribbon and a grey bow and hat pins.
This would make a good card for many occasions from sympathy to a men's card to even Christmas!
Enjoy...
Hi John.
ReplyDeleteThank you a lovely card.
Take care and have fun Kitty.
good morning john xx such a pretty card to start the day with xx its stunning xx lots of love and huggs to you xx
ReplyDeleteLovely card to start the weekend. Thanks John.
ReplyDeleteI'm certain I left a comment about yesterday's card but it seems to have disappeared so must have had a blonde moment. Loved yesterday's card - the colours, everything.
Have a great day.
Happy crafting,
D xx
Lovely card John,as you say it would be suitable for lots of occasions. Joycex
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLovely card.Looks so different in silver,very unusual.
Jan
Morning John, nice card today, could easily be adapted in different colours too.
ReplyDeleteStay safe, healthy and happy hugs, June Smith xxx
Great. Card John.
ReplyDeleteJan
Northampton
Morning John, a lively card love the colour.
ReplyDeleteNancyd xx
Morning John a super card love the colours.
ReplyDeleteCatherine .xx
Lovely card today John great Christmas card xxxxx
ReplyDeleteLove June horrocks
Good morning John,
ReplyDeleteLove the scene Die, could be adapted for so many occasions.
Have a great day
Patricia xxx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteA lovely card.
Looking forward to seeing you at Newbury Papercraft Show today.
B xx
Great card, could be used for many occasions.
ReplyDeleteMichele
Morning John
ReplyDeleteStunning card... I will definitely need to add this to my stock!
June x
Lovely card, John, although I am not keen on the "sideways" bow. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteYears ago I had a Christmas card with a tree cut out scene like this die. I still have it and use it occasionally as a template.
Have a good day.
Anne (Northampton)
We are on a similar wave length John as I am busy at the moment making my own Christmas cards (as opposed to all the charity ones). I am using the new Robin Redbreast stainglass window and cutting it in Silver. I want that die too but at the moment I cannot afford it as its quite an expensive one.
ReplyDeleteI am now on countdown - 10 days to go - cant wait to find out what you are going to be doing.
Love and hugs Helen xx
Hi John
ReplyDeleteWhat a great card, the grey embossed card behind the silver makes it look really 3D, such a great effect. Have fun in Newbury, hope it's not too warm.
Love Diane x
Morning John,
ReplyDeleteGreat card.
Lydia
x
A very unusual card and colours , but it all works well .
ReplyDeleteElaine H X
Gorgeous John A card for all sorts of occasions
ReplyDeleteVery classy John. That woodland scene is lovely. xx
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely Christmas card, love that background embossing folder too.
Gorgeous John, xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautifully designed card John, anything with trees in just love and the little deer is just a bonus, Kate x
ReplyDeleteEh up John
ReplyDeleteOn 2 of the pictures, I'm getting copper rather than silver lol! Not sure about the crystals but very dramatic looking card.
Have fun in Newbury.
Ang x
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteStriking and unusual card today, I like it - I think ha ha.
Maureen xx
Hi John. Once I had ordered this die, I had already earmarked the centre die for Christmas cards. I have a stamp that is quite similar and have made some quite successful seasonal cards using it.
ReplyDeleteLisbeth
Hi John, a very striking card. Have to agree that it would make great Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteWendyx
Such a lovely design for many occassions. I have not seen the background embossing folder before seeing it on your card. And I very much like how you used gray colored cardstock to emboss the snow/rain and then sanded the raised area to get a much lighter "drop". Great look. One I plan to use on one of my cards. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteHi John,First time ever I have to say this isn't really anything I would do.As stylish as it is,it doesn't appeal to me personally,I am really sorry.Stay healthy and happy Lots of Love Barbara D xxx
ReplyDeleteHi John,
ReplyDeleteI love that card. It's very dramatic and beautiful. You are right, from sympathy to men's (wouldn't use it for Xmas though unless there'd be lurking a little Santa in a brilliant red coat in the bottom right LOL).
Hugs, Rose
Hi John lovely card and easy adapted to other occasions too#
ReplyDeleteHave a great day
Love
Sharon
xxx
Hello John,
ReplyDeleteIt's unusual for me not to really like your cards but
I'm not at all sure about this one! Maybe it's the bow? I'm not sure . However you can't please all of the people all of the time as the saying goes! Have a good weekend! Safe travel if you are on the roads!
Love Myra x
I love this one especially the huge bow!
ReplyDeleteHi John
ReplyDeleteLove how you've made this card John. However, I'm not to sure that it needs the bow.
Hi John,
ReplyDeleteI too am getting the colour copper, but needless to say it's totally gorgeous and very dramatic looking.
Such an excellent scene you have created with those lovely dies.
Lots of crafty regards. Jenny L.
That card is so elegant. Beautiful job.
ReplyDeleteHi John Stunning card love it!
ReplyDeleteLovely card John. Thank you for sharing. Good to see you at Newbury today. Really enjoyed the day.
ReplyDelete